Options

Portland Parking?

SpokenJeremySpokenJeremy Posts: 604
edited November 2013 in The Porch
Any Portland people....can you tell me what the street parking situation is like around the Moda Center? Or am I better off buying prepaid parking through the rose quarter website?
Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    where are you coming from? Are you driving home after the show or staying at a hotel?
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    choop wrote:
    where are you coming from? Are you driving home after the show or staying at a hotel?

Driving from Eugene and headed home after.
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    choop wrote:

Driving from Eugene and headed home after.

I'm glad you asked because I was just thinking the same thing. I will be renting a car and staying by the airport. Any insight would be appreciated as well!
    1995: Salt Lake City 1 & 2
    1998: Missoula
    2000: Boise
    2002: Seattle 1 & 2
    2003: Phoenix
    2004: Mountain View, CA (Bridge School)
    2005: The Gorge
    2006: Las Vegas, The Gorge
    2009: Seattle
    2013: Portland, Spokane, Seattle
    2014: Memphis
  • Options
    From the airport you can ride the MAX right to Moda Center. As far as street parking near the Moda Center there is some if you are willing to walk. Also you can park on the west side of the river downtown and ride MAX across the river which is only one or two stops.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    I usually park on Grand between Holladay and Multnomah and walk to the Rose Garden. Parking is usually only a few bucks in the lots up there.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    If you do park at the moda center, definitely park in the garden garage, you can exit practically right on to I5 south and don't have to deal with as much crap.
  • Options
    P-Town-P-Jam-FanP-Town-P-Jam-Fan Posts: 897
    edited November 2013
    It looks like its going to be dry. My first choice would be to jump on MAX. If that is not a possibility you can drive. Its up to you how much you want to pay vs how far you want to walk. Closest spots might charge $25-$30.00 for parking. Lots a bit further away can charge $10-$15. Further away you can find street parking and just walk. Its safe and lots of other people will be walking. I avoid the official parking garages because it takes foreverrrrr to get out. I'd rather walk to my car a few blocks away rather than sitting in the 4th floor of a parking garage going no where.

I could be off on my parking costs here (it might be cheaper). I never pay to park, sorry!
    Post edited by P-Town-P-Jam-Fan on
    Gorge
  • Options
    There is definitely some street parking if you're willing to walk a bit. Closer in it's metered. Some are 2-hour max, and some are 5 hour max. Some are free after 6:00pm, and some aren't free until 10:00.

There are lots of people who do this so getting there a little early helps but if you choose a metered spot make sure your time extends into the free parking hours.

If you're not familiar with the area though the parking garages at the Moda Center could be the fit for you. You do have to wait to get out of the garage, but once you do, the I-5 north and southbound ramps are close by and well marked. I think it's only $15 (plus fees) if you purchase ahead of time. So if you get stressed by not knowing where you need to go, it could be worth it.