Big Day Out 2014– Aust&NZ– Pre-partys, Travel Info&Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    belinda27belinda27 Posts: 731
    Noel B said:

Noel B" said:
    [quote="E.K"][quote="Princess Bulldozer"]IMPORTANT

All Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide people!

Need someone to pick a venue for a get together on the night before each BDO in that city.

Cheers.
    Yes come on people. Where are the pre-parties for these cities???[/quote]
    I am staying at the Novotel motel which is just up the road from the venue. It has a couple of bars ,would be a good spot for a Ten Club get together. I think the day of the BDO would be best for a get together as some members might only be in town for that day and would miss out. But in saying that, we could have one the night before, one on the day of the BDO and an after party. ;)[/quote]
    Some of you members might remember me from Ed pre show in Newcastle 2011. I was the man with the purple hair. And it will be purple again for BDO. So I wont be hard to recognise. So come on PJ brothers and Sistas lets get together and share some of the PJ Family Love and Friendship before the show. It might be the only chance we get to see each other for a long time . Peace and Love to all. Hear The Sirens.
    I will be up for it!! staying at the Novatel aswell

\m/
  • Options
    Noel BNoel B Posts: 73
    belinda27 said:

Noel B said:

Noel B" said:

Need someone to pick a venue for a get together on the night before each BDO in that city.

Cheers.
    I am staying at the Novotel motel which is just up the road from the venue. It has a couple of bars ,would be a good spot for a Ten Club get together. I think the day of the BDO would be best for a get together as some members might only be in town for that day and would miss out. But in saying that, we could have one the night before, one on the day of the BDO and an after party. ;)[/quote]
    Some of you members might remember me from Ed pre show in Newcastle 2011. I was the man with the purple hair. And it will be purple again for BDO. So I wont be hard to recognise. So come on PJ brothers and Sistas lets get together and share some of the PJ Family Love and Friendship before the show. It might be the only chance we get to see each other for a long time . Peace and Love to all. Hear The Sirens.

\m/
    belinda27 said:

Noel B said:

Noel B" said:

Cheers.

\m/
    You beauty someone to have a drink with. Look forward to meeting you Belinda. I will be at the Novatel for 3 nights from the 25th.
    :)>-
    Newcastle 19 11 2006 Sydney 22 11 2009 Eddie Vedder March 16 2011 Civic Theatre Newcastle Australia Eddie Vedder Perth 2011x2. I will stare the sundown until my eyes go blind, hey I wont change direction and I wont change my mind.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

ldent42 said:

Tell me about it. I took the ferry to Stewart island the other day in the rain with the wind going nuts. I nearly got sick, & I've never ever ever had sea sickness before!
    Lady in a shop just told me it's normally 30 degrees around this time, go figure.

Are you coming up to the Far North? The heat is INSANE up here right now. I checked the temperature outside yesterday, it was 60 degrees in my garden !

No, it doesn't look like I'm going to make it any further north than Auckland. I'm in Queenstown now, stopping overnight in lake tekapo tomorrow before heading to Christchurch. Then a couple nights in Wellington & rotorua before heading back to Auckland got BDO!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    WELLINGTON! WHOO!!!!!
  • Options
    PrimalPrimal Posts: 41
    Hope the weather improves here in Wellington before you arrive
  • Options
    You can never expect good weather in welly. Just prepare to love her for her other qualities.
  • Options
    PrimalPrimal Posts: 41
    doom_pony said:

You can never expect good weather in welly. Just prepare to love her for her other qualities.

Wind?
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Primal said:

doom_pony said:

Definitely not !
    Wind?
  • Options
    arent we suppose to be getting bdo timetable soon, would be nice hey since goldie is like 12 days away
  • Options
    Hawk JamHawk Jam Melbourne, Australia Posts: 121

arent we suppose to be getting bdo timetable soon, would be nice hey since goldie is like 12 days away

I hope so, this is really annoying, I keep checking their website, I need to plan, and I'm nervous about what to do with merchandise.

• Options
    i'm lucky i guess in that my friend is 5 months pregnant and has dubbed herself bag lady.. so if i buy anything she can hold it while i go frolick in the crowd!
  • Options
    Primal said:

doom_pony said:

Wind?
    ...she's more than just a pretty face you know.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    BDO stage set up has started at Western Springs! :-D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    do we know if snoop is going to be on the main stage or is it likely that arcade fire will be followed by pearl jam?

the above is what i would like. please. i don't wanna have to stand through snoop.
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    I'd so much rather watch Snoop than Arcade Fire.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I am only going to be in Wellington for one full Saturday. I'm arriving pretty late at night Friday and shipping out pretty early in the morning on Sunday.
    Btw does anyone happen to know off hand what air nz's restriction on liquids is?

If I buy anything at these shows I'm gonna have to buy a bigger suitcase :-\
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Spencer said:

I'd so much rather watch Snoop than Arcade Fire.

I'd rather see 2004 arcade fire but that ain't gonna happen.
  • Options
    17 more days till Melbourne

Can't wait!!!
  • Options
    farryfarry Jakarta, Indonesia Posts: 31
    Still no fixed pre-party for Melbourne & Sydney?
    Farry Aprianto
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    BDO 2014 Melbourne + Sydney

#BringPearlJamToIndonesia
  • Options
    B-RockB-Rock Posts: 149
    Too tired to check the comments, but any news on Melbourne pre-party? I arrive by myself on the 23rd so something to do would be nice!
    Sydney 8-11-06, 18-11-06; Melbourne 20-11-09, Sydney 22-11-09, Manchester 20-06-12, 21-06-12
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Any updates on timetable and maps????
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    doom_pony said:

do we know if snoop is going to be on the main stage or is it likely that arcade fire will be followed by pearl jam?

the above is what i would like. please. i don't wanna have to stand through snoop.

It's like all the other BDOs (except maybe last time). Two main stages at the front of the main field (Tui and Kowhai). Pretty sure the order is going to be: Snoop Lion -> Arcade Fire -> Pearl Jam which means Snoop will be on the same stage as PJ with Arcade Fire in between on the other stage.

We'll know for sure when the timetables come out (whenever that is!).
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    And Im pretty sure Bliss n Esso are on at 7pm (could vary) on one of 2 main stages.

Seems a little late for me though if there are a couple of others acts in between them and PJ
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    EmmEmm Posts: 196
    Time tables are up! ... pretty happy with how Melb looks to :D
    Breath, breathe, engulfing .... Consuming, so beautiful ... Life ...
  • Options
    PS Anyone interested in some Sydney Like a Boss tickets for UNDER face value/good discount?.

If I get no response Ill put em on EGay.

Cheers

• Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    edited January 2014
    Emm said:

Just saw the Sydney one is up too. Getting so close

• Options
    Emm said:

Whoops my bad....at least I was right with the times re Bliss n Eso

• Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Too many clashes for me - Damn!! Only about 4 bands I really want to see, and Vista Chino is on right before PJ at a stage ages away. Oh well - I'm there to see PJ, don't care what else happens
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    bazzer said:

doom_pony said:

It's like all the other BDOs (except maybe last time). Two main stages at the front of the main field (Tui and Kowhai). Pretty sure the order is going to be: Snoop Lion -> Arcade Fire -> Pearl Jam which means Snoop will be on the same stage as PJ with Arcade Fire in between on the other stage.

We'll know for sure when the timetables come out (whenever that is!).
    ehh.. close.. not snoop, beady eye. i'd rather chew on a dead wasp than watch liam gallagher, but if it means being up front for PJ...

7.45 til 10pm. hope they go late:)

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,309
    Gold Coast:

Melbourne:

Sydney:

Adelaide:

Perth:
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)