Options

So... Europe 2014...

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    Apone wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    There are some festival announcements this week, I wonder if PJ will be listed on any of them

which fests Leanne?

Sorry to but into the question but I believe Reading/Leeds is announced this Tuesday

Sonisphere aswell potentially this week

reading seems too late unless they do a second leg
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    pdalowsky wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    There are some festival announcements this week, I wonder if PJ will be listed on any of them

which fests Leanne?

I think Pinkpop announced Metallica as headlining one of their days today, Metallica are headlining a day at Rock Werchter too.
    Sonisphere was this evening, they've Iron Maiden and Metallica headlining.
    Reading/Leeds announcement is tomorrow
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    nigelnigel Posts: 267
    dottles wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    dottles wrote:

which fests Leanne?

I think Pinkpop announced Metallica as headlining one of their days today, Metallica are headlining a day at Rock Werchter too.
    Sonisphere was this evening, they've Iron Maiden and Metallica headlining.
    Reading/Leeds announcement is tomorrow

One more Sonisphere headline spot up for grabs then! I am going so fingers double crossed!! (although I think Reading/Leeds more likely if they do play UK festival shows)
  • Options
    nigel wrote:
    One more Sonisphere headline spot up for grabs then! I am going so fingers double crossed!! (although I think Reading/Leeds more likely if they do play UK festival shows)

I think that may well be their 'quirky' headliner, they always used to have something random in the mix
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    Faithful_1Faithful_1 Glasgow Posts: 172
    I'm hoping this will be announced soon. Would love it to be an arena only tour.
    SECC - Jun 03, 2000
    Leeds Festival - Aug 25, 2006
    Reading Festival - Aug 27, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    ISS Dome - Jun 21, 2007
    MEN - Aug 17, 2009
    Odyssey - Jun 23, 2010
    Wuhlheide - Jun 30, 2010
    MEN - Jun 20, 2012
    MEN - Jun 21, 2012
    Leeds - Jul 8, 2014
  • Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602
    The rest of the headliners for Rock Werchter will be announced this week they say ( a friend ) .so hopefully it will be PJ ;)
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    http://www.nme.com/news/iron-maiden/74180

Iron Maiden and Metallica headlining

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Will we still be on for European dates ?
  • Options
    No Europe dates ?
  • Options
    Europe dates somebody ?
  • Options
    Guess we're still waiting for an anouncement for the go then ?????????????????
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    glasto :D
  • Options
    TexicoTexico Posts: 122
    No PJ at Pinkpop... again... Jan Smeets said this ('unfortunately not') on Dutch radio this morning.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    guypjfreak wrote:

booooo stop it :lol:
  • Options
    Twiggy57Twiggy57 Posts: 136
    pdalowsky wrote:
    dottles wrote:

which fests Leanne?
    i think pinkpop too,,they announce metallica 4 hours ago as one of the headlines,they will play the 3rd and last day of the festival,mon 9th june

Do you really think so.....??
    That means 2 really big names visiting that relatively small festival :? Can Jan Smeets financially arrange that?
    Or maybe the tickes will be more expensive so that we indirectly pay the salary of Eddie and James, haha :lol:
    For me it will be okay of course, as I only live one hour away from "Landgraaf" :D

Hopefully next week that they will announce their European tour dates. :)
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,692
    guypjfreak wrote:
    Hope not. Would they really announce a show that not one fan can say, hey I think i would like to go that, but no I cant because its already sold out.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    TexicoTexico Posts: 122
    which fests Leanne?[/quote]
    i think pinkpop too,,they announce metallica 4 hours ago as one of the headlines,they will play the 3rd and last day of the festival,mon 9th june[/quote]

That means 2 really big names visiting that relatively small festival :? Can Jan Smeets financially arrange that?
    Or maybe the tickes will be more expensive so that we indirectly pay the salary of Eddie and James, haha :lol:
    For me it will be okay of course, as I only live one hour away from "Landgraaf" :D

Hopefully next week that they will announce their European tour dates. :)[/quote]

No PJ at Pinkpop... again... Jan Smeets said this ('unfortunately not') on Dutch radio this morning.
  • Options
    Well tomorrow they will announce another headliner for Rock Werchter as far as now my friend was wright about the other two headliners Metallica and Artic Monkeys ;) ......hopefully PJ or it can be Linkin Park aswell ... :roll: .....but for me i`m hoping PJ will not do Rock Werchter but maybe indoor or Werchter Botiquee ( thats the same festivalground as Rock Werchter but only 1 day )
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    yep,no pj at pinkpop
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Twiggy57 wrote:

i mean pinopop is in the festivals who anounce the headlines this week..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    Looking at the most recent tour...3 hour setlists, 30-35 songs, no opener on the east coast leg...maybe they will skip festivals altogether. They don't mix with the way the band has been doing things this tour.
  • Options
    eddiec wrote:
    Looking at the most recent tour...3 hour setlists, 30-35 songs, no opener on the east coast leg...maybe they will skip festivals altogether. They don't mix with the way the band has been doing things this tour.

I really really really hope you are right.
  • Options
    eddiec wrote:

They mix just fine and we know this because Bruce has been doing more and more festivals in recent years in Europe. Three hours is a short E Street Band show these days. Some of the Springsteen festival sets are shorter but in most cases, he has negotiated for at least a three hour block.
  • Options
    Twiggy57 wrote:

i mean pinopop is in the festivals who anounce the headlines this week..

Rock Werchter also anounce the headlines this week they already anounced 2 Metallica on theursday and Artic monkeys on Friday .....normally tomorrow they will anounce another one ... ;)
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    eddiec wrote:
    No.

It's, as John Connor would put it, Easy money.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 578
    Blink 182 confirmed for Reading so guess that rules Pearl Jam out
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    There is this unique mountain-region spot in Switzerland that was supposed to host Radiohead a couple years ago in conjunction with the Montreux Jazz Festival which runs during the first 2 weeks of July.

Unfortunately Radiohead had that horrible stage accident and several shows, including the Swiss one, were cancelled.

It would be sensational if Pearl Jam could do a show in that place
  • Options
    Apone wrote:
    Blink 182 confirmed for Reading so guess that rules Pearl Jam out

No necessarily there's another 2 nights to announce yet.
  • Options
    New festival in Sweden called "Stockholm Fields" in May. Metallica and Slayer are announced. Maybe Pearl Jam will be too... who knows:P

But it's only one day, so guess not.

But maybe Way Out West in Gothenburg in August, maybe....

They should come back to Sweden anyways!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,023
    Why are you all so obsessed with festivals? I hope they don't play any festivals next summer, more own shows = better. Last year was perfect.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18