Options

Big Day Out 2014– Aust&NZ– Pre-partys, Travel Info&Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    Noel BNoel B Posts: 73

Noel B said:

Mango said:

Why not come into the city and we can have some drinks around the iconic spots of Sydney? A hotel is just a hotel. Bit stale no? I'm thinking late afternoon so it gives people (like you) plenty of time to get back to base if you want.

Thoughts?

The novotel has several bars and bistro restaurant, with live music, so I will probably just hang there I think. Mate I am 54 with back and neck injuries, too old and sore for running around the city like I used to. I will be full of pain killers , just to make Pearl Jam.
    :-c
    i hear your pain i have an ailing body and will be on pain relief to make it through the day
    Maybe we should meet up and have a pain killer party. I have some good all natural pain relief. :))
    Newcastle 19 11 2006 Sydney 22 11 2009 Eddie Vedder March 16 2011 Civic Theatre Newcastle Australia Eddie Vedder Perth 2011x2. I will stare the sundown until my eyes go blind, hey I wont change direction and I wont change my mind.
  • Options
    ItsOKayeItsOKaye Posts: 191
    Melbourne for me
    Im so happy with my righteous self..
  • Options
    EmmEmm Posts: 196

Noel B said:

Mango said:

Why not come into the city and we can have some drinks around the iconic spots of Sydney? A hotel is just a hotel. Bit stale no? I'm thinking late afternoon so it gives people (like you) plenty of time to get back to base if you want.

Thoughts?

The novotel has several bars and bistro restaurant, with live music, so I will probably just hang there I think. Mate I am 54 with back and neck injuries, too old and sore for running around the city like I used to. I will be full of pain killers , just to make Pearl Jam.
    i hear your pain i have an ailing body and will be on pain relief to make it through the day
    You both sound like old men! LOL ... suck it up boys! :P
    Breath, breathe, engulfing .... Consuming, so beautiful ... Life ...
  • Options
    Hello fellow 10-clubbers. I don't frequent on here much, but I just wanted to say, if there hasn't been a pre-party/get-together organised for Adelaide, can I suggest the Wheatsheaf Hotel in Thebarton. It is an awesome little pub about 10 minutes walk from the BDO site at Bonython Park, so you can listen to sound-check on the Thursday night, and then head down. Address is 39 George St.
    "this is such a happening tail-pipe of a party"

Adelaide 98; Adelaide 03; Melbourne 03 #2; Brisbane 06 #2; Adelaide 06 #1 & #2; Perth 06; Adelaide 09; Melbourne 09; Gold Coast BDO 14; Adelaide BDO 14
    EV Aus 2011: Adelaide #1 & #2; Canberra
  • Options
    so tomorrow pearl jam play bdo out goldie. its gonna be epic.the wait is almost over
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Auckland was fab! They came on a bit late & then had to finish pretty well on time because all the gear & stage had to be on a transporter plane at 3am to get to Gold Coast. Anyway show was great of course! :-D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    morello said:

Auckland was fab! They came on a bit late & then had to finish pretty well on time because all the gear & stage had to be on a transporter plane at 3am to get to Gold Coast. Anyway show was great of course! :-D

Hanging the bird and globes will be a massive job in itself, in short time will not be nice. No band sound check for GC.

Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    Emm said:

Noel B said:

Mango said:

Thoughts?

You both sound like old men! LOL ... suck it up boys! :P
    I am an old man, who loves Pearl Jam, and I,ll be rocking the best that I can, and I,ll be taking what ever it takes, to get me through that BDO gate, it will be pain pain go away and come back another day, cause Pearl Jam are coming to play, and only death could keep me away, but I,m still Alive and I,ll be rolling on Australia Day, cause these boys touch me spiritually, what more can I say. Might need a massage after the gig though. \m/ :-c :P
    Newcastle 19 11 2006 Sydney 22 11 2009 Eddie Vedder March 16 2011 Civic Theatre Newcastle Australia Eddie Vedder Perth 2011x2. I will stare the sundown until my eyes go blind, hey I wont change direction and I wont change my mind.
  • Options
    Noel B said:

Noel B said:

Mango said:

Thoughts?

Maybe we should meet up and have a pain killer party. I have some good all natural pain relief. :))
    haha sounds good I have a lot of foot/ankle pain from previous medical problems and surgery etc, dont like being on my feet for too long but will do it for pearl jam. I ll keep it in mind about catching up, im staying wtih at mate so itll depend what he s got planned he my wanna go to his local or just stay home and get drunk there.
  • Options
    farryfarry Jakarta, Indonesia Posts: 31
    Dear those who attended NZ,

What Pearl Jam merch are available for grab? Can you please post pic? Thanks.
    Farry Aprianto
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    BDO 2014 Melbourne + Sydney

#BringPearlJamToIndonesia
  • Options
    I took a pic of the pj merch. I'll put it up as soon as I'm recovered enough to suss such things.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    so i have a fucked up ankle gives me a lot of pain I can walk around unaided but using a crutch/es definitely helps me. Im thinking about using it at bdo . do you think security will be dicks if im using a crutchand refuse me entery or say im going to use it as a weapon?
  • Options
    photo 20140117_151721.jpg
    The blue women's singlets only go up to a size 12 & it's TINY. The black one with the sticker image on it is Auckland specific obviously with just the Ak sticker image on it. There weer the stickers & koozies(? I think that's what you clal them. Beer can holder things) & a cap. The black t-shirt with the lightning bolt image on the front says "Australia tour" above "Pearl..." on the back so yeah, I didn't buy that one. B-) Anyway, pretty cool merch I thought. :)
    <hr>
  • Options
    thanks for the pic
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Merch looks awesome.
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    beware though - they didn't put all the merch out at the same time. i only managed to get a poster because i happened to see one much later than i initially checked. otherwise i wouldn't have bothered. I never saw the stickers.

and they don't let bags into the D. plan accordingly.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    There was definitely a significant sick because by 6 there was still stuff being sold, t shirts, stickers, & hats. I didn't notice posters, but I wasn't looking.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options

so i have a fucked up ankle gives me a lot of pain I can walk around unaided but using a crutch/es definitely helps me. Im thinking about using it at bdo . do you think security will be dicks if im using a crutchand refuse me entery or say im going to use it as a weapon?

Hey bro click on this site and ask them if you can bring your crutches in with you. I wouldn,t think they would class a crutch as a weapon, I think they mean knives and guns and knuckle dusters and the like. The site is info@bigdayout.com . Best of luck.

• Options
    cheers i already looked at that site and sent an email i wont get a reply before tomorrows bdo. we all know im not going to use it as a weapon, but if security wanna be dicks about then that could cause issues. thanks
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I have found that taking a pain pill (I use OTC pain reliever) about an hour before the show makes the experience less painful during, but the next day you will feel it.

and for the record I'm not an old man. I'm just an American with no health insurance. O:-)
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    24hrs to go, to gold coast
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    I have a feeling I won't be able to walk tomorrow. The pit crush leg pain tends to hit 2 days later. LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

I have found that taking a pain pill (I use OTC pain reliever) about an hour before the show makes the experience less painful during, but the next day you will feel it.

and for the record I'm not an old man. I'm just an American with no health insurance. O:-)

i need to find out more about this when i meet you, thanks

• Options

ldent42 said:

i need to find out more about this when i meet you, thanks

A six pack of endone and a couple of valium a few joints and heaps of grog should see you right ledbetter.

B-)
  • Options
    loffy81loffy81 Posts: 153
    gold coast was amazing, what a night! any news on a melbourne pre-party, would love to get together with some ten clubbers for a drink the night before
  • Options
    low lighterlow lighter Land down under Posts: 59
    HI guys... did anyone have like a boss tickets? or did you notice where bouts the viewing areas were? i'd never been to a BDO before and sprung for them, now im concerned as last years reviews were terrible. Im hoping if they are bad i will just leave that section but this old chick is not sure if a full mosh pit i can handle anymore. Any reviews of this would be greatly appreciated :)
  • Options

HI guys... did anyone have like a boss tickets? or did you notice where bouts the viewing areas were? i'd never been to a BDO before and sprung for them, now im concerned as last years reviews were terrible. Im hoping if they are bad i will just leave that section but this old chick is not sure if a full mosh pit i can handle anymore. Any reviews of this would be greatly appreciated :)

I have a Boss ticket for Sydney. I enquired if they have seating in the boss area , as I have back and neck injuries. They said that there is seating in the stands. That,s why I bought a boss ticket , Because I am too old and wounded to handle a day in the mosh pit.
    :)>-
  • Options
    low lighterlow lighter Land down under Posts: 59
    ahh ok thanks for that.... sounds like it will be far away from stage though.. i guess we can't have everything! I'm off to Sydney too. Looking like some good set lists!
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    At GC, the like a boss side was actually close to the Arcade Fire stage, and still a fair way back as well. I know they were probably limited were they could put it due to being in a stadium, but I would have been disappointed if I had bought them. Although, completely understand having them for health/ body issues
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    jack cameronjack cameron Sydney Posts: 340
    Sooooo no one is meeting for a Sydney Pre-show drink somewhere besides the Novotel or "somewhere" in the city?
    It's been years between Australian shows.. let meet up!
    I'm hardly on here, and have not met many of your Ten Clubbers, so lets meet up and have some fun!!!
    Pearl Jam: 11/02/03 • 13/02/03 • 18/02/03 • 07/11/06 • 13/11/06 • 16/11/06 • 18/11/06 • 19/11/06 • 20/11/09 • 22/11/09 • 26/01/14
    Eddie Vedder: 15/03/11 • 16/03/11 • 18/03/11 • 19/03/11 • 11/02/14 • 12/02/14