Options

In Need of New Ride

HeartdogHeartdog Posts: 28
edited February 2014 in All Encompassing Trip
Hey fellow Jammers. I thought maybe I would share this hear, since I love this community so much. Maybe you've seen me at a show or two with my current and past dog. I'm in a wheelchair, and have this really rad pup, from Seattle no less! that loves to literally push me in my wheelchair, with his nose LOL. We have a video I shared awhile back of him doing that. At the San Diego show he was pushing me all over up and down the GA area.
Well, my wheelchair has a defect, that has gotten really bad. My front wheels randomly freeze up, causing the chair to sharply veer. I've fallen, and run into cars. Scary. However, I'm a photographer, and it's been very lean for awhile, and I'm still even paying off debt from vet expenses with my last dog's cancer, which ultimately took him. That great dog got to meet Ed a few times...
If you could share this, or help in any way, it would be most appreciated. It feels awkward, but insurance won't get one, and I can't think of what to do. Justice True the coolest pup on the planet would dig getting back to going zoom-zoom with my chair! (You can see the video posted on the page linked here, too!)
https://www.youcaring.com/chair4tamandJT
Post edited by Heartdog on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Bump! With good wishes to you and your pooch, and for a safe chair.
  • Options
    Hey thanks! They're so damned expensive. It happened really bad at the San Diego show, too, my pup was pushing me around, then I had to suddenly go on a wheelie to get around, the wheels completely froze up with the drizzly weather!
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    this is some fucking land we live in where someone who needs a wheel chair has one hell of a time getting one. $$$ is what drives this bullshit. btw, awesome video & great dogs.

i have no credit cards or paypal, i'm all about cash. my friends & i send cash money through the mail no problem. i'd like to donate.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce