Options

Big Day Out 2014– Aust&NZ– Pre-partys, Travel Info&Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210

bm12music said:

Hey guys
    If anyone has video of Footsetps please let me know, it was my request and I'd love to have any video footage of that magic moment!
    I hope the comment from Mike about being back sooner rather than later is true, who knows, I still remember ED saying they'd be back in a year or two in Christchurch! Seated shows in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch, now that would be sweet!

Kiwi Jammer - here you go. Thanks for getting it played!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpyEmrM7Z5I. Enjoy
    Awesome thanks! I can't get it to play at the mo but will try when I'm on a computer Cheers!
    Won't play for me either unfortunately.

Post in the Facebook pages as well kiwi jammer. Maybe someone over there got it. :-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Thanks the picture of the bright blue shirt was in the BDO facebook site. Hope they have them in Sydney :)
  • Options
    bm12musicbm12music Posts: 292

bm12music said:

Hey guys
    If anyone has video of Footsetps please let me know, it was my request and I'd love to have any video footage of that magic moment!
    I hope the comment from Mike about being back sooner rather than later is true, who knows, I still remember ED saying they'd be back in a year or two in Christchurch! Seated shows in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch, now that would be sweet!

Kiwi Jammer - here you go. Thanks for getting it played!:
    Awesome thanks! I can't get it to play at the mo but will try when I'm on a computer Cheers!
    Hmm strange - not sure what is happening with it. May have not finished processing when I posted the link. Here is the direct link youtube.com/watch?v=vpyEmrM7Z5I
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    oh wow.. that was magical.
  • Options
    Noel BNoel B Posts: 73
    JW8788 said:

So just bit the bullet and got tix for melb BDO, the gold coast set list forced me into it! I'm 8 months pregnant so hopefully the lines for the toilet ain't too bad, wish me luck people. Can't wait! :D

Good Luck. And if you have the baby at the concert and it,s a girl, you can call her pearl. :)>-
    Newcastle 19 11 2006 Sydney 22 11 2009 Eddie Vedder March 16 2011 Civic Theatre Newcastle Australia Eddie Vedder Perth 2011x2. I will stare the sundown until my eyes go blind, hey I wont change direction and I wont change my mind.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    Noel B said:

Far Out I am starting to get really really excited about sunday, so much so that I am actually tingling all over. Cant wait to hear that first note and that first word . Will probably have a multipile orgasm. Lock up your mothers Pearl Jam are coming to town. yee ha whoa yeah.

I've just made it through a fairly hectic day in work, it's raining and I'm feeling knackered...

Then Last Exit came on my ipod and I thought to myself "Holyfuckingshitballs - I'm seeing PJ on Sunday!!!" and now my day looks a whole lot brighter! :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    Noel B said:

JW8788 said:

So just bit the bullet and got tix for melb BDO, the gold coast set list forced me into it! I'm 8 months pregnant so hopefully the lines for the toilet ain't too bad, wish me luck people. Can't wait! :D

Good Luck. And if you have the baby at the concert and it,s a girl, you can call her pearl. :)>-
    Or if it is a girl or boy, you can just call the kid Big Day Out. Gender neutral and no one else will have the same name!
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    edited January 2014
    bm12music said:

bm12music said:

Hey guys

Hmm strange - not sure what is happening with it. May have not finished processing when I posted the link. Here is the direct link youtube.com/watch?v=vpyEmrM7Z5I
    Brilliant! Thank-you!
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Duncwhite said:

Hey All,

I'm heading to Melbourne BDO, did anything get organised for pre-drinks? I would be keen to meet some other Pearl Jam fans. :)

Duncwhite said:

Hey All,

I'm heading to Melbourne BDO, did anything get organised for pre-drinks? I would be keen to meet some other Pearl Jam fans. :)

Click onto page 26 of this thread , there is a post by a girl called Emm. She is trying to organise a get together for Ten Club members attending Melbourne BDO.

Newcastle 19 11 2006 Sydney 22 11 2009 Eddie Vedder March 16 2011 Civic Theatre Newcastle Australia Eddie Vedder Perth 2011x2. I will stare the sundown until my eyes go blind, hey I wont change direction and I wont change my mind.
  • Options
    bm12music said:

bm12music said:

Hey guys

Magic! Love it thanks again!
  • Options
    EmmEmm Posts: 196
    For all the Melbourne 10 club peeps there is a pre party at Young and Jackson Thursday night at 7.30 ... I haven't organised this do, its been done over a FB page but the more the merrier :)
    Breath, breathe, engulfing .... Consuming, so beautiful ... Life ...
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I'm in for Melbourne.... Late addition... Haven't been to Melbourne since I was 10... so Hopefully don't get lost
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    Hope everyone has a wonderful time at the other BDO's left to come.

Any questions, shoot me a PM.

D barrier- no bags.
    Posters come with tubes, but no end caps for the tubes.
    Cloak check available at BDO, line-up can be daunting, but usually goes quickly.
    No pass outs allowed.

Much love and Pearl Jam!
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    ADELAIDE PEEPS

Can someone please get me 6 stickers from the show.
    Please PM me!

Cheers.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    heyjoseheyjose Melbourne, Australia Posts: 503
    Melbourne pre-party info here!

https://www.facebook.com/events/784249041588632/?fref=ts

Meeting @Young and Jacksons, cnr Swanston and Flinders St, city.

7.30pm

Directly opposite Flinders St station.

Dinner and drinks (All Day Burger) at Curtin House rooftop, 252 Swanston St, 6.15pm if anyone's keen!
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• Options
    If anyone attending Adelaide BDO could get me a sticker please. I can swap you for a Sydney one. we could just mail them to each other. PM me if you can, Thank You. Peace and Love and Pearl Jam Forever. :)>-
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    So many people got to these things alone?
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    pjfan31 said:

So many people got to these things alone?

Yeh heaps, or groups of two people.

You will find other Pearl Jam fans in the crowd :)

~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    Yeah I will be attending by myself, unless I can hook up with some other Ten Club members. :(
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,699
    Noel B said:

Yeah I will be attending by myself, unless I can hook up with some other Ten Club members. :(

Just look out for Pearl Jam T-shirts and caps in the crowd, Noel. :)

• Options
    E.K said:

Noel B said:

Just look out for Pearl Jam T-shirts and caps in the crowd, Noel. :) Hopefully can meet some fellow Ten Club members the night before and arrange something for BDO. Thanks for the Idea E.K .

• Options
    low lighterlow lighter Land down under Posts: 59
    Will Do!!!
    Noel B said:

ahh ok thanks for that.... sounds like it will be far away from stage though.. i guess we can't have everything! I'm off to Sydney too. Looking like some good set lists!

Yes Auckland set list looked great. I really really really hope that they play BLACK. My favourite song of all time. If you see a bloke with purple hair, that will be me. Say hello if you see me, would be nice to meet you. :)>-
  • Options
    low lighterlow lighter Land down under Posts: 59
    OMG is the like a boss area that far back no where near the grassy area!?! bah hum bug! oh well... I'm assuming you can go between the both... not long now!
    Noel B said:

HI guys... did anyone have like a boss tickets? or did you notice where bouts the viewing areas were? i'd never been to a BDO before and sprung for them, now im concerned as last years reviews were terrible. Im hoping if they are bad i will just leave that section but this old chick is not sure if a full mosh pit i can handle anymore. Any reviews of this would be greatly appreciated :)

Click onto BDO site for Sydney, then click onto maps and times. It shows you where the Blue stage is and the Boss area.

• Options

OMG is the like a boss area that far back no where near the grassy area!?! bah hum bug! oh well... I'm assuming you can go between the both... not long now!

Noel B said:

HI guys... did anyone have like a boss tickets? or did you notice where bouts the viewing areas were? i'd never been to a BDO before and sprung for them, now im concerned as last years reviews were terrible. Im hoping if they are bad i will just leave that section but this old chick is not sure if a full mosh pit i can handle anymore. Any reviews of this would be greatly appreciated :)

Click onto BDO site for Sydney, then click onto maps and times. It shows you where the Blue stage is and the Boss area.

Two more sleeps and we will be rocking on to PJ

Noel B said:

:)>-
  • Options
    farryfarry Jakarta, Indonesia Posts: 31
    Hi all,
    Anybody knows where the band is staying in Sydney?
    Have something that needs to be delivered to the band or management.
    We from Indonesia have a signed petition for Pearl Jam to play in Indonesia.

P.s.: Excuse me for seeming like being stalky. :)
    Farry Aprianto
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    BDO 2014 Melbourne + Sydney

#BringPearlJamToIndonesia
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    Hi Farry, maybe scan and email it, post it on the forum, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc... Less 'stalky' and message may still get through :) Mx
  • Options
    Hey folks does anyone have a spare AUCKLAND STICKER you could sell me or trade for a Melbourne or Sydney?
    PM me....Cheers!
  • Options
    farryfarry Jakarta, Indonesia Posts: 31
    Dear all,

It was a blast at Big Day Out Melbourne and Sydney!
    Anybody have stickers for Auckland, Gold Coast, Adelaide and/or Perth?
    Will exchange with Melbourne and/or Sydney.
    Please PM me.
    Many thanks.
    Farry Aprianto
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    BDO 2014 Melbourne + Sydney

#BringPearlJamToIndonesia
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    BDO Sydney

Well that was my first BDO and for a festival show it was awesome. It suited me fine that the place was half empty as I could easily walk from Arcade Fire to PJ and be close to the front. I can't see there being a BDO 2015 if those numbers are anything to go by.

Myself and the wife saw some Tame Impala, Cosmic Psychos, Mudhoney, Arcade Fire & Pearl Jam. The one thing that sucked was the ridiculous bar voucher system that had me queuing for an hour to buy VOUCHERS (!!!) when beside me every bar was empty. You Aussies have the transport down. Took me an hour to get home door to door but you need an Irishman in place when it comes to knowing how to sell beer!
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Mango said:

BDO Sydney

Well that was my first BDO and for a festival show it was awesome. It suited me fine that the place was half empty as I could easily walk from Arcade Fire to PJ and be close to the front. I can't see there being a BDO 2015 if those numbers are anything to go by.

Myself and the wife saw some Tame Impala, Cosmic Psychos, Mudhoney, Arcade Fire & Pearl Jam. The one thing that sucked was the ridiculous bar voucher system that had me queuing for an hour to buy VOUCHERS (!!!) when beside me every bar was empty. You Aussies have the transport down. Took me an hour to get home door to door but you need an Irishman in place when it comes to knowing how to sell beer!

Yeah the drink ticket system sux big time!!!!
    So glad they didn't have it at Gold Coast this year.
    I assumed they had done away with it completely (for obvious reasons) but apparently not....
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25