I don't like this new message board

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    edited January 2014
    At least they made the change a few weeks before my membership renews. 10C, you have until 1/20/14 to get your poop together.

edit: I have 52 minutes left to edit
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I hate this so much
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    This is worse than the time the raccoon got in the copier
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Yeah, this sucks....
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Signatures off helps.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    mca47 said:

Signatures off helps.

go back to the previous forum style will help more!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    imalive said:

reminds me of a forum I might find if I was looking for advice on how to fix my lawn mower...

I suggest you remove the gas tank and carburetor and clean them. Possibly put in a new spark plug and some fresh gas. Happy mowing!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    One thing, mobile is easy to navigate , BUT its so goddamn white!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    mickeyrat said:

One thing, mobile is easy to navigate , BUT its so goddamn white!

The white is like migraine-inducing. Hate it.
  • ShortyShorty Ontario Posts: 1,160
    Will I get my custom folders back? I was using different folders to manage communications - now all those emails are just dropped into my inbox. A warning this was coming and what the outcome would be, would have been nice - did I miss it?
    Your Disciples Are Riddled With Metaphors.

08/21/2009: Toronto, ON
    09/11/2011: Toronto, ON
    07/16/2013: London, ON
    10/12/2013: Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014: Detroit, MI
    05/08/2016: Ottawa, ON
    05/10/2016: Toronto, ON
    05/12/2016: Toronto, ON
    08/20/2016: Chicago, IL
    08/22/2016: Chicago, IL
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Shorty said:

Will I get my custom folders back? I was using different folders to manage communications - now all those emails are just dropped into my inbox. A warning this was coming and what the outcome would be, would have been nice - did I miss it?

no u didnt miss it..they just throw this nightmare ands we lost all
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    Kat posted a thread yesterday announcing it.
  • don smithdon smith Posts: 833
    this is not easier. it sucks
    06/12/03,06/13/03
    10-05-04 09-09-05
    05-16-06-5-17-06-5-19-06,06-26-06-06-27-06 05-03-10 09-04-11
    07/19/13 11-15-13
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i made the letters bigger. im at 150% erect
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Why did they do this? Did they do it because this takes up less space?
    Why, why, why?
    The suggestion that they could have looked for users input is just spot on.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

RKCNDY said:

Don't like it at all. The print is way too small and it's hard to differentiate the posts from signatures.

Turning off signatures helps. Click on the cogwheel by your name on the upper left menu.
    Select preferences
    Go to signatures section
    Click all the boxes, then click save
    ta-Dah!
    I turned sigs off, and it seems to help a lot with the appearance and flow. With sigs on, its hard to tell where a post starts and ends. I read two or three sigs earlier thinking "This person is taking some whacko shit"
    (facepalm, I dont know where the facepalm guy is)
    Believe it or not, this is supposed to be facepalm guy: #-o

Just save this URL and use it instead. http://ourdollcommunity.com/forum/chat/img/emoticons/facepalm.gif
    image He's a little slower on the draw I think, and fuzzy around the edges, but still better than Mr. Ibumpedmyhead. I can't live without facepalm guy. :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    Jason P said:

This is worse than the time the raccoon got in the copier

smells like bigfoot's dick.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    http://community.pearljam.com/activity?Page=p2&

the activity page is kinda creepy
    did you see me? i saw you.
    ok, its official, this board sucks. According to my GF. she says it hurts her eyes its too busy and everything everybody HERE doesnt like about it, she doesnt like either. L-)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • don smithdon smith Posts: 833
    kat,
    this system sucks! just sayin
    06/12/03,06/13/03
    10-05-04 09-09-05
    05-16-06-5-17-06-5-19-06,06-26-06-06-27-06 05-03-10 09-04-11
    07/19/13 11-15-13
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    :(|)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I figured it out. It's all in the numbers. All of this started on 5th day of the week, 1/2/14. 5 minus 1 equals 4 and 2 minus 1 gives you 1 which leads us to: 4/1/14 APRIL FOOLS! It's all gonna go back to normal tomorrow. But for now, it sucks! I'm outa here.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    How do you edit a thread you've started???? And more importantly, WHY on God's green earth is this layout looking like effin facebook?!! Are the people who are creating the terrible tour posters responsible for this new board layout???!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • LosientoLosiento Posts: 282
    edited January 2014
    imalive said:

Jason P said:

I thought the forum format they used in 2004 seemed to work better then anything else since then. Maybe the answer lies in the past, not the future.

profound.

^^^hilarious^^^

like it and will keep pearl jam given avatar

for me, when the board change it means we are all just doin' the evolution with PJ
    Post edited by Losiento on
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    Losiento said:

imalive said:

Jason P said:

I thought the forum format they used in 2004 seemed to work better then anything else since then. Maybe the answer lies in the past, not the future.

profound.

^^^hilarious^^^

for me, when the board change it means we are all just doin' the evolution with PJ

it is a evolution

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:

Losiento said:

imalive said:

Jason P said:

profound.

^^^hilarious^^^

it is a Devolution

fixed that for you Chad

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    the new board gives me a headache. i've only used it on my iPhone & this is the 1st time I've used it on my laptop....not a fan.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    mfc2006 said:

the new board gives me a headache. i've only used it on my iPhone & this is the 1st time I've used it on my laptop....not a fan.

Yeah it's pretty rough. I turned off signatures which helped a little bit, but still not liking it. The print is WAY too small and the white background is awful.
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    First time on here in awhile this is just dreadful. I gather they don't want you on here for hours with all this white or maybe a primal new found way to put one to sleep.

It took me forever just to figure out how where to post this message.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    Even with glasses on, the text is FAR too small on the computer. It's painful to read it.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&