Options

Reasons why YOU think the 1995 tour was amazing..

Comments

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,556
    My first show was Austin in 95 and it was amazing.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    ComeToTX wrote:
    My first show was Austin in 95 and it was amazing.

I'm gonna stream that one next mate! Right now WMA from the Moore show is ripping up my world in a good way! Jack Irons, the groove master!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Alrighty folks - recommend me a show from 95' that is your personal favorite. I've listened to 4-5 this week and I'm on a roll! 8-)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    Alrighty folks - recommend me a show from 95' that is your personal favorite. I've listened to 4-5 this week and I'm on a roll! 8-)

get some of the red rocks 2 shows

the 1st show there was my 1st show

and the 2nd show there was amazing
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    god, 95 is such an amazing tour.....my two favorite from that tour have to be soldier field and melbourne 3/17. i think the sleeper of the tour was either san diego 2 or salt lake city 2.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Edved007 wrote:
    07/09/95 - Milwaukee night 2.

- it was my first PJ show
    - Ed came out with The Frogs during the opening set
    - Opened with Act Of Love
    - Did a crazy experimental slow version of Jeremy
    - Not For You was insane and preceded by a great rambling speech
    - Played Maggot Brain that sent Mike to the hospital with exhaustion after playing so hard

...that's few reasons..
    Ditto to the above, it was my first show too. Plus...
    - Bad Religion opening
    - Daughter tags:(This is How I Feel)/(Release)/(ABitW-II)
    - Star Boy (w/Jimmy from The Frogs, 2nd of 2 times ever played)
    - Little Wing
    - Ended with Porch
    - Audio and Video boots exist
  • Options
    CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    god, 95 is such an amazing tour.....my two favorite from that tour have to be soldier field and melbourne 3/17. i think the sleeper of the tour was either san diego 2 or salt lake city 2.

Soldier Field -- I couldn't sleep for days....
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • Options
    GB45499GB45499 Posts: 232
    For me, Casper, WY 6-16-95

My first PJ show. I really didn't listen rock until 94...I was raised on country music but some of my friends always listened to PJ and Nirvana so I was exposed to it often. A few of them were lucky enough to call and get tickets...and a total of 12 of us made the trip.

We drove from Denver the day of the show, 4 in my new Ford Aspire with no a/c and the rest in this stranger danger van. We got there plenty early for tailgating and drank a few beers before the show. One of these poor bastards drinks a Sunny D bottle filled with something that looks like Sunny D but isn't...only after he complains about the temperature of said oversized bottle. "Damn I'm so thirsty!" he spots the Sunny D bottle in the back of the stranger danger van. "It's so fucking hot!" (It was a very warm summer day in Casper) grabs bottle and says "Why is this bottle so hot?!" chug chug pshhhhhh "That's piss!!!" :evil: Classic. Never really liked that dude personally... :lol:

Time comes to distribute tickets before show...everyone is arguing about who gets what and where and I'm just standing off to the side with this other guy that I barely know that's in the group and I said..."for what it's worth, I'll take whatever anyone doesn't want." Someone hands me a ticket and it says "General Admission". Everyone got confused thinking the seats were on the floor and the balcony was GA. HAHAHAHAHA! BEST SHOW EVER! I was on the rail, I crowd surfed for the first time (sorry if I crushed anyone btw...the guards were pretty cool too actually.), moshed...and rocked out. I didn't get a guitar pick or anything like that but I was sold. That was all it took. Started out with Long Road (which I love dearly and pray for that opener each time I see em) and just got better each song. My buddies were so mad that me and the other 'new fan' were on the floor. That place was slightly larger then my high school gym. They had a good spot with watch from.

Then 2 days later Red Rocks for 2 nights in my home state. I need not say more.

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    AP30511AP30511 Lincoln, NE Posts: 110
    Why was the '95 tour amazing? Because I could actually get tickets? First show was Casper, WY. I was 12 years old and was on the rail for most of the night, getting repeatedly smashed into the rail and having body surfers crash over me. Most amazing musical experience of my life and really makes me miss the old days.
    1998: Rapid City - 2000: Bonner Springs - 2003: Denver, Council Bluffs - 2004: St. Louis - 2005: Calgary, Edmonton - 2006: St. Paul I & II - 2009: Chicago I & II - 2010: Kansas City - 2011: St. Louis (EV) - 2012: Missoula - 2013: Chicago, Oklahoma City - 2014: Lincoln, Denver - 2016: New Orleans - 2018: Seattle I & II - 2022: Chicago II (EV), Denver - 2023: Austin I & II
  • Options
    pazmanpazman Posts: 197
    MsNelly wrote:
    March 18, 1995 - Myer Music Bowl - Melbourne

I can’t talk about why the tour was amazing, because this was the only concert I saw! But this concert was AMAZING, FOR ME, for so many reasons.

It was my first ever rock concert.

I was completely and utterly besotted and obsessed with all things Pearl Jam, including the handsome lead singer OF COURSE. I WAS 14 AND A HUMAN GIRL ;)

I was fortunate enough to sleep out for 2 nights for tickets with my older bestie. Only because my parents were living overseas, I’d come back home to start at boarding school after summer, and I had a SWEETHEARTED older sister who was sympathetic to my PJ obsession . . .

Just sleeping out for the tickets was ridiculous amounts of fun for a 14-year-old. Can you imagine it? All these cool, older boys sleeping right in line with you! Joints being passed around. Beers, bourbon, ciggies, CD players. Singalongs. It was phenomenal.

When the concert came around, I had never been so excited about anything before in my life. Christmas didn’t even compare to this. DID NOT COMPARE.

The concert was about a month or two before I got expelled from said boarding school, so it was pre-expulsion trauma! I hadn’t TOTALLY FUCKED UP YET ;);)

I was there with my best friends who at that stage shared wholeheartedly in my obsession! We were in heaven! (They all still love PJ now, but not like I do. I can see their eyes glaze over when I rant on, which is why I prefer to come and rant on with you lovely people!)

It blew my mind off! We were in the fourth row, which became the first when the front rows jumped down into the small mosh pit.

I could see EVERYTHING. UP CLOSE.

I CRIED.

WE YELLED OUT ‘WE LOVE YOU MIKE’ AND HE WAVED AT US.

EDDIIIIIIIIIIIE barely looked up actually. He was kinda behind his hair. And he certainly didn’t look in our direction! I remember desperately hoping he’d look at me. Just once. But we were probably the types of fans he was disgusted with. Teenage girls. Ah well!

20,000 FANS BROKE DOWN THE FENCE AND CAME INTO THE CONCERT! And they forgot to mention this concert in the PJ20 book, OVERSIGHT.

I CAN’T REMEMBER MUCH ELSE BECAUSE IT WAS 18 YEARS AGO AND I’VE DRUNK TOO MANY VINOS BETWEEN NOW AND THEN!

But all I know was the energy was fucking incredible, they were beyond amazing live and for the next 8 years my friends and I would call each other to wish each other a HAPPY 18th OF MARCH.

Then this year, my beautiful, delectable husband went and found a copy of the concert poster for me for Christmas. It’s small and it probably cost him $25 but it’s the best present he’s ever got me. I cried, again.

:D:D:D

I remember this was on the nightly news! First time I heard of PJ (was only 14).
    Bootlegs from 95 ARE amazing!
    However I do miss camping out for tickets. Did for the 98 tour. Easily one of the best experiences of my life!
    I had it all once I gave it back
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,696

I want you to listen to this one. Loud!! & I mean REAL LOUD!!!

http://gremmie.net/basement/o-z/road-rage/

Road-Rage-A-300x298.jpg

Title : Road Rage
    Label : Oxygen [OXY 072/073]
    Venue : (CD1) – Delta Center: Salt Lake City, UT 11/1/95
    (CD2) 1-9? – Delta Center: Salt Lake City, UT 11/1/95
    (CD2) 10 – live ’95 ?
    (CD2) 11 – Red Rocks: Denver, CO 6/??/95
    (CD2) 12-13 – Marcus Ampitheater: Milwaukee, WI 7/9/95
    Length : 144:28 (CD1 – 72:39, CD2 71:49)
    Source : Monkeywrench Radio broadcast
    Sound : A/A-
    Tracks :

DISC ONE
    1. Go
    2. Animal
    3. Last Exit
    4. Spin the Black Circle
    5. Tremor Christ
    6. Corduroy
    7. Not For You
    8. Lukin
    9. improv
    10. Elderly Woman…
    11. Deep
    12. Dissident
    13. Daughter
    14. Evenflow
    15. Rearviewmirror
    16. I Got ID

DISC TWO
    1. Whipping
    2. Immortality
    3. Alive
    4. Black
    5. Blood
    6. Mosquito
    7. Better Man
    8. Leaving Here
    9. Footsteps
    10. Jeremy (new)
    11. Falling Down
    12. Little Wing / Maggot Brain
    13. Star Boy

:D
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Road-Rage-A-300x298.jpg

(CD2) 10 – live ’95 ?
    Tracks :

DISC ONE
    1. Go
    2. Animal
    3. Last Exit
    4. Spin the Black Circle
    5. Tremor Christ
    6. Corduroy
    7. Not For You
    8. Lukin
    9. improv
    10. Elderly Woman…
    11. Deep
    12. Dissident
    13. Daughter
    14. Evenflow
    15. Rearviewmirror
    16. I Got ID

DISC TWO
    1. Whipping
    2. Immortality
    3. Alive
    4. Black
    5. Blood
    6. Mosquito
    7. Better Man
    8. Leaving Here
    9. Footsteps
    10. Jeremy (new)
    11. Falling Down
    13. Star Boy

done and done my friend! :D what an EPIC show!! holy shit!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    MiiikeMiiike Posts: 436
    pazman wrote:
    MsNelly wrote:
    March 18, 1995 - Myer Music Bowl - Melbourne

I remember this was on the nightly news! First time I heard of PJ (was only 14).
    Bootlegs from 95 ARE amazing!
    However I do miss camping out for tickets. Did for the 98 tour. Easily one of the best experiences of my life!

Wish I'd slept out for the 1998 tour! (But I was no doubt in the boarding house). We got the shittest seats! Always pretty shit, from then until I got the far rail with the ten club in 2009. Now I think back to the ticket girl getting us seats for the Myer Music Bowl that morning 18 years ago, and she was a fucking legend. Fucking legend. Row D. BOOM.

Camping out for tickets now would be so much fun!!! They should bring that shit back. :D:D
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    if you liked the 11/1 show try the 2nd night....much better.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    JMo wrote:
    That tour really shaped me as a Pearl Jam fan. I was lucky (or unlucky) enough to attend the San Francisco show, and then the San Jose show. Both EPIC for different reasons.

The whole experience, from having printed tickets with your name on them, to waiting in line for 12 hours, to the punk rock feeling of the band at the time. I mean, they were as punk rock as you could get for a 50,000 plus in attendance concert!

I was at both shows too!! But I was at cal expo first then the debacle of San Fran.
  • Options
    AP30511 wrote:
    Why was the '95 tour amazing? Because I could actually get tickets? First show was Casper, WY. I was 12 years old and was on the rail for most of the night, getting repeatedly smashed into the rail and having body surfers crash over me. Most amazing musical experience of my life and really makes me miss the old days.

I have to agree, this was a great show! One of my first also, Didn't Bad Religion open? We also were Jacked to find out that GA was on the floor!

Cheese Burgers and special sauce? Does that ring any bells?
  • Options
    This is really starting to bug me...For some reason I remember the opening band at the Casper show, not sure who it was, singing a song, "CHEESE BURGERS AND SPECIAL SAUCE' and throwing cheeseburgers at the crowd?? Ridiculous song, but hilarious! Who was that?
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Road-Rage-A-300x298.jpg

(CD2) 10 – live ’95 ?
    Tracks :

DISC ONE
    1. Go
    2. Animal
    3. Last Exit
    4. Spin the Black Circle
    5. Tremor Christ
    6. Corduroy
    7. Not For You
    8. Lukin
    9. improv
    10. Elderly Woman…
    11. Deep
    12. Dissident
    13. Daughter
    14. Evenflow
    15. Rearviewmirror
    16. I Got ID

DISC TWO
    1. Whipping
    2. Immortality
    3. Alive
    4. Black
    5. Blood
    6. Mosquito
    7. Better Man
    8. Leaving Here
    9. Footsteps
    10. Jeremy (new)
    11. Falling Down
    13. Star Boy

done and done my friend! :D what an EPIC show!! holy shit!!!

Ah yeah!! :) Now download Aussie Dynamos. ;)
    hmm .. it's not up over @ gremmie. Pretty much all those bootlegs up there were my Silver CD > mp3 rips uploaded over @ demonoid.me many year's back. I might aswell upload a copy this Sunday. It is also .. AMAZING!!!

9fmD0.jpg

h6gzw.jpg
  • Options
    This is really starting to bug me...For some reason I remember the opening band at the Casper show, not sure who it was, singing a song, "CHEESE BURGERS AND SPECIAL SAUCE' and throwing cheeseburgers at the crowd?? Ridiculous song, but hilarious! Who was that?

Scollywags
    http://www.fivehorizons.com/tour/cc/t19 ... l#06/16/95
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Scollywags

Thanks!! How does one know that? :D
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Scollywags

Thanks!! How does one know that? :D

You didn't happen to catch one of those cheeseburgers @ that show did ya? :P
  • Options
    That's Awesome! I think my buddy took one in the face!
  • Options
    Aussie Dynamos - I have a bootleg of this bootleg. The JJJ broadcast right? I listened to WMA from The Moore again today. If you guys haven't heard, you must!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Aussie Dynamos - I have a bootleg of this bootleg. The JJJ broadcast right?

It was broadcasted on JJJ radio but this bootleg was sourced from the original soundboard.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Aussie Dynamos - I have a bootleg of this bootleg. The JJJ broadcast right?

It was broadcasted on JJJ radio but this bootleg was sourced from the original soundboard.[/

Not sure where mine was sourced from - do you think the stream over at pearljambootlegs.org is the one?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    1995 really was the last "angsty" year of Pearl Jam. That's why. The danger disappeared. The "Angry Eddie" got calmer.
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    I didn't get to a show in '95 but the tour would be killer for 3 reasons.
    1. Eddie could still fucking scream and sing the songs the way they were meant to be sung.
    2. They hadn't recorded Backspacer yet
    3. No offense because he's good, but Matt wasn't drumming yet. He changed their music bigtime

I love this band. Gimme new record
  • Options
    July 11th 1995 was my first PJ show and the start of a life long addiction! I was an 18 year old kid, and had been to only a few real concerts besides local bands. I was already obsessed with PJ and bootlegs at the time and this was the starting point with me. It is the only tour to date I have my name on my ticket! No ticketmaster, Ed talking about shooting down the helicopters, everything about that show makes me wish I could go back to that day. (oh wait I can killer bootleg!)
    Don't it make you smile?
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    2/21/95 - my first show, Osaka, Japan. Helped pull Ed into the balcony during Porch. :)
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    Which show should I listen to today?
    www.cluthelee.com