**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    arizona_flag3_jjw.jpg
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    south up
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    arizona_flag3_jjw.jpg
    awesome photo
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,557
    South
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    shep wrote:
    So... real question here -

I've seen a couple of people around here throw out Voodoo fest as the possible end to the PJ tour in New Orleans....

If this happens: (a) does anyone want to carpool from H-town or (b) who would like to have a gumball rally from Houston to that crooked-french-based-gambler's den known as Louisiana on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning? (assuming PJ does the headlining Sat night slot)...

So nobody's interested in my gumball rally huh?

Too bad 81 never checks this thread. :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    shep wrote:

I've seen a couple of people around here throw out Voodoo fest as the possible end to the PJ tour in New Orleans....

If this happens: (a) does anyone want to carpool from H-town or (b) who would like to have a gumball rally from Houston to that crooked-french-based-gambler's den known as Louisiana on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning? (assuming PJ does the headlining Sat night slot)...

If PJ plays Voodoo, all y'all get to come over to my apartment for the pre-game.

I live about a mile and a half from City Park.

True story.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKUSrFHX7yWPlWx-bmDtY6gLMh9jQU0QPlwrVGaqIWgGh2CiSD
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    Texas
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    shep wrote:

The guy that posted about it said he actually saw the date in writing on 11/1. I think it's going to happen. Probably only southern date
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    rhinomagic wrote:
    shep wrote:

If PJ plays Voodoo, all y'all get to come over to my apartment for the pre-game.

I live about a mile and a half from City Park.

True story.

We need a place to crash ha
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    MIAMI
  • Options
    MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Gum ball rally... classic!
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    shep wrote:

Since I never read this anymore either.. just keep checking way too early for the wrigley status.. but if they play voodoo.. I'd be happy to carpool from houston!
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    shep wrote:

The guy that posted about it said he actually saw the date in writing on 11/1. I think it's going to happen. Probably only southern date

I'm betting that's the case.... and they'll probably lock this thread afterwards saying "PJ toured the South"... by playing one date... in NOLA... :roll:

Anyway, I hope it's 11/2 not 11/1.... I'd like to not have to try and swindle more time off out of work (considering I've already booked all my PTO for the year just going to weddings.. :fp: )
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    shep wrote:

I'm betting that's the case.... and they'll probably lock this thread afterwards saying "PJ toured the South"... by playing one date... in NOLA... :roll:

Anyway, I hope it's 11/2 not 11/1.... I'd like to not have to try and swindle more time off out of work (considering I've already booked all my PTO for the year just going to weddings.. :fp: )

Do they have one day tickets available at anytime? I'd be up for it but probably not all 3 days.
  • Options
    shep wrote:

Do they have one day tickets available at anytime? I'd be up for it but probably not all 3 days.

Voodoo is actually a really weird festival... like all things in New Orleans.

I remember last year single day tickets were available, but they were like $125 each... and 3-day passes were only like $200...

If you had of bought your 3-day pass prior to Feb 14th for the 2013 festival, I think they were selling them at like $150-175... super cheap...

and the festival ends at like 7 pm on Sunday night... which is weird... I think they do that so everyone can get in their truck and drive back to Texas to go to work on Monday morning... :lol:

That's the only real problem I see with PJ playing Friday night... traffic from Houston to LA along the I-10 is f'ing terrible any given Thursday night/Friday with all the oilfield workers headed home for the weekend... Houston keeps 3/4ers of LA's population employed.... :roll:
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    shep wrote:

Voodoo is actually a really weird festival... like all things in New Orleans.

I remember last year single day tickets were available, but they were like $125 each... and 3-day passes were only like $200...

If you had of bought your 3-day pass prior to Feb 14th for the 2013 festival, I think they were selling them at like $150-175... super cheap...

and the festival ends at like 7 pm on Sunday night... which is weird... I think they do that so everyone can get in their truck and drive back to Texas to go to work on Monday morning... :lol:

That's the only real problem I see with PJ playing Friday night... traffic from Houston to LA along the I-10 is f'ing terrible any given Thursday night/Friday with all the oilfield workers headed home for the weekend... Houston keeps 3/4ers of LA's population employed.... :roll:

I guess depending on what other dates happen in the fall.. I'd be up for it if they play NOLA and screw the rest of the south over.
  • Options

I guess depending on what other dates happen in the fall.. I'd be up for it if they play NOLA and screw the rest of the south over.

which is exactly what they're going to do...

Think about it: the dates of Voodoo make it pretty much the last outdoor festival of the entire year for all of the south...

After November 1st it starts to be a little chilly in these parts (at least for the locals - my Canadian blood doesn't mind it)... and if the last 10 years have demonstrated anything, PJ is only interested in coming to this area of the US to play festivals, where they make more money for least work..

I mean, look at the only PJ dates in the south for the last 10 years and tell me I'm wrong... nothing but festivals except for the 08 tour where a few dates were played in Florida... if you even consider that "the south"... anyway...

Which reminds me, I need to pick up more postcards and stamps this week... :fp:
  • Options
    I leave for a UK trip on 11/2. Thought about waiting to see if they'll be down here but who are we kidding?
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Gents, please come visit us....have Yanks come see us for a change.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    I leave for a UK trip on 11/2. Thought about waiting to see if they'll be down here but who are we kidding?
    Sweet...good call. Enjoy.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Sweet...good call. Enjoy.

yea... they're not going to make it to Texas... I know this now...

The Voodoo rumor seems plausible to me (1) because it's a festival, (2) because PJ has already displayed that they favor NOLA with the last show at Jazzfest there in '10, and (3) SG headlined the festival last year, so management and contracts can be arranged with minimal re-work.

and I have no doubt that it will be as close as they come to Texas. :roll:
  • Options
    shep wrote:

I may be game. Did trip last time for Blues Fest In NO. Not a bad drive....course with proper traffic schedule planning.
  • Options
    callen wrote:
    shep wrote:

I may be game. Did trip last time for Blues Fest In NO. Not a bad drive....course with proper traffic schedule planning.

Yea, I drove over for Jazzfest as well... because the girlfriend couldn't take friday off we left at about 1 and got caught in the weekend traffic to Louisiana... not fun. If I remember correctly it took like 2 or 3 hours just to get from the I45 to out past baytown... terrible...
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    riotgrl wrote:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKUSrFHX7yWPlWx-bmDtY6gLMh9jQU0QPlwrVGaqIWgGh2CiSD
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    :wave:
  • Options
    I'm about ready to give up on Chicago.. and wait for the fall dates.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    I hope the fall dates include at least one in central Florida.

3672948543_60dea53541_z.jpg?zz=1
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    I'm about ready to give up on Chicago.. and wait for the fall dates.

already there amber... didn't even put my name into that 2nd lottery draw yesterday...

just have to take that final step and cancel that hotel i have reserved... some part of me thinks some kind of miracle might happen (and it's fully cancellable up until 24 hours before check-in...)

The voodoo show seems likely, and doable to me...

it'll probably be my only show this year... and another festival at that...
  • Options
    iiseeiisee Charlotte, NC Posts: 485
    I lucked out on the WRIGLEY tix so will be in Chi-Town for that epic, but would definitely do NOLA. However, I would still like to add to my hometown list again..let's feel some love for CHARLOTTE!
    8/25/92 – Charlotte, NC
    10/4/96 – Charlotte, NC
    8/4/00 – Charlotte, NC
    4/16/03 – Charlotte, NC
    9/5/05 – Edmonton, Canada
    6/16/08 - Columbia, SC
    6/17/08 - VA Beach, VA
    6/26-27/12 - Amsterdam, NL (I and II)
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Feild, Chicago, IL
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    11/22/15 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil