Options

The Dead Poets Society

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
I don't know if the film "Dead Poets Society" has been mentioned here before but I'm throwing this out just in case it hasn't- it's one of my all time favorite movies.

Watching that movie always inspires me to live fully. I'm always grateful for the reminder: Carpe diem.

And of course, the film says so much about poetry. For me and I'm sure for many of you, poetry, like all the arts, is more than just noodling. Poetry is the story of our lives, the marrow in our bones, the songs we sing, whisper or scream. Poetry is flesh on paper. It is the rhythm of life and the marker on our grave. It's messages are carried on the air endlessly.
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Options
    CallItBehaviorCallItBehavior Posts: 68
    edited January 2014
    Seize the day boys!

Seize
    the
    day!!!!
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    we all can contribute a verse.

what will yours say?

love this movie so much.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Jason78Jason78 Posts: 400
    I think you just wrote one brianlux.
    But yeah I agree totally.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    Jason78 said:

I think you just wrote one brianlux.
    But yeah I agree totally.

That's nice of you to say, Jason78. That movie is so powerful for me that whenever I watch it I think in poetic terms for a while. Beyond that, what I get most out of it is the reminder to keep going strong, to not waste my time, to hack rather than pack (thank you, Henry Rollins).

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.