Options

Chicago 2013 - Road Trip from Saskatchewan

mypresenttensemypresenttense Posts: 44
edited February 2013 in Given To Fly (live)
Hey everyone,

I just recieved the great news that I recieved 2 tickets. Now I have to plan the trip. Anyone else planning on driving from Saskatchewan or Alberta??? I'm in Saskatoon. It's a long long drive so the more people that go together the better but if I'm the only one, then I'll see you there... I'll be the hick Canadian from stick ville Saskatchewan.. My 32nd show, I thought Missoula was a cool one but I'm expecting great things in Chicago!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,538
    Hey everyone,

I just recieved the great news that I recieved 2 tickets. Now I have to plan the trip. Anyone else planning on driving from Saskatchewan or Alberta??? I'm in Saskatoon. It's a long long drive so the more people that go together the better but if I'm the only one, then I'll see you there... I'll be the hick Canadian from stick ville Saskatchewan.. My 32nd show, I thought Missoula was a cool one but I'm expecting great things in Chicago!

I drove from Indianapolis to Saskatoon in 2011. Indy is about 3 hours south of Chicago. It is a long drive but if you like roadtrips enjoy. The drive to Chicago will be great, the drive back not so great.

Never had to change my car's oil on a vacation before but had to in Edmonton that year.
  • Options
    Driving from Winnipeg to Chicago.

Made the trip from here to Saskatoon in 11' Can't imaging adding another 8 hours to the trip!

not too sure on the travel plans yet... but will be comforting to know there are other Canadians en-route through the prairies to Chicago!!
    IF NOTHING IS EVERYTHING, I'LL HAVE IT ALL.

Vancouver 2003
    EV Vancouver 2008
    Winnipeg & Saskatoon 2011
    Wrigley July 2013
    Vancouver & Seattle 2013
    Tulsa, Lincoln & St. Paul 2014
    Mexico City 2015
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Wrigley 1 & 2 2016
    Seattle TOTD 1 & 2 2016 
    London 1, Cancelled / Boarderline, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2 2018
    Ohana 2019 
  • Options
    Hey everyone,

I drove from Indianapolis to Saskatoon in 2011. Indy is about 3 hours south of Chicago. It is a long drive but if you like roadtrips enjoy. The drive to Chicago will be great, the drive back not so great.

Never had to change my car's oil on a vacation before but had to in Edmonton that year.

Ya, being from Saskatchewan has basically meant long road trips to see any PJ shows until the 2005 tour...But you're exactly right, the drive there will be exciting, the drive home will be torture!! Looking forward to it though.
  • Options
    ryanjp2323 wrote:
    Driving from Winnipeg to Chicago.

Made the trip from here to Saskatoon in 11' Can't imaging adding another 8 hours to the trip!

not too sure on the travel plans yet... but will be comforting to know there are other Canadians en-route through the prairies to Chicago!!

Once you know your travel plans let me know. It might be nice to have a caravan at least half of the way. :-)