Options

Byron Bay Rumour - EV? PJ?

So a friend is holidaying in Byron and the rumour in town today is an impromptu gig is being planned... Lets see what unfolds... PS she has been instructed to discuss Adelaide being left off the solo tour ;)
1995 • 2006 • 2009 • Adelaide
2007 • Wembley - London
2009 • Melbourne
2010 • Madison Square Garden
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Sweet

Wouldn't be hard to find that if it happens
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    Thought they'd already be in Melbourne but am very tempted 2 drive down 2 Byron just in case....
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    Please update if u hear anything more Miss Colada :D
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/pearl-jam-riding-waves-and-hanging-out-with-surfer-mates-on-australian-festival-tour/story-e6frfn29-1226807833542
    Pearl Jam riding waves and hanging out with surfer mates on Australian festival tour
    American rockers Pearl Jam are enjoying an Australian surfing safari between gigs as the 2014 Big Day Out headliners.
    Frontman Eddie Vedder, bassist Jeff Ament and guitarist Mike McCready are passionate surfers who always take the opportunity to hit the beach when they tour here.
    They are also catching up with some of their Australian pro surfer mates, with world champion Mick Fanning and former titleholder Mark Occhilupo hanging out backstage at the Gold Coast event on Sunday.
    The pair watched Pearl Jam's set from the side of stage before their rock star mate Vedder invited them to join him and share a swig from his bottle of red wine.
    Vedder told the crowd the band performed singalong anthem Better Man because it was a favourite of Occy, who the frontman described as a "sensitive man".
    Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
    End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
    He dedicated another song to "you big wave surfers out there, which in this part of the world is most of you!"
    McCready said he headed to the Gold Coast early "to surf with a mate of mine" and was revelling in the extra days off afforded by the Big Day Out schedule.
    International bands nicknamed the Australian festival the Big Day Off many years ago because the musicians enjoy a few days off between performances and a chance to relax and play tourist.
    "I am getting so much surfing, I have too much down time, I really love it," McCready said.
    Vedder, Ament and McCready are surfing their way down the coast before rejoining the tour in Melbourne, stopping off in Byron Bay on Tuesday.
    "Eddie and Jeff and I went surfing today, it was pretty gnarly," he said.
    "The older I get, the more I surf and do more stretches to get ready for the rock show."
    The Big Day Out resumes in Melbourne on Friday, heads to Sydney on Sunday and Adelaide and Perth next week.
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    edited January 2014
    An EV solo gig in Byron Bay??? Tonight or another date in the future?

Keep me posted as Byron is only an hour away from my place. :D
    Post edited by E.K on
  • Options
    Well my understanding is tonight? She's not a fan but sent me a message this afternoon when she heard all the talk... I was surprised thinking they would be in melbourne already. Any locals on the board?
    1995 • 2006 • 2009 • Adelaide
    2007 • Wembley - London
    2009 • Melbourne
    2010 • Madison Square Garden
  • Options
    I suppose we'll hear about it tomorrow if it's true then. I would have thought they would be in Melbourne by now too.

I saw an interview PJ did a couple of weeks ago where they mentioned Byron Bay as one of their favourite places in Australia. Also someone I know saw PJ get picked up in vans from GC airport on Saturday and noticed the plates were NSW ones, so maybe they have all been staying in Byron since then?

B-)
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Like other Posters have said thought that they would of already been in Melbourne now
  • Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,786
    redraw said:

Thought they'd already be in Melbourne but am very tempted 2 drive down 2 Byron just in case....

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    Stone is a tennis fan he'll be in Melbourne watching the Aussie open
  • Options
    Checked the local papers online .. no mention of anything last night in Byron Bay