Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007

do this,do that,try this,try that,did u do that,what bronzer you use,what mobile,cant log in,cant find this,cant find that,where is this,where is that,anyone know thiw,know that..
    in other words..what the hell they was thinkng...

Haha...So True

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    This forum is kinda like my wife's mom's overzealous dog...it keeps on trying to be cute and sniff my crotch. its uncomfortable so I keep pushing her away. But she's a dog and she's here to stay and I cant always stay away from my wife's mom's house.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    PJ_Soul said:

i just wish i could have been a fly on the wall when 10c decided to make all of the changes.

Ha! Me too!
    and by that, i didn't mean "just" the board. :)

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    edited January 2014
    Is it just me or did the dividing lines in between every ones post get thicker/darker?

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    oysterjar said:

Is it just me or did the dividing lines in between every ones post get thicker/darker?

they did.
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235

oysterjar said:

they did.
    Well that is an improvement, maybe they are starting to make some of the changes we requested.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    is it me or do certain threads not bump when you post to them?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542

is it me or do certain threads not bump when you post to them?

I haven't noticed that, although I've THOUGHT it was happening a few times just because it's harder to find posts in this mess.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    twisted thoughtstwisted thoughts Posts: 4,374
    edited January 2014
    So, you click recent discussions and it should, essentially, list threads with most recent posts in descending order. So why does it not work that way? Sure, it looks like it does, First 4 or so are today, next is yesterday, and then a few the day before that... but when you scroll half way down the page, after a thread that says it was last posted in in November, there are more recent posts from today.

Also, I kind of like how my email inbox is not flooded w/ thread updates anymore, but I wish the Notifications only showed one notification per thread. Not one for each post. It gets confusing to figure out where you left off. Before you'd get one email when there was one new post in a thread and nothing again until after your next visit. Notifications should be the same. X Post(s) in topic since you were last there.... That is all. Not 8 million different notifications, 1 for each post.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 946

So, you click recent discussions and it should, essentially, list threads with most recent posts in descending order. So why does it not work that way? Sure, it looks like it does, First 4 or so are today, next is yesterday, and then a few the day before that... but when you scroll half way down the page, after a thread that says it was last posted in in November, there are more recent posts from today.

It seems to work fine for me. It does show all announcements from all forums so that may be what you are seeing. When you go into recent discussions, you can click the little wheel icon next to the thread name to remove from that view
  • Options

Also, I kind of like how my email inbox is not flooded w/ thread updates anymore, but I wish the Notifications only showed one notification per thread. Not one for each post. It gets confusing to figure out where you left off. Before you'd get one email when there was one new post in a thread and nothing again until after your next visit. Notifications should be the same. X Post(s) in topic since you were last there.... That is all. Not 8 million different notifications, 1 for each post.

I want it back the old way so badly! I HATE the endless notifications! Notifications are fantastic, but having one per post basically renders the feature useless.
    :-w
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

It seems to work fine for me. It does show all announcements from all forums so that may be what you are seeing. When you go into recent discussions, you can click the little wheel icon next to the thread name to remove from that view
    Thanks. That makes sense, I guess... It would make more sense if it just listed them in order of recent activity. Fanview threads of past shows aren't really announcements... which is pretty much taking up half the page.

Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 946

Thanks. That makes sense, I guess... It would make more sense if it just listed them in order of recent activity. Fanview threads of past shows aren't really announcements... which is pretty much taking up half the page.

I agree, but after doing this they will only show up when there really is a recent post.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited January 2014
    I'm not getting the tag thing. What is its intended use? I clicked on one to see what the hubbub was and it was pointless. And how is something with one "tag" considered popular? That whole thing makes no sense (to me) and takes up yet more space.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    hedonist said:

I'm not getting the tag thing. What is its intended use? I clicked on one to see what the hubbub was and it was pointless. And how is something with one "tag" considered popular? That whole thing makes no sense (to me) and takes up yet more space.

Yeah, I don't get it either.
    That part doesn't even show up with the altered layout with the fix posted earlier though.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    The worst part is i dont expect anything to change or fixed..what lost is lost and you can edit your birthday so u see it in case you forgot it.and edit your post for ever instead of an hour(even sometimes says'edited from unknown user..lol)..thats all folks..deal with it..at some point you all get tired to complain...

The thing they still dont understand at the club isnt a change that has to do with one thing per year like a change of a method of selling tix or sell a limited merch..u missed a sale and u move on..or therw is a mess with on of your orders .ok.you sent a couple of emails and sent u another copy or refound..or u cant log in once per year and the tech guy will fix it..
    Its daily happy habit for so many people to come to the forum and they destroy that feeling with all this mess..thats why they whole complains.

Makes me sad cos i love this place..and i come here post at the same 2-3 threads at porch.
    Bumping some others cos i cant find them after left them for days cos search doesnt work and cant read shit of the rest of the forum cos is like staring at the sun and alot things doesnt working.and i just close the window...

At least i can see my visits...is like someone remind me how many pills i took to handle this unfriendly ,ugly categories board..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,687
    Not a fan of the new forum. Very messy to look at. Not user friendly at all. I'm sure this has been covered.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721

do this,do that,try this,try that,did u do that,what bronzer you use,what mobile,cant log in,cant find this,cant find that,where is this,where is that,anyone know thiw,know that..

Spot on dimitris. Spot on. Here in the US we call this a "clusterfuck".

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    brianlux said:

Yeah..im learning slowly about it..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

brianlux said:

Yeah..im learning slowly about it..
    All good things come to an end...
    Maybe the 10 club just did some of us a HUGE favor.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    edited January 2014
    While I appreciate the lines between posts getting darker (so, proof that they are trying), it's not enough ... needs to be a bit more delineation between posts. Also what would help, limit the size of people's signatures ... there is someone on this board rocking a huge pic and a gif ... each one of their posts takes up half my screen. And let's not get into when they post multiple times in the same page. @-)

I'm sure this has all been mentioned earlier in this thread, but ... the search function is still not working either.

Here's hoping for more improvements.

This all said, I'd gladly give them all up for Ten Club Radio to stop cutting out every 5 minutes.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    jimed14 said:

While I appreciate the lines between posts getting darker (so, proof that they are trying), it's not enough ... needs to be a bit more delineation between posts. Also what would help, limit the size of people's signatures ... there is someone on this board rocking a huge pic and a gif ... each one of their posts takes up half my screen. And let's not get into when they post multiple times in the same page. @-)

I'm sure this has all been mentioned earlier in this thread, but ... the search function is still not working either.

This all said, I'd gladly give them all up for Ten Club Radio to stop cutting out every 5 minutes.

I totally agree, especially about the lines, jimed14. Something as simple as boxes around the posts would help delineate them. Changes the light blue to a more eye-friendly color would tone down the glare.

Fix fix fix, patch patch patch. Why this site was made with so many adjustments required to make it readable in the first place is beyond me. Did someone actually get paid to design this thing or did somebody's kid get to make this up for their school project? Ridiculous.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,061
    edited January 2014
    brianlux said:

jimed14 said:

I totally agree, especially about the lines, jimed14. Something as simple as boxes around the posts would help delineate them. Changes the light blue to a more eye-friendly color would tone down the glare.

Fix fix fix, patch patch patch. Why this site was made with so many adjustments required to make it readable in the first place is beyond me. Did someone actually get paid to design this thing or did somebody's kid get to make this up for their school project? Ridiculous.

Whats amazing is how bad it looks and reads compared to the old forum. I've accepted this is whats its gonna be now, but my enjoyment of this forum has dropped dramatically. Nobody can actually think this looks better can they?? I agree about the lines. Why not clean boxes like the old forum? This just all seems so messy. Im having a very difficult time finding any threads I wanna look at simply because it now seems like too much work just to figure out where posts/threads start and end. I know its not that hard, but should be much clearer than it is.

I just hope they keep trying to improve this new look. Surely 10c must be reading some of our concerns and working on them…right? Ive never seen such a universal agreement amongst this community about a subject. This must be noticed and addressed by the 10c. Especially when some of the most frequent posters/regulars are unhappy. Not to mention many of these members are ones I've rarely if ever seen complain. Myself included. Ive always defended 10c and DO think they do an incredible job which is what has made me always wanna come back to the forum. It felt so different and better than any other social media I'd seen. Oh well, enough rambling. Hope it gets better.
    Post edited by Abe Froman on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    jimed14 said:

You mean this option?

http://community.pearljam.com/profile/signature

Thank god for this option. But it only works if you are logged into your account. I wish the new board abolishes all sigs altogether cause it totally doesn't look good when viewing the message board, if you are not logged in and have these options disabled. Certain signatures have embed YouTube video clips & big ass photos that take up half the screen.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,521
    edited January 2014
    demetrios said:

jimed14 said:

You mean this option?

No, that would be the signature option.

He was talking about the search function at the top of the page.

http://community.pearljam.com/search?Search=
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:

demetrios said:

jimed14 said:

You mean this option?

No, that would be the signature option.

He was talking about the search function at the top of the page.

http://community.pearljam.com/search?Search=
    I can hardly believe that the search function hasn't been fixed yet. It's pretty important!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    The email notifications are now going out on a delay it seems, by quite a bit - just got an email for a post made 45 minutes ago.... I'm hoping this means they are fucking around with the function in an effort to stop us from getting an email for every single post!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    They aren't showing up at all anymore.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I am getting less email notifications, and that is helping a lot. However, I still don't have much desire to come here, and it was a place I loved.
    "A beacon on dry land"