Options

What Pearl Jam Songs Have Deep Meaning to you?

WhyGo91WhyGo91 Posts: 639
This isn't a favorite PJ song topic, so don't think that. I'm asking because there have been a lot of Pearl Jam songs that have helped me through things and are just so meaningful to me. Now, i just wanna know what everyone else thinks and what songs are meaningful to you.

btw, mine are Release, Present Tense, Inside Job, and State of Love and Trust
446927_artist.jpg?0119
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Present Tense for sure!
    Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them." -- Albert Einstein

10/31/09 Philly, 05/09/10 Cleveland
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Alive and Given to Fly for me.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    Alive ...because I didn't know who my Dad was until my mother slept with me and my stepdad gave me a look.

Seriously, Alive (Live from 92 PinkPop) because my 1 yr old grandson loves that song/video. Regardless of how amped he is or how fussy he is, I can put on that DVD and he will sit and watch memorized or run in and out of the room clapping his hands in the air. This really helped him recover from his brain surgery as well.
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • Options
    hockeygrrlhockeygrrl Posts: 141
    Daughter. It's a song I've long dedicated to my mother who left me when I was 2 months old. There are other songs that have real deep meanings to me as well but that one is right in my soul,
    <b>One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain</b> <i>~Bob Marley</i>
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Rearviewmirror, Oceans and Immortality
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    petersm69petersm69 Posts: 43
    Release and Off he goes are the biggest two for me. The night my closest cousin died in a car crash these were the very 2 songs i listened to. Off he goes was always one of his favourite pj songs and the ten redux was recently released so i was really back into release again. These two songs reaaaally made it hit home but were also soothing at the same time. They still pull me out of a rough day
  • Options
    WhyGo91WhyGo91 Posts: 639
    petersm69 wrote:
    Release and Off he goes are the biggest two for me. The night my closest cousin died in a car crash these were the very 2 songs i listened to. Off he goes was always one of his favourite pj songs and the ten redux was recently released so i was really back into release again. These two songs reaaaally made it hit home but were also soothing at the same time. They still pull me out of a rough day
    Im so sorry about your cousin man :( im glad you also have these great songs to get you through tough times! peace and love!!!
    446927_artist.jpg?0119
  • Options
    Sometimes
  • Options
    Oceans Release Given To Fly The Long Road I Got ID Down....
    life can't get eddie vedder than this!
  • Options
    I know this is an old thread but came across it when I googled a search for a song. The deepest songs to me is You Are bc it was playing when my husband proposed and then 4 years later when he died we played the rearview mirror cd throughout the service and ironically Nothingman was playing as they closed his casket. Before they closed it I left the lyrics to Come Back w him. A year later BackSpacer came out and when I heard The End it was like my husband was talking to me. I was at the Philly show on Halloween which was exactly one year after my husband died and all these songs where played that night, I shed a tear for each of them, this year marks 5 years since his passing and I will be in Baltimore on Oct 27 will be another emotional show.