Options

**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    is that festival at the south?? :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    is that festival at the south?? :mrgreen:

OH YES!! ;)
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    Anyone from Texas planning on going to this, I have one word of advice: LEAVE THURSDAY NIGHT TO DRIVE.

a lot of people who live in Louisiana work in Houston. They spend Sunday night to Friday afternoon in Houston working, then leave at lunch on Friday and drive back to Louisiana. The I-10 is a parking lot from Houston to Beaumont on Friday afternoon...

I had friends go to Voodoo for RATM in 2007, left 9 am Friday morning. A tractor trailer jack-knifed in Beaumont... they didn't make it to NOLA until 1 am Saturday morning...

Be prepared and warned. Driving to Louisiana on a Friday will be a good way to completely miss the show and possibly the most frustrating experience of your life.

Wish I knew which day PJ is playing so I could plan more accordingly. I am betting Sunday, what do you think? Do the main headliners play Sunday?
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    Wish I knew which day PJ is playing so I could plan more accordingly. I am betting Sunday, what do you think? Do the main headliners play Sunday?

Friday is the consensus among rumors.
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    NAUjackfan wrote:

Friday is the consensus among rumors.

Hmmmmm. Interesting. I would def have to leave Thursday morning then.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    Am I understanding this right - no single day tickets to Voodoo Fest?
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    riotgrl wrote:

Maybe not right now. Most festivals sell one day tickets starting a few months prior to boost sales. They try to sell as many 3 day passes as possible before that market dries up and they start the single day sale. Deluna did that last year, ACL does it, and I'm sure Voodoo does too.
  • Options
    riotgrl wrote:

That's what it looks like from the Voodoo website. 92.3 in NO did say something about tickets being availble from other places. I don't know if they have single day tix from the other places, but it's likely that singles will be available when the event gets closer.

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    riotgrl wrote:

Maybe not right now. Most festivals sell one day tickets starting a few months prior to boost sales. They try to sell as many 3 day passes as possible before that market dries up and they start the single day sale. Deluna did that last year, ACL does it, and I'm sure Voodoo does too.

I know Forecastle does that here in Louisville but I am not familiar with this festival. Thanks for the info!

I AM MINE
  • Options
    So Jealous of you guys - wish they were in Europe.....no, scrap that...I wish I was in the USA 8-)
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    Here's a nice old postcard for New Orleans. :)

postcard1.jpg
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    riotgrl wrote:

voodoo usually doesn't sell out and single day tickets only get put up for sale a couple of weeks in advance of the show (usually 95-100/day).

In all honestly though - $175 for a Pearl Jam and NIN ticket is a pretty damn good value in terms of ticket prices...

I'm going to buy my passes momentarily, just waiting to hear back from a buddy if he wants to join us or not....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    shep wrote:
    riotgrl wrote:

voodoo usually doesn't sell out and single day tickets only get put up for sale a couple of weeks in advance of the show (usually 95-100/day).

In all honestly though - $175 for a Pearl Jam and NIN ticket is a pretty damn good value in terms of ticket prices...

I'm going to buy my passes momentarily, just waiting to hear back from a buddy if he wants to join us or not....

Hope for your sake they're not in Houston Thursday night
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    shep wrote:
    riotgrl wrote:

That would suck for logistics...

I don't see it though... I'd say a Wednesday night date in Houston is more likely, as all gear has to be setup at the festival prior to it starting on Friday afternoon...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    I was completely in for Voodoo, but that brings up a good point. I think I may wait it out and see what TX/Southern dates they announce. Could be kicking myself later... :corn:
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    I'm waiting for the I-10 tour! So Cal...AZ...Texas...Deep South
    330x220i10exitguide-2.png

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    Pretty sure you're right shep...just wanted to give you something to stress about! :P
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    riotgrl wrote:

Not a huge NIN fan so would only be going for PJ. Gonna hold out for the rest of the dates then decide. Of course, my brother has decided to get married in October so I figure that's when PJ will decide to play in Louisville for the first time in 20 years and I'll miss it again :fp:

I AM MINE
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    yes!

NOLA!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Pretty sure you're right shep...just wanted to give you something to stress about! :P

thanks Cameron - Appreciate it. ;) :fp:

Really hope the rest of the dates come soon... and that it is a tour of the south, not a one off show in NOLA and then bolt straight up the east coast as fast as they can go...
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    ComeToTX wrote:
    shep wrote:
    riotgrl wrote:

I'm trying to book my hotel room now.. and in New Orleans for Halloween... but mostly cause I don't want to drive all day Friday and miss part of that day. Even if they don't play til late. At least hotel is refundable but I'm waiting it out a little bit to buy my ticket.
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

thanks Cameron - Appreciate it. ;) :fp:

Really hope the rest of the dates come soon... and that it is a tour of the south, not a one off show in NOLA and then bolt straight up the east coast as fast as they can go...

yep...nothing would surprise me at this point.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,008
    rhinomagic wrote:
    yes!

NOLA!

I call Rhinomagic's couch! :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    rhinomagic wrote:
    yes!

NOLA!

I call.... a hotel in the french quarter!

:lol:
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    rhinomagic wrote:
    yes!

NOLA!

I call.... a hotel in the french quarter!

:lol:

I'm going the cheap route! Some random holiday inn I found for $129 a night. Haha.
  • Options

I'm going the cheap route! Some random holiday inn I found for $129 a night. Haha.

Just stay away from Metairie!
  • Options
    shep wrote:

??
  • Options
    p1319338094-2.jpg

LOUISVILLE!!

I AM MINE
  • Options
    shep wrote:

I should have texted you, this has me nervous! I'm using a slew of hotel points and some change so it's dirt cheap. What's wrong with that city?!!
  • Options
    shep wrote:

I should have texted you, this has me nervous! I'm using a slew of hotel points and some change so it's dirt cheap. What's wrong with that city?!!

Ok, so... Anyone here feel free to jump in and correct any mis-information i'm about to give...

Prior to Katrina (yes, I'm going way back) a lot of the less-wealthy people evacuated NOLA and moved to Houston as a temporary safe location. When Katrina went nuclear and destroyed 3/4ers of the city (insert when the levee breaks here), many of these individuals pocketed their FEMA money and decided to stay in Houston... never even went back to survey the damage. They all centered in low-rent neighborhoods here in Houston where FEMA had put them up "temporarily"... their are complete sections of suburbia around here you stay the fuck away from now as a result... but I'm getting off topic....

Anyway, from what I have been told by many of the Louisianians that I work with Metairie was one of the worst hit areas, with a lot of damage and a lot of abandoned housing that has never been restored... and is subject to a lot squatters, low-lifes, etc, etc even to this day, 8-years later....

Now this may all be hearsay, but every time I'm headed to NOLA I seem to always be given the advice to not stay in Metairie if I can avoid it....