Options

Did TenClub raise the price of items for the sale?

Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
edited December 2013 in The Porch
I swear the 10c edition of LB on cd was NOT $16
2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    I think you are on to something here. You could be the next Woodward and Bernstein. :roll:
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    I think you are on to something here. You could be the next Woodward and Bernstein. :roll:
    I'd rather be Sherlock Holmes..honestly.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    I hate this promotions... Specially when you spend $375 in a bootleg box 8 days ago... I send an email to ten club if they can apply the discount now...I think it would be fair... Still no answer...
  • Options
    mikerlmikerl Posts: 580
    I hate this promotions... Specially when you spend $375 in a bootleg box 8 days ago... I send an email to ten club if they can apply the discount now...I think it would be fair... Still no answer...

I doubt they will... But pretty much every retailer has some sort of policy that allows this.
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Of course they did. That's what all sales are.
  • Options

Cancel your original order and then re-order.
  • Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Only 20% or so... Practically unnoticeable.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    I'll probably break down and get the VS. and VITALOGY SUPER DELUXE BOX SET because I really want the The Orpheum show on vinyl. Wish shipping didn't eat up most of the discount...
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I just looked at my past orders, it was $13 when I pre-ordered.
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355

Cancel your original order and then re-order.

How do you cancel an order? Mine says shipped, so is that why I don't see a cancel option? I also e-mailed them, still waiting for a reply. For the thousands of dollars we all spend here, I hope they can throw us a $75 dollar bone! :D
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Im off then (waves)
  • Options
    Uh-oh... From the 10 Club/PJ.com website help section:

"At any time, The Ten Club Store may feature items at a reduced price. If you ordered that item previously or after the time the item was featured on sale, you will not be given that sale price. The sale or reduced price is only honored when the item is ordered within the time it is featured on sale or the price appears reduced in the store."

:(

Knew I should have waited to buy the boxset, but I am a bit shell shocked from the many items that are selling out in an hour or less...
    2015 Central Park

• Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,689
    jlaustin wrote:

"At any time, The Ten Club Store may feature items at a reduced price. If you ordered that item previously or after the time the item was featured on sale, you will not be given that sale price. The sale or reduced price is only honored when the item is ordered within the time it is featured on sale or the price appears reduced in the store."

Knew I should have waited to buy the boxset, but I am a bit shell shocked from the many items that are selling out in an hour or less...

Dude f that, just cancel your original order and re order.. Easy

They haven't shipped yet they aren't even available yet
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    tinz. wrote:
    jlaustin wrote:

Dude f that, just cancel your original order and re order.. Easy

They haven't shipped yet they aren't even available yet

How do I cancel an order? The other items in that order have already arrived. Thanks!
    2015 Central Park

• Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,689
    you will have to call them, but i wouldn't mention re buying it.. just tell them you need to cancel the order
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    I just looked at my past orders, it was $13 when I pre-ordered.
    Wow. That's super shitty of them.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256

That's right. It was 12.99.

That's low down and fucking dirty.

SHAME!!!! :nono: :nono:
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    smanchac1 wrote:

That's right. It was 12.99.

That's low down and fucking dirty.

SHAME!!!! :nono: :nono:

Maybe the $12.99 was only for pre-sale?? :?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    FoxyRedLa wrote:
    That could very well be the case.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    FoxyRedLa wrote:
    That could very well be the case.
    Well they are $12.99 in stores (Canadian!!) at regular price, so i think 10c just made the conscious decision to scam its members, to be blunt. $16USD for a CD on the fan site - a members only item that doesn't differ from the non-members one in stores at all?? Are you kidding me?!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    Bottom line is 10C have done nothing to support their fans for a loooong time in terms of merchandising.

Month after month.. year after year.. more things become evident that they are:

A: Not good at merchandising.

B: Gouging fans.

pure and simple. That said, bitching has obviously fallen of deaf ears therefore only solution is to stop purchasing items from them. I used to believe that if I purchased from 10C, I would be in some way supporting the band more. I was stupid. :)

If you continue to purchase from them... no harm, won't hold it against you. Just sayin' :)
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    The price has been up for awhile now. The previous was a pre-order/first week price. Just like other retailers.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    The price has been up for awhile now. The previous was a pre-order/first week price. Just like other retailers.
    Still $12.99 CAD in stores where I am.
  • Options
    I was kinda ticked at the fact I pre-ordered the special "ten club edition" of the album and got absolutely nothing special. Boo.
    Oh well, life goes on.. as much as they charge to ship and as high as the prices are on that stuff, I'll just order from different places... doesn't seem to be many reason to order from the ten story except for the exclusives.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:
    Still $12.99 CAD in stores where I am.

Most of the places here have it at 15 or higher. Except for the mp3 which is on sale.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I just purchased the Lightning Bolt scarf at the Portland show for $35 and it's now being sold for $25 through the website. That's not cool.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    mechanix wrote:
    I just purchased the Lightning Bolt scarf at the Portland show for $35 and it's now being sold for $25 through the website. That's not cool.
    Hasn't the scarf been on sale on the website for weeks? Either way, they are having a sale. That's what a sale is about. I'm sure we have all bought something at regular price before and then that item went on sale later. I don't really see how we can complain about actual sale prices, whether or not we already own the item. But raising prices right before a salejust to prevent any real discount is shady.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    mechanix wrote:
    Hasn't the scarf been on sale on the website for weeks?

I don't know but if that's the case then it's really lame to charge full price at the event.
  • Options
    mechanix wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    mechanix wrote:
    Hasn't the scarf been on sale on the website for weeks?

I don't know but if that's the case then it's really lame to charge full price at the event.
    Is it?? Why? The merch at the shows is available to the general public. Plus, you'd pay at least the whole difference in shipping if you bought from the website. You still saved money buying it at the show.