I have made major life decision about current events

Newspapers matter not to me.

I want to become a hermit, find a small place of Zen and truly hope everyone blows themselves up out of stupidity without any Divine intervention.Then there will be silence and peace.

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    I get it. I retreat to my little space at home regularly and often.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• I feel the same way about the news. All that bullshit matters little to me, most of it is half truths if any truth at all. And all of it wants us to live our lives in fear. There's a lot to be said for silence and peace.
  • LosientoLosiento Posts: 282
    edited February 2014
    Does that count for tuning out and tuning in? Most things lack permanence here anyway, for me. Building and shaping a world really takes the determination by many and a definite lack of Ego plus an agenda of helping as many as people as possible. I realize in the long run in some manner it comes to fruition and I can only hope to reach the place I helped build and take people who helped along the way with me. In the meantime, settling for tiny place of quiet Zen without outside interference works for me.
    Post edited by Losiento on
    edited February 2014

I feel the same way about the news. All that bullshit matters little to me, most of it is half truths if any truth at all. And all of it wants us to live our lives in fear. There's a lot to be said for silence and peace.

Not that I don't care but everyone just wants to spin the shit for their own advantage and what really we end up with is... selfishness, greed, war, hunger and all the other horrors we see becomes tiring. I watched a world watch want to march to its own freedom that says enough for me. I saw a bunch of people who went for a ruthless power grab. I know average humans have the power to make the change. The world is in the need of release from the hands of the few with its icy grips holding it hostage. At best, I hope it has been an inspiration for many.
    Oh, when and if I get there I am hanging a sign on the door to it that says "no assholes allowed" and closing it forever!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Bad shit's always gonna happen. Going the hermit route and hiding from it won't make it go away...and I think part of it as relates to the initial post is knowing what's news / newsworthy and what's shit - or depending on perspective, what you consider to be shit.

That said, I advocate and practice periodic "in-hidings" (as I do finding solace in our individual trees). They're needed and healing, and allow for freshness and reconsideration of views...for calm and digestion of this life.

Also incredibly valuable for seeing the hypocrisies in ourselves as we accuse others of the same.

Being selfish is human nature. We indulge in it (and other "sins") from time to time. Within reason, what a release it can be. At this point, I'm comfy with periodically feeding those sides of myself and in doing so, keeping my other responsibilities in line.

Keeping my psyche in line.
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    well that was something (i'm a dick)
    i spent quite a while typing here
    & in the end i couldn't hit submit

maybe tomorrow
    i am proud of what i wrote though
    so it is saved

goodnight & be well
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    I do not believe that selfishness is human nature. I believe it is taught or is a product from the environment we live in. it is a product of our own fears and comfort of the ID. Sometimes, to keep myself in balance is to question need vs want. If it is a want to feed our own ego then have we become our own hypocrisy by belief, once it is recognized is it not possible to make the change?

So when do you draw the line? I need or want to be Hermit the world is insane. I know how the puppet show works and willing to jump in the game when it seemingly gets out of control. I don't want to hear critics if I am not out there parading in the streets for change or accused of not caring about what happens to the outcome when the world runs on freewill and repercussions of the actions of the people who want to make the world hum. At best one can do is lead by example give them information on how to be human and let people decide for themselves what direction they are going. There are only a few simple truths to correct the direction of the evolution of the human race at this level. If the consensus can be made worldwide then it really shouldn't be to hard to make the steps we need. Like I said it is the icy grip of control which hinders the process.

And as I said before, as relates to other human traits-dubbed-sins such as lust, greed, sloth...yeah, I believe it is in our nature. I feel it's better to deal with than deny or suppress.

So there ya go.

We don't have to agree.

I'm curious though - what are those few simple truths?
    chadwick said:

well that was something (i'm a dick)
    i spent quite a while typing here
    & in the end i couldn't hit submit

maybe tomorrow
    i am proud of what i wrote though
    so it is saved

goodnight & be well

I have done and do the same, in that purge-it-ahh, fuckit-save-it realm.

No return to sender, just save, preserve...maybe re-read and take pause, edit, or delete on the next go-around.

Good to release it though.

Always wishing you well, chadwick.
    hedonist said:

And as I said before, as relates to other human traits-dubbed-sins such as lust, greed, sloth...yeah, I believe it is in our nature. I feel it's better to deal with than deny or suppress.

So there ya go.

We don't have to agree.

simple truths we have been given about life easy ...

don't kill
    don't cheat
    don't lie

blah blah blah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I48hr8HhDv0

:)>-
    people make the world more complicated than what is necessary
    no but seriously

changes in overdue environmental policy

changing the mentality to less is more

nuclear proliferation is BS

changes in Human Service policies

shit like that...

changing the societal model from cathedral to bazaar

I shouldn't have to explain

these changes shouldn't be made because you have vested interest monetarily wise

they should be made because you just might and should care about future generations of "humans" and other sentient living on the planet and the habitats they thrive in

and for me believing in reincarnation you just might have to come back and live in the shit you created from this lifetime
    good morning & a ice storm slaps us upside the head
    many will complain all day long
    they will cry about it all year
    for some, their whole lives are spent whining
    yeppers, uttering solid & liquid shit at a constant
    anything & everything to bitch about
    as they slam back their beer

when it rains
    boohoo
    when it is hot & humid
    negativity prevails with these people

this is just a small example of my morning's view on the battle we are in coexisting with our fellow man
    (this is not what i had written lastnight)

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edited February 2014
    The world works this way: There are good people, there are bad people. there are good people who work for bad and bad people who work for good. Then there are those that sit on their butts and complain about how the whole thing works. Have beer, stfu, be an armchair patriot going nowhere but fox news fast with the exception for the chance of achieving great social heights of a beer gut and the growing out of your mullet. Sound about right?
    kinda... she's an older lady, in her 70's
    a neighbor of mine
    every single day is not perfect
    how can you complain about the cold, the snow, the ice & everything else that comes with winter
    when you scarcely set foot outside your bullshit place
    oh but you have ice cold beer, cigarettes & your complaints that never end

she complains about the field mice that ate & continue eating on her wiring under the hood of her car
    yet just a couple years ago she was part of the complaining committee that had the local free roaming cats removed
    maybe they were farm cats from around the way
    maybe they were wild ass cats
    who cares
    cats eat on mice
    now the mice are eating on your car

good job

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    everybody wants to be like me

one of my doctors has a male nurse who just told me this last week. i smile big matching his own, "nice beard", i tell him. he says, "just trying to be like you, chad". we laugh, all smiles. "everybody wants to be like me", i tell him. laughing & smiles again all big

here's the deal. firstly, i'm just full of shit but yeah that happened & it happens. no big deal.

becoming buddhist. i felt a magic, a mystical ancient energy grab my attention but it done this long ago before i myself knew or followed more with my awareness being paid to the powers of this living air, water, soil, trees, grass, stone, self & others, & all else. it has been in more recent years when it all came together inside & around me as it felt real & as my guide.

although i've always felt guided along by some unseen force & i usually always listened & followed along, yet was a disaster. the universe kept me out of deep jams but allowed my disasterous ways of self to twirl about.

i look at life in a few ways... the ever expanding & shrinking universe as we know this life right here to be & do not understand it to be, is a petri dish. we are cells, microscopic creatures going to town. in us is another microscopic universe, inside gazelle is a microscopic world, lions, birds, worms & flies. very easily disturbed are these petri dishes

trees & plants are doing incredible acts with the sun, rain, soil & gasses not to mention making us happy. your home is your sanctuary, your refuge, your sacred space where not being disturbed is the way. positive energy must flow & will trickle at times - often with a dammed up pile of shit & sweat, but run it must, soon, gliding along nicely sailing through with might & courageous amounts of learning through mistakes, selfishness, lies, self indulgence & a enormous list of crap can be recorded here as us humans have catalogs filled with our bullshit that only holds us back & down so we can not soar above the usual

mind over matter, every single day, all day
    as training never ends
    one will not ever quit
    stop or die

we are with wind
    sand blows cold
    as it has snowed

soon warriors are popping up creating colorful valleys
    flowers are steel or wood hammers
    a cheerful songbird enjoys
    joins in

& so
    clouds know each note
    they hang up the day
    the night holds tight
    every mountaintop has this kiss & equality
    a chance at being

& left the fuck alone

http://youtu.be/wovXWpI7CQs

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Losiento said:

The world works this way: There are good people, there are bad people. there are good people who work for bad and bad people who work for good. Then there are those that sit on their butts and complain about how the whole thing works. Have beer, stfu, be an armchair patriot going nowhere but fox news fast with the exception for the chance of achieving great social heights of a beer gut and the growing out of your mullet. Sound about right?

I think I understand where you're coming from, though that last part strikes me as stereotypical.

I believe there's good and bad (for lack of better terms) in all of us; it's what we choose to live by, what we choose to make our rule rather than our exception.

It's quite telling how we act when no one else is around. Whether or not one believes in god - or anything else - in the end, we have to answer to ourselves.

(well, I do)

edited February 2014
    we can start healing by turning off the tv
    watching a movie from time to time is entertaining
    i throughly enjoy learning/discovering new things so the internet is an awesome tool for me
    other than that... destroy all video games with hammers & fire
    craftmanship builds a seaworthy vessel
    sail far & wide
    fight everyone
    take their women

life is simple

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    TV, like the internet, provides knowledge and entertainment. It's all in how we use it or not, no?

Life is, or can be, simple. I love when it is, like on this glorious morning off from work (thank you, presidents).

But complexity always weaves its way in.

As to video games? I've been digging Grand Theft Auto lately - another form of release and speed and virtual fuck-you's to some of the folks I encounter in real life.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    If "No news is good news" than all news is bad news. Right? I read the news online and often skim over things I should likely take more interest in....and linger on stories that I should not give a shit about. But I take it as I feel like taking it. Doesn't change what goes on out there but it tempers my hostility toward much of what goes on out there.
    Mr Chadwick, I always like reading your posts, you strike me as one interesting sob. Sorry to hear that the dingbat next door is still driving you bonkers.
    OP, if those are truly your wishes I imagine that you can achieve those goals for yourself. Hopefully nobody blows anyone up but I understand taking your toys and heading home. To quote one of my favorite books, I ask myself on days when I get pissed off at a perceived never-ending rising level of idiocy in our world: 'Who is John Galt?"
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    hedonist, thank you for reading my stuff & not bashing me in the face with your snow shovels. in what i write i inject humor, stupid shit, ancestory & real life lessons. burning, melting & smashing video games is a comment i make from time to time as are the comments about dropping televisions from rooftops.

point being... millions of americans watch a lot of fucking tv. millions of americans are gaming their balls off day in & day out. when millions of kids are not in school they are gaming. these are my nephews. it makes me insane.

kids need work skills, kids need to earn blisters on their hands, feet & they need to bleed a bit & dwell in body aches awhile.
    shoveling snow for a few bucks is a great lesson
    splitting wood, wheelbarrow firewood around the house & stack the stuff
    shovel more snow, split, move & stack more wood

detasseling corn - a summer job kids do
    a summer job youth should be made to do by parents who are not raising candy asses
    hell to the no... two of my nephews are not at all stepping up to the plate of manhood very well

i try
    i try
    i try
    & i try to talk to them about becoming men & leaving behind the boys
    i tell 'em it will not ever be easy
    life is brutal
    life is beautiful
    life will slap you stupider than you may already be
    you can not ever give up
    pain is to be overcame
    please go & get a summer job out in the corn fields so you can buy yourself the latest
    high dollar PS IV or whatever it is

"but why? mom will buy it for us
    each of us get one" - dude

boys should be fighting

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    thanks, F me in the brain
    anytime you need a new neighbor or a new love in your life
    i can hook you up with this cougar i know

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    chadwick said:

thanks, F me in the brain
    anytime you need a new neighbor or a new love in your life
    i can hook you up with this cougar i know

Thanks, but no thanks! :)
    Lucky enough to have the love of my life and I had to dig my 75 year old neighbor's car out of the snow the other day after he foolishly tried to ram his way through the pile the plow left in front of his driveway. At least 2 feet high with 1 foot of snow + the plow buildup and I saw him ram it from my window. Laughed hysterically while I put on my work boots and gloves and ran across the street with my shovel. He was nice enough about it but said "I thought I could make it" -- at which point I stopped shoveling and started laughing again.
    To your point about being a man -- when I came back in my 9 yr old nephew, who we are raising, says to me "Uncle Brett, if the old man was silly enough to drive into the snow like that and make you laugh, why did you run out to help him?"

:(|)

We need to show by doing, many in society today obviously do not do a good job in instilling these common sense things in kids today. He has been with us now for almost 2 years but we have to counter the 'damage' done by weekends with his mother in the white trash apartment complex where all of the bums congregate. :-w

OP -- this is why we cannot withdraw from society...we cannot be like 'John Galt'....we need to try and make the world a little better one brick at a time. Because we can.
  • Losiento said:

I feel the same way about the news. All that bullshit matters little to me, most of it is half truths if any truth at all. And all of it wants us to live our lives in fear. There's a lot to be said for silence and peace.

Not that I don't care but everyone just wants to spin the shit for their own advantage and what really we end up with is... selfishness, greed, war, hunger and all the other horrors we see becomes tiring. I watched a world watch want to march to its own freedom that says enough for me. I saw a bunch of people who went for a ruthless power grab. I know average humans have the power to make the change. The world is in the need of release from the hands of the few with its icy grips holding it hostage. At best, I hope it has been an inspiration for many.
    I believe that if we choose to keep seeing the cynicism in the world, that's all that we'll see. Taking a break of solitude does do wonders. But the real change is when we see the beauty in spite of all the nastiness. Hold onto that thought and then spread it, after a time of solitude is over.
    edited February 2014
    f me in the brain,

you are doing a wonderful job. nearly nothing else in the world is as feel good as shoveling out one's elderly neighbor who just so happened to run his car up onto & into a well packed/heavily compressed snow plowed snow pile. that is some chore as the snow is stiff as shit, solid & igloo brick ready but in a nice healthy random pile of winter

i'll try & type up a story for ya

shoveling out a lady in her car all lost & stuck on a deserted country gravel road that had just been beat down by blowing drifting snow that grew & grew, taller & taller. the man who lived a few hundred feet down the road was (RIP) Ralph Wiggenjist a old ass farmer who was a retired railroader, multimillionaire & a nutjob basket case who lived in something like a larger style chicken coop in a horse pasture. he raised hogs, cows & made his own butter.

we roll up on the scene & Ralphy is alone working in the drifts with his hog shit scooping shovel & his worn out layered on clothing as this terrified gal sits behind the wheel of her fancy car in her up town attire. we stroll on up there... instantly Ralph's face lights up w/ a warm glow & a twinkle in his eye sets off the afternoon. my brother & i were not dressed for such bullshit but we were there to help & we did.

Ralph's distressed coat had 19 pockets up & down the thing, count 'em... 19 pockets, 1,2,3. all held filthy, sweat stained hole filled work gloves with the newer ones being 7 yrs old. he handed them out with great vigor & happiness as they would help our hands stay somewhat warm while working in this freezer. he was a pleased beast as he quickly made his way up the road to his farm where he collected two more shovels. he returned with wonderment & we shoveled & pushed the car until she was at the highway & back safely on her way.

Raplh Wiggenjist would buy farms (at these estate auctions or whatever) with cash in a grocery sack. fuck meeting at the stuffy ass bank spending all day fucking around with suits signing papers & jerking around w/ those idiots. meet at the farm & call it a day.
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Ha! Nice story, I like it! I can picture an old time farmer who helps anyone out at any time...knew my share of good old boys who lived in glorified chicken coops in a shit pasture and were some of the best people I ever had the privilege to know.

When I was a drunken 17 year old my buddy and I put my old Escort GT into a ditch in VT in the middle of the night when it was snowing like the world was ending. 2 huge guys stopped and helped us get the car out and I never forgot that. They didn't comment on the fact that we were drunken idiots out on a dirt road in the snowstorm but followed us back to my buddy's house to make sure we made it. Never forgot that. We nicknamed them 'Sub' and 'Tank' because of how huge they were and I guarantee that if I texted my buddy now (who I speak with 1-2 times per year) with just "Hey, what's up...Sub & Tank rock!" he would laugh and send back a message about those 2 kind guys to help us out in a snowstorm so that we didn't get DUIs or worse. [I am going to text him now, good memory!]

Losiento -- keep doing good things, shit like this has a way of balancing the wackiness that life can deal out on a daily basis.
    great stuff, man. awesome guys, sub & tank. i know them well i'm sure & have been aided by them as well. they get around quite well & are skilled at helping young drunken dipshits out of snow packed ditches along lonely country roads

good advice given... "keep doing good things, shit like this has a way of balancing the wackiness that life can deal out on a daily basis." - f me in the brain

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    hedonist said:

So there ya go.

We don't have to agree.

I think we see the natural expression of humaness in babies and children. Which includes a fair bit of MINE MINE MINE.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mickeyrat said:

hedonist said:

So there ya go.

We don't have to agree.

I think we see the natural expression of humaness in babies and children. Which includes a fair bit of MINE MINE MINE.
    not just MINE MINE MINE but also violence. children don't learn to hit, they just start hitting. same with biting.
    we have to face the fact that as smart as we are, we are still animals. half of us are crap-flinging chimps to this day. we can choose to be better, and we should, but the impulses exist and there is no benefit to denying them.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?