*New update from Nugs*

Comments

• Goatboy said:

quick question from reading this thread...does the packaging not include the setlist? and are there gaps between tracks?????

It's supposed to have the set list and it's not supposed to have gaps.

In general, that's the way they've been coming, but folks have experienced both issues.
    To be even more clear, it has only happened on a some of the Hartford CD's. The 2nd & 3rd discs had gaps and the tracklisting on the paper casing was missing "GO". I have not read or heard of it happening on any others.
    I also had internal disc labeling errors on my Brooklyn 2. Not a big deal, but I wouldn't minimize what's going on. Do you work for them? You've understated the issues:
    CopperTom said:

Gaps have appeared on some Philly shows too.

And, why should any of that be acceptable? It's burning a CD and printing a jacket. It's not rocket science. Again, nothing that changes the world. But, there's no reason for the shoddy quality.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

JF110284 said:

There mere fact that PJ makes each show (almost) available for us is awesome, given that that they don't need to do that. And the fact that Nugs stepped up to give free mp3 downloads in the meanwhile was a solid move - they were under no obligation to do that either. So, before complaining, just ask yourself "what would Louis say?"

PS - I still don't have my boots ordered 12/27...

You guys make it sound like PJ invented this. Allman Brothers and tons of other bands have pretty much every show available and have for years. Black Crowes have shows ready usually less than a week after. It's not that tough. I'm generally on the side of laying back but this is a clear service issue that needs to be addressed.
    I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure PJ pretty much DID invent this. 2000 tour. It was pretty much unprecedented at that point in time that a band released live recordings of their entire tours.

The price is not bad for a bootleg, but considering they are CD-R it's not great. I haven't ordered any new ones but aren't they CD-R again? Kufala used to say they guaranteed their CDRs for the life of the company or something like that... well 3 years later there isn't a Kufala, correct?
    I think they were first to put them all out commercially, but whatever. I meant the broader bootleg issue.

And, I don't recall anybody saying anything about the price (mainly b/c you're right - vs. other bands they are on the low end).

You seem to be directing arguments where there was no argument.

The issue is they are late for reasons WITHIN their controls (again, not really concerned about a few extra weeks wait myself. It's just the facts) and then in an effort to catch up they are putting out shoddy quality, that again is THEIR control (as proven by the fact that some folks get ok versions of certain shows while others get bad ones). And lastly, it appears the band has delayed releasing other boots b/c of their mess up (don't know this for sure, but seems weird the regular schedule all of a sudden got shelved. Maybe, it was just a contributing factor and not the only factor. But, regardless - it shouldn't be a factor at all).
    Sorry, the price comment was in reference to the 11th post down on the 2nd page of this thread, not your quote, I just didn't feel like double quoting. Someone said $17-18 was crazy high for a bootleg. I was thinking about how bootlegs in the 90s used to have shit sound and cost $50 for 2 CDs or $30 for one. $17 isn't bad, BUT they are CDRs and considering that, it's not the same as paying for a pressed CD to a lot of people.

Surely Pearl Jam is not the first band to put out a live album commercially, but as far as recording all their shows and releasing them all, I am pretty sure they DID invent it. Black Crowes probably did it soon after, Phish, Metallica a few years later etc etc... and if anyone wants to research it and tell me that's wrong, feel free, but I am almost positive Pearl Jam "invented" the idea of being able to purchase any show (almost any these days) from an entire tour some time after the concert. No one else did that. Springsteen is apparently going to do a USB wristband bootleg program to download the show shortly after the concert, or something like that. BUT this was the band that basically started the release all live shows for purchase idea.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Nugs emailed me that my Hartford replacement is on the way
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,404
    edited January 2014

Why did PJ quit using the previous company for the boots?! Nugs is a complete joke. Forget to list songs on boot packaging, ridiculous shipping delays, and now i hear there is space between songs on the Hartford boots. PJ MGT: Are you reading all these customer complaints on the forum about Nugs??? $ 16.98 and $ 17.98 for a boot is crazy to begin with...Then shipping delays....Then quality issues....And the yearly membership we pay for the privelege of dealing with this mess, which is NUGS ?!..

I have not come across these issues yet but I guess I will when I receive the boxset...if this is the case with the tracklist, gaps...that's some bullshit...

THey should reissue it on their own dime to everyone that has purchased the discs...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Thread regression
    www.cluthelee.com
  • NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    Why did PJ quit using the previous company for the boots?
    Sadly, Kufala went out of business in 2012 when it's founder, leader and my good friend Brady Lahr passed away unexpectedly.
  • Nugs emailed me that my Hartford replacement is on the way

What was wrong with your Hartford boot? Mine had no song names? My Worcester 1 had spaces inbeween the songs..anyone else find this...i wont mention the 1 month shipping wait!
    Shoes...Shoes for my friends!
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    NHiding said:

Sadly, Kufala went out of business in 2012 when it's founder, leader and my good friend Brady Lahr passed away unexpectedly.

Holy crap I did not know this. Sorry to hear.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Where Nugs off work last week? Made an order on 21st Jan but no update from them yet. Still waiting for 2 orders made on 29 Nov and 2 Dec to arrive!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Got my shipping confirmation yesterday for Worcester I and Hartford. Ordered it about a month ago
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    edited January 2014
    I got my Vault #2 and #3 yesterday which I ordered on Black Friday...
  • brookelilybrookelily Bethel Park, PA Posts: 230
    Can someone please update when they will be playing the boots on Sirius again. Just saw the schedule for 1/31 and no 2013 shows are on the schedule again. I never would have ordered that box set if I knew I wasnt getting it until summer. They played 10 shows in 6 weeks and now have 0 in the last 6 weeks. At this rate, will I even get the box set?
    8/16/92
    9/24/96, 9/28/96
    8/25/98, 9/18/98
    9/5/00
    4/26/03
    6/23/06
    10/28/09
    10/11/13, 10/12/13
    10/1/14
    9/2/18, 9/4/18
    9/18/21
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Zod said:

Wow. Yeah im not ordering anything from Nugs
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2014
    youngster said:

"Nugs will be closed for business the week of January 20th-24th in observance of Martin Luther King Jr Day. We will be re-opening on Monday January 27th just before we take our mid winter break. Thank you for you business."

Nugs.net

:)) Good one.

(pretty obvious this is a joke people - a funny one)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • LosientoLosiento Posts: 282

I take it this has nothing to do with stinky danky nugs

I was hoping.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    edited January 2014
    Zod said:

They have both of those at my local record store. If anyone else is looking for these two I would look there first.

Post edited by jervin007 on
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • CDFishCDFish Boston, MA Posts: 173
    Losiento said:

I was hoping.
    Well, I think it does have to do with dank nugs...clearly they are smoking too much, how else do you explain so many CDs being F'ed up??
    Hartford 1996; Mansfield 1&2 2000; Mansfield 3 2003; Boston 1&2 2004; Boston 1 2006; Mansfield 1 2008; Philadelphia 1 2009; Boston 2010; EV solo Providence 2011; Worcester 1 2013; Hartford 2013
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited January 2014
    CDFish said:

Losiento said:

I was hoping.

Well, I think it does have to do with dank nugs...clearly they are smoking too much, how else do you explain so many CDs being F'ed up??
    Not to mention they took a WEEK off for MLK day and then a mid-winter break. Is this the best option for PJ?
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    edited January 2014
    Just got an email stating that my defective Philly CDs will be replaced. It mentioned a recently discovered "production glitch that inserted 2 second gaps, affecting random discs." Hopefully it's been fixed for any future production. I'm obviously very pleased with this response. Glitches happen. I'm glad they're willing to fix it.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • BN8419BN8419 Posts: 290
    Glitch my ass. When the dude was sitting down on his laptop burning your CD's from the same digital files you can order, he accidentally left he little box that said "include gaps between tracks" checked.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    BN8419 said:

Glitch my ass. When the dude was sitting down on his laptop burning your CD's from the same digital files you can order, he accidentally left he little box that said "include gaps between tracks" checked.

Ha! That's exactly right. And they are printing labels and covers from home HP printers too?

I know it's easy for me to say, but why are people even ordering discs? Why not just download the FLAC and burn to your leisure? If you like coverart, well then you can easily get better art than is stock with these. I personally like having the data and instant access. I will on occasion burn cds but I quickly damage them, so burn another.

• mrussel1 said:

BN8419 said:

Ha! That's exactly right. And they are printing labels and covers from home HP printers too?

I know it's easy for me to say, but why are people even ordering discs? Why not just download the FLAC and burn to your leisure? If you like coverart, well then you can easily get better art than is stock with these. I personally like having the data and instant access. I will on occasion burn cds but I quickly damage them, so burn another.

I know it's easy for me to say but how do people quickly damage their cds? I like ordering the CDs because I don't have time to burn, catalog, etc, so having them come in ready made sleeves where I know I can take care of them and put them on iTunes at my leisure is so easy. And, I don't have to worry about losing anything or backing anything up b/c I already have the back up because it's extraordinarily easy to take care of cds and not damage them quickly or slowly.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    edited January 2014
    I don't view it as free shipping. When they charge $17 for a bootleg I see it as probably $13-14 for the boot and $3-4 for shipping. I think the pricing is reasonable for 2-3 CD sets made to order.

I'll gladly pay the price for a fast food meal for two for a quality bootleg from a show.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600

mrussel1 said:

BN8419 said:

I know it's easy for me to say but how do people quickly damage their cds? I like ordering the CDs because I don't have time to burn, catalog, etc, so having them come in ready made sleeves where I know I can take care of them and put them on iTunes at my leisure is so easy. And, I don't have to worry about losing anything or backing anything up b/c I already have the back up because it's extraordinarily easy to take care of cds and not damage them quickly or slowly.
    CD's get damaged moving from stereo to car to stereo, etc. They drop, get smudged by your kid. They get little burn marks when you are trying to re-light your roach with one hand, while loading the cd with the other, while driving with your knees.

I'm a Risk Manager by trade, so all my music (and photos, etc.) is on a primary drive, back up weekly to a secondary drive through Windows, and then at least monthly, I copy it all to an external drive that sits in a fire proof safe. I have probably 300 gb of music, so losing it would be devastating.
  • I had Gaps on my Philly 2 discs. Also Gaps on Hartford, as well as the printing error.

Emailed them today. Got a response today. Got a message saying replacements will be in the mail as early as tomorrow.

Mistakes happen, but this is what good service should be like.

Sounds like their stepping up their game.
    here for the music...
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    2 packages from Nugs arrived yesterday - one I ordered on 29th Nov and was dispatched 10th Dec, the other ordered 23rd Dec and dispatched 15th Jan. So one has taken 6 weeks to arrive and the other 2 weeks!!!!

Wonder when the one dispatched on 13th Dec arrives?!?!?

Also got email notification from Nugs that they dispatched an order last night :)
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    edited January 2014

<

I agree. When I make the cd's myself they don't turn out nearly as good. You end up using a plastic jewel case instead of the cardboard cases, my printer doesn't seem to print as good as nugs/kufala's does, and I don't have the ability to print on the discs themselves. One of my burners has lightscribe tech built into it, but it's a piss poor alternative for a printer that can print disc labels.

I'm pretty content with FLAC but I do like to collect the shows I've been to, so I always buy the cd version for those. I also bought the vaults because vault #1 was feeling lonely... lol.. I guess it all comes down to my collecting bug.

I think the 2005 and 2000 Vancouver show are the only ones I don't have official boots of. The 2000 was the last show before they started bootlegs, and the 05 one only came out in mp3. I'm still trying to find a silver pressed copy of Seattle '98 to add to my collection seeing as it's never officially been released. I got really lucky with the gorge shows. I saw Vancouver/Gorge '05 and Gorge '06. They never did cd's for those tours. Then they put out the gorge boxset which for me, was pretty kickass :)

Post edited by Zod on
  • mrussel1 said:

They get little burn marks when you are trying to re-light your roach with one hand, while loading the cd with the other, while driving with your knees.

I'm a Risk Manager by trade...

:)) :)) :))
    2003 - Santa Barbara
    2005 - Vancouver
    2006 - San Diego, Los Angeles I & II, Santa Barbara
    2008 - Mansfield II, Westwood (VH1 Honors the Who)
    2009 - Universal City III
    2013 - Los Angeles I & II
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I've got a download code for Charlotte.... have the gaps between songs been taken care of? Just wondering if I'll get a good version if I download now. Thx!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • NHiding said:

It's true that the founder of Kufala died, but about that being the reason for Pearl jam leaving Kufala, well I heard a different story.

At the start of 2013 there was awhole bunch of bootlegs put on Ebay by a different user than I used to buy my bootlegs from.
    I could order (or pay to be more exact) everything I wanted from the boots he had to offer. So I had quite intensive email contact with him. I even called him on the phone from one day. That leard me some interesting fact. Or facts? Lets say a different view.

The guy who was selling the bootlegs used to work at Kufala. He was a friend of Brady and he promised to keep Kufala going so it could be his lagacy. Another guy who also worked at Kufala made a deal with 10 club and stole the contract from under the noose of Kufala.
    What he was selling was all they had left in inventory. I even scored a 2008 box that wasn't for sale on this website any more. He had a few left and a whole lot 2008 and 2009 of boots to go with them.

It was the story he told me and it seemed real. His anger was towards that other person was very real.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn