Options

Did Vedder ever dis Andy Wood in an interview?

markinsandmarkinsand Posts: 184
edited January 2013 in The Porch
At work this morning talk turns to music and I tell one co-worker who is a casual Pearl Jam fan about Wrigley and she wants more info so she can go... and the other lady gives me a look.

She is a big MLB fan and says she read an article "years ago" where Vedder disses Andy Wood saying he could sing circles around him and on and on......

I don't believe this... can anyone help me out?

Also is there a good youtube vid of Ed talking about Andy prior to playing COTs? Thinking of sending it on if so ;)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    I highly doubt that.
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    KC2917 wrote:
    I highly doubt that.
    Me too.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    Cobain maybe?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    There is no record of that what-so-ever. "Years Ago" remember..
    Ed was so shy, you could hardly get him to look at you as he
    spoke. And he has always been Humble and modest, so no, and
    I own pretty much every article written on both bands!
  • Options
    help me squelch it can anyone point me to some links with positive comments?
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    That's a very un Ed-like comment. He wouldn't say that about anyone, let alone Andy Wood. Maybe if provoked, like if the interviewer had said, "so-and-so says your singing is bla bla bla" then MAYBE he might have a response like that but still, seems highly unlikely.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Show her the PJ20 book man. Those first 2 chapters should help convey the respect he had and has for MLB.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    markinsand wrote:
    I wouldn't bother. She's clearly had her opinion for a few years. Tell her politely she's mistaken but you'd be interested in reading said article. Bet she can't produce it.
  • Options
    theres actually a very early RS interview (93 maybe) where ed talks about how one day hes gonna sing one of andy's songs
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    markinsand wrote:
    I wouldn't bother. She's clearly had her opinion for a few years. Tell her politely she's mistaken but you'd be interested in reading said article. Bet she can't produce it.

no she can't reproduce it... she's a reliable source, she read something at somepoint in time that twisted Vedders words, that I know for sure...

I just wanted to show her it's not true...her opinion can be swayed
  • Options
    Show her the PJ20 book man. Those first 2 chapters should help convey the respect he had and has for MLB.

have it in my nightstand, haven't read it, thanks!
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Suziemay wrote:
    markinsand wrote:
    This was whatI was thinking too! And I know for a fact she can't produce said
    Article, because it doesn't exist. :ugeek:
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    markinsand wrote:
    This was whatI was thinking too! And I know for a fact she can't produce said
    Article, because it doesn't exist. :ugeek:

she's credible, if she wasn't I wouldn't have posted here... my goal is to find positive things to show her... to help support what I told her which was either his words were twisted by a writer or someone was talking about Vedder and Wood and it wasn't actually Vedders comments.

I know like you guys know there's a 99.9% chance he never said such things.
  • Options
    I don't know if this does it, but this is one of my favourite interviews of the band: http://www.fivehorizons.com/archive/art ... 2893.shtml

One part says this:
    "I wonder about Andy," he says. "I relate sometimes. Not the drug part -- I don't need drugs to make my life tragic -- but the fact that things were going so well for him. He didn't know." Vedder pauses. "There's one song of his that I'd be proud to sing. I won't tell you which one. But there was one song of his that always got to me. Someday I'm going to sing it."

And seriously her comment makes no sense at all with the Jeff, Stone and Cornell connection. He was on the Temple of the Dog record for crying out loud, a tribute to Andy Wood.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Let this thread build up a bit more and then show it to her.

What is exceedingly obvious to any and all Pearl Jam fans through our
    love of the band is that Eddie Vedder respected and you could say loved Andy Wood.

Everything I have ever read, seen, or heard about Ed's thoughts about Andy have been positive.

Nate
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    I don't know if this does it, but this is one of my favourite interviews of the band: http://www.fivehorizons.com/archive/art ... 2893.shtml

One part says this:
    "I wonder about Andy," he says. "I relate sometimes. Not the drug part -- I don't need drugs to make my life tragic -- but the fact that things were going so well for him. He didn't know." Vedder pauses. "There's one song of his that I'd be proud to sing. I won't tell you which one. But there was one song of his that always got to me. Someday I'm going to sing it."

And seriously her comment makes no sense at all with the Jeff, Stone and Cornell connection. He was on the Temple of the Dog record for crying out loud, a tribute to Andy Wood.

jackpot thanks!!!!

how does this only have 60 some views?!?! cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4jbhVQiIl8
  • Options
    CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    "everybody misses Andy, we 'll be seeing him in no time ...oh yah, oh yah, oooh yah..."
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Carey wrote:
    "everybody misses Andy, we 'll be seeing him in no time ...oh yah, oh yah, oooh yah..."

bingo.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Carey wrote:

bingo.

;) :thumbup:
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • Options
    I can see maybe Cornell saying something complimentary about Ed when maybe asked to compare to Andy, but that's about it......
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014