Options

LIGHTNING BOLT "SEVENS" BOX SET PRESALE - HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Comments

• Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Very weird that the track list is not in order like the album release ...

WEaxVZv.jpg?1

This is the most random release ever

It just doesn't make any sense

it WOULD have made sense if this version had been the tenclub version of the vinyl... you know, one that is actually somewhat different from the main release?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    Wonder how long it will take to arrive in Canada. :corn:
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    Wonder how long it will take to arrive in Canada. :corn:

I'm gonna guess and say the first week of February. Once we find out the first packages arriving in Europe, add another 2 weeks till it get's here to Canada.
  • Options
    If I hadn't been such a fool and ordered it when I had the chance, I would definitely spin it when it arrived!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    It's not the color, it's the fact there are only 100. For reference, Benaroya Hall was limited to approximately 2000 copies. You're obviously not a collector, all good but don't bitch if you don't know the particulars. It used to sell for close to $800. $300 is a great price for it. It came down a bit cause TC released the remainder of the 100 singles.

P.S. They were $80 at the TC pop-up shop...
    my2hands wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Why are there no pics of the actual vinyl? Oh wait, that's right, people buy stuff and leave it wrapped :x.

Pearl Jam fans completely over value vinyl for some reason... and they WAY overvalue colored vinyl... as well as anything labeled "LIMITED EDITION" lol... i just saw the fixer blue vinyl go for $300 on ebay... $300 for a 7" of a song that fucking sucks, just because it is blue? come on folks, that is ridiculous :roll:
  • Options
    Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!
  • Options
    Isn't it weird that it's already Tuesday and only one Sevens Box Set has been accounted for? The one in Portland who received this on a Sunday. :shock:
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    It's not the color, it's the fact there are only 100. For reference, Benaroya Hall was limited to approximately 2000 copies. You're obviously not a collector, all good but don't bitch if you don't know the particulars. It used to sell for close to $800. $300 is a great price for it. It came down a bit cause TC released the remainder of the 100 singles.

P.S. They were $80 at the TC pop-up shop...
    my2hands wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Why are there no pics of the actual vinyl? Oh wait, that's right, people buy stuff and leave it wrapped :x.

Pearl Jam fans completely over value vinyl for some reason... and they WAY overvalue colored vinyl... as well as anything labeled "LIMITED EDITION" lol... i just saw the fixer blue vinyl go for $300 on ebay... $300 for a 7" of a song that fucking sucks, just because it is blue? come on folks, that is ridiculous :roll:

I understand collecting quite well thank you, it is really not that complicated.... But I don't care if there was only one blue fixer single in the entire world, it shouldn't be $300... The funny thing is the person who bought it will NEVER spin it, which is what it is designed and built for... When you have a limited and rare piece of art, you frame it and hang it, when you have a classic old restored car you take it out of the garage once in a while for a spin... But pearl jam fans, once they get their hands on some limited vinyl, that shit NEVER even gets opened, let alone played... And for the record, I am not bitching, just pointing out how silly some of you "collectors" are...

Pretty lame if you ask me, collector or not

Since when did vinyl become a collectors item anyway? Especially new vinyl? :roll:
  • Options
    jcarhartjcarhart Posts: 189
    Do we know if they are numbered and how many were made?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    jcarhart wrote:
    no is not numbered
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    As some of these start arriving on people's doorsteps, please keep this in mind if you have buyers remorse or have changed your mind about wanting it.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=227251

I hope someone can help Chris out!
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    jcarhart wrote:

No word how many were made. But I have a hunch there will be some sold @ the Pop Shop next year.
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    I understand collecting quite well thank you, it is really not that complicated.... But I don't care if there was only one blue fixer single in the entire world, it shouldn't be $300... The funny thing is the person who bought it will NEVER spin it, which is what it is designed and built for... When you have a limited and rare piece of art, you frame it and hang it, when you have a classic old restored car you take it out of the garage once in a while for a spin... But pearl jam fans, once they get their hands on some limited vinyl, that shit NEVER even gets opened, let alone played... And for the record, I am not bitching, just pointing out how silly some of you "collectors" are...

Pretty lame if you ask me, collector or not

Since when did vinyl become a collectors item anyway? Especially new vinyl? :roll:

Is it as lame as incessantly whining about what people decide to do with the items they purchase?

Sport jerseys are meant to be worn, but I know of collectors that purchase signed Brett Favre or Dan Marino jerseys and have them framed and hanging up on their office walls.

Do people who get picks at concerts get home, pull out the acoustic, and play smoke on the water with them? According to your logic, they should offer those picks to strummers- who actually use the pick for what it was intended to do.

Bitching about other people's 'collectable traits'. Pretty lame if you ask me. Seriously. Like a spoiled, small child.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    I'm still hoping that Amazon does have some of these, as they haven't canceled my order yet. I guess it's just wishful thinking!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    My tracking shows the package is still in WA with a delivery date of 12/26. No chance it is going to get to Chicago on Thursday with postal service shut down tomorrow. I'd expect it Saturday or Monday.
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    demetrios wrote:
    Isn't it weird that it's already Tuesday and only one Sevens Box Set has been accounted for? The one in Portland who received this on a Sunday. :shock:

Very strange, indeed. I am still confused why I received anything on a Sunday. But this?!?! And first?!?! Just weird.
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    if you overnight a piece of mail on a saturday, they will deliver it on sunday. since that's the norm this time of year, if they had other packages, they might have delivered them on sundays.

i'm in portland and my sevens came yesterday though. (no pictures though, mine is staying sealed for a trade - so haha if you hate that).
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    choop wrote:
    if you overnight a piece of mail on a saturday, they will deliver it on sunday. since that's the norm this time of year, if they had other packages, they might have delivered them on sundays.

i'm in portland and my sevens came yesterday though. (no pictures though, mine is staying sealed for a trade - so haha if you hate that).

Hopefully you don't flake out on your trade, last minute.
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    JMo wrote:
    choop wrote:

sorry you didn't get to upgrade your existing tickets. priority went to someone who didn't have any. sorry if that's a "flake" move.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    choop wrote:
    JMo wrote:
    choop wrote:

sorry you didn't get to upgrade your existing tickets. priority went to someone who didn't have any. sorry if that's a "flake" move.

Ha!

You know it was a flake move. It's why you just edited your reply to be more aggressive.

Hopefully you're downgrading your Sevens in this trade. I'd hate for you to 'upgrade' and get something you want in return.
  • Options
    JMo wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Very strange, indeed. I am still confused why I received anything on a Sunday. But this?!?! And first?!?! Just weird.

I'm also in the Portland area (Beaverton actually), and it arrived on Sunday with my 10C single (different package). I was a bit shocked too, but I just assumed they were sending stuff out with the overnight stuff just to help alleviate the mail delivery these last two days.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I'm in Portland as well, but it hasn't arrived.....

probably because I didn't order one! :fp: :lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Got mine today. I will be opening it up later tonight. :D
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1
  • Options
    The Sevens vinyls are clear vinyl! :shock: :D

Friend from Bellingham, WA just posted a photo on Facebook.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    Sweetness! Finally some news on this.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    no dice in Illinois yet.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    BrandonBrandon Posts: 157
    LOL they're 33 1/3 7"s??
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    demetrios wrote:
    The Sevens vinyls are clear vinyl! :shock: :D

Friend from Bellingham, WA just posted a photo on Facebook.

Not quite right D. ;)

Ok. Here goes. I didn't realize no one had seen it all. 1. Lightning Bolt & Sirens is clear. 2. Pendulum & MYM is clear. 3. Infallible and Future Days is black. 4. MFS and SH is black. 5. SWM and YM is red. 6. LTRP and Getaway is red. There is also a booklet with lyrics/graphics and a cool crescent moon graphic on the back with ""We thank you." "Dedicated to Uncle Neil.""
    Also, just normal 45 size. Obviously I don't know if all will get the same colors.
    Cheers to everyone and Happy Holidays! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....