Options

Chris Cornell Signed My Temple Of The Dog Album!!!

amw101282amw101282 Wisconsin Posts: 185
Amazing Night :) Saw Chris Cornell solo acoustic at the Orpheum Theatre, Madison, WI. So some girl had handed Chris her hat to sign but he needed a marker, so i passed em mine. he said "it's a community effort up here." i was second row so this girl in front of me then set my temple of the dog record up on the stage. So it stays on stage for a few songs and during "when i'm down" Chris keeps walking around it and looking down at it but never stepping on it. He finishes that song, signs it, then starts talking bout Andy Wood and then says he's going to play a Mother Love Bone song, Man of Golden Words...the song the name Temple of the Dog came from in the very first line, "wanna show ya something like the joy inside my heart, seems I've been living in the TEMPLE OF THE DOG!" So i held it up right when he said it. after that song he played "Wooden Jesus," "Call Me A Dog," and "Hungerstrike!!!" Amazing. my album was pretty much used in the sequence of influencing the show and now it's signed in silver. plus that morning i got my music on vinyl reissue on purple vinyl in the mail from what records in the UK...what a day!
{Alpine Valley '03/United Center '06/Summerfest '06 (Both Nights!!)/Alpine Valley '11 (PJ20) (Both Nights!!)/Wrigley Field '13}

"a truant finds home, and a wish to hold on too, he saw the trapdoor in the sun, immortality" PLEASE SUPPORT CCFA!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,397
    Greatness! :thumbup:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    DM213518DM213518 Posts: 117
    Super cool!!!! :D
  • Options
    How was the show? Going to see him in Buffalo on Tuesday.
  • Options
    amw101282amw101282 Wisconsin Posts: 185
    i was absolutely blown away. he sounded great. felt like we were just hanging at the house and he was playing songs. he was very personable. seemed happy to be there. really translated for a great show. youre gonna love it :) i dont wanna give anything away. wish i could go again.
    {Alpine Valley '03/United Center '06/Summerfest '06 (Both Nights!!)/Alpine Valley '11 (PJ20) (Both Nights!!)/Wrigley Field '13}

"a truant finds home, and a wish to hold on too, he saw the trapdoor in the sun, immortality" PLEASE SUPPORT CCFA!!!
  • Options
    Really cool story. Cornell is a true friend to Andrew, incredible how much talent there is in a relatively small circle. I ordered Apple on vinyl recently, I find it has aged surprisingly well. Golden words by Cornell sounds awesome.
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful story - that's awesome !!! :thumbup:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    Totally awesome story! I enjoyed reading it! :D