Fargo 2003
Winnipeg 2005
Winnipeg 2011
St. Paul 2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I too am heartbroken. Being from Boston it hurts just that much more. I have lived here all but 4 years of my 31 on this earth.

What makes me so proud to be from here is the close knit community we have here. Especially when a tragedy occurs like yesterday, everyone comes together and the city becomes like one big family. Makes me happy and proud to be from Boston.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,290
    :cry: Please count me in for prizes #2 & #4. Favourite things about my hometown: Bougatsa & akanes.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    Love and thoughts out to everyone in Boston.
    I do love the Green Manstah...best wall in sports
    Fenway%20Park%20450x300.JPG
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    Thoughts and prayers go out to Boston. Having been there last year for my sister's graduation and walking those very streets, scary to think something like that can happen anytime, anywhere.

As a huge baseball fan, it was a dream come true to see a game at Fenway Park. It really couldn't have been scripted any better either. My brother surprised me with Green Monster tickets as a belated birthday present and the game we attended (5/19/08) ended up being Jon Lester's no-hitter. The stadium was absolutely electric and that still tops my list of ballpark experiences.

89c47b1d-bb0e-45f9-8977-6163225e64e3_zps1bd1947c.jpg
  • Options
    AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    Never been to Boston,don't really know much about Boston,but just wanted to say that times like this I really feel that we are all somehow connected. I feel the pain of those people though I've not experienced any of it,and I believe that they can feel me grieving for them all the way from my small city in Alberta.
    Hearts&Thoughts.....
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    What I love about boston......is that we are a hockey town!!!!! (with a decent music and craft beer scene as well). Go Bruins!!

just as youngster said, all of MA is a close knit community. even though people thing MA ends at worcester, us western mass folks a pretty shook up and concerned for everybody in boston.
  • Options
    am I making this too difficult?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    dmaradona10dmaradona10 Posts: 897
    A horrible day for Boston as well as for the country. I've never been to Boston but I have a MA in history. My favorite thing about Boston is its spirit that started with the founding of this country as the people there decided to fight what was at the time the most powerful military in the world.
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    My favorite part of living in Boston was hanging out in Harvard Square back in high school and college...visiting all the used record stores, going to the original Newbury Comics on Newbury Street, seeing independent films at the Brattle Theater and Coolidge Corner...checking out the local bands at Axis,The Rathskellar, The Channel, The Middle East...and all the good bands that came out this city that went on to become national acts; J Geils Band, Boston, Extreme, Aerosmith, Pixies, The Cars, Til Tuesday, Lemonheads, Dropkicks, Bosstones..the list goes on and on.

I love this place and I will never leave!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    I've never been to Boston before, but the beautiful city is on my bucketlist.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i love Boston..

great give away

:clap::clap::clap::clap: :thumbup:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    The people there are incredibly nice (except when they find out you are a Yankkes fan :lol: ). I love the history there and it is an amazing city. Prayers to everyone who was affected by this cowardly act. Great giveaway by the way, very cool of you to do this.
    "I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as Josh Homme"
  • Options
    BUMP!
    uncle matty
  • Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    I have visited Boston only once. It was a cold December day and I was visiting clients. Had to leave earlier than I wanted to due to a Nor'easter hammering down! I hope to return during better weather and pay proper respect to Boston!
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Options
    as a child, my favorite thing about Boston was Clemens. my favorite player, had every card ever printed with his name on it. until... as we all know the story goes... never a Bosox fan, but wore the fitted cap in Clemens' honor. that being said, Atlanta is my favorite city. world class people, places, and things. and the braves are off to a great start this year!(12-2???) Turner field is a great place to watch a game; hopefully i'll have the opportunity to sit atop the 'monstah' one day ;) thanks for the cool giveaway OP! :clap: thoughts and prayers go out to ALL of the people in Boston, and around the country, for the tragic and cowardly acts of violence witnessed. a real shame that so many people don't know how to treat others.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    up
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,928
    So generous, really. Thank you so much. :clap:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,928
    My favorite thing about Boston is that of all the cities in all the world this is the one I am lucky enough to call home. I am a lifelong New Englander, born and raised, and if I have anything to say about it I will never leave.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Very generous.

I no longer live in Boston, but I still call it home.

A few of my favorite things: Fenway Park, Bukowski Tavern, El Pelon Taqueria, Casa Romero, Pizzeria Regina, Pomodoro, Mike's City Diner, Barking Crab, Newbury Comics, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Boston Symphony Orchestra, Public Garden, Esplanade, this list could go on forever.

RIP: The Rat, Deli Haus, Avenue Victor Hugo, The Other Side Cafe.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    theJawastheJawas Posts: 395
    The second Mansfield 2008 concert. My wife and I drove out there from Wisconsin, and she now refuses to see PJ again because the show was so perfect (she does love "Footsteps").
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    Very,very nice. Thanks for the chance.
    I have never been to Boston but right now my whole heart is with them & those who lost.

Born & raised in Windsor, Ontario. My favorite thing about it is the downtown core.
    It is a shadow of what it once was but my memories as a child are fresh. A time
    when there were no shopping malls. The streets bustled, Kresge hot dogs, the candy store,
    soda fountains, creaky floors, the city market & even the elevator guy at the Simpson-Sears
    Department Store. Much has changed & I now live outside the city in a small town but
    visit often. Tomorrow I visit my favorite downtown record store, still there after twenty
    years.
  • Options
    55 MA Posts: 157
    I live in MA in the Boston area and I love Boston because the city is has a tuff but sweet cool vibe about it. You can be and dress anyway you want to and nobody is going to bug you about it you can just be yourself.
    It also has cool record stores!!

Thanks for the give away and great news they just caught the other guy and he is ALIVE !!
  • Options
    5 wrote:
    I live in MA in the Boston area and I love Boston because the city is has a tuff but sweet cool vibe about it. You can be and dress anyway you want to and nobody is going to bug you about it you can just be yourself.
    It also has cool record stores!!

Thanks for the give away and great news they just caught the other guy and he is ALIVE !!

i'm glad they got the mother fucker alive. prison is not a friendly place...
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    So cool
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    i don't want to win any of the prizes but i want to share my thoughts

what I love about boston - hmmmm

i love the feeling it gives me when I think about it... i cannot put into words the pride i feel for my hometown
    i grew up in the the city as did my Dad as did my Nana... my roots will always be there even though we sold the family home...

I love the pride that all Bostonians have

I know Sports aren't life or death but they're an escape for many many Bostonians - and we celebrate and suffer with our teams...

I love how it jumps up a notch during playoff season - I've been to many Celtics and Patriots (and sox & Bs) games and the playoff ones always leave me exhausted ... but smiling

I love the loyalty... if you put a bunch of Bostonians in a bar in Boston watching a game you might find a few guys from Brighton fighting a few guys from Southie .... but if you put all those clowns in a bar in New Orleans then we're all best friends and high fiving each other with every sox score or pats TD
    (I experienced this first hand)

I love the (dirty) water - I'm a big fan of cities with waterfronts - such a great place to relax

I love the fucked up way the streets were laid out - who needs a grid system? ;)

i love the skyline, the pru, the hancock, the old hancock -

i love knowing what the lights mean on top of the old hancock

i love knowing what it means to order cold tea late night in chinatown

I love discussing how you talk funny and not me - with my go to reply being that your uncles wife is not an insect

I love the love affair that some of us have with Pearl Jam

I love that I had a few college classes with the Cow who had his teats sucked by Stone

i love seeing my city in movies and tv shows

i love hearing how other people love my city

i may have moved out of the city a handful of years ago - but the events of last week brought much sadness to my heart - i live just outside boston now... but boston is always deep inside my heart

i love boston - i am boston

boston.jpg