******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Shocked!!!!!! Heard 97.5 break the report before Mort. Not sure how I feel at the moment. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO VICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Get used to it...

0.jpg
    :lol: How will it be any different than before?

Ha, well that is largely my point. I am perfectly fine with how they were before :lol:
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

looks like amaro has some competition for worst GM in sports. unfortunately said comp also resides in philly
    Only positive in this is that they now have a great chance to take clowney or marquis lee in the 2014 draft

Remember when people wanted reid gone so roseman could have all the power? :lol::lol::lol:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I want to take a break from all social media and tv until this search is over. I can't stand all these idiot fans and reporters that think they know what's going on behind closed doors. Coaches that get endorsements from other coaches or anyone else could have hidden agendas, same agent, friend, etc... and vice versa.

so true. the reporters are just throwing names against a wall, hoping one sticks.

I don't care who they hire. the foundation of this franchise is broken with reid gone. does anyone have confidence in roseman making player and personnel decisions? I don't see how you can

this is what the fans wanted. it's gonna end badly

I will say that it's mind boggling that they haven't brought in bevell and/or roman. I know that now roman is inevitably going to jax to work for his college roommate, but if they got in front of him during the bye week they might have been able to bring him on board (before caldwell got hired) If the playoff games have shown anything, it's that you need to score points to win in this league. Hiring a defensive coach is dumb

Belichek is a D coach. An offensive coach needs to find a DC and vice versa. I don't think it matters. Reid broke this team when he changed his philosophy. There were too many free agents the last few years.

of course there are exceptions. belichick is one of the best coaches of all time. he has one of the best qbs of all time. he has arguably the best offense in football. teams don't win with defense anymore...you can't with all of the dumb rule changes.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I wonder when the sanctions will be handed down on Oregon?

exactly. this looks like the epitome of a money grab to me. he will be back in cfb within 3 years

yeah, I hate this move. really, really, really hate it

and I will hate it even more if vick stays
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    The Fixer wrote:
    of course there are exceptions. belichick is one of the best coaches of all time. he has one of the best qbs of all time. he has arguably the best offense in football. teams don't win with defense anymore...you can't with all of the dumb rule changes.

I disagree and you have a short memory. What happened in last year's Super Bowl? Good D's win more often than they don't.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I disagree and you have a short memory. What happened in last year's Super Bowl? Good D's win more often than they don't.

giants have a pretty good offense last time I checked
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    enjoy the 3-year chip kelly era. can't see this being a good hire.
    pjhawks wrote:
    You could say this about anyone they hired. I feel a lot better about Kelly than some of the others they could've hired. Order you visor now!! Bunch of Debbie Downers in here.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    when the Bills were talking Kelly, I thought it was a high risk/high reward deal. Likely to fail... but maybe he has such an innovative mind that it will work and defenses wont be able to cope/catch up.

It just seems like he recruits the fastest guys who are physically superior to the opponents and he is great at utilizing the speed advantage to a juggernaut offense. I dont see him able to get the same speed advantage in the level playing field NFL.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    You could say this about anyone they hired. I feel a lot better about Kelly than some of the others they could've hired. Order you visor now!! Bunch of Debbie Downers in here.

what do you like about the hire? ONly positives are that he's an offensive coach and they may be bad enough to get one of the beasts coming out in 2014 (clowney or lee). Here is why I don't like it. I think all are valid points.

1 - zero NFL experience (any time you can get a coach with less nfl experience than your 36 year old gm...well, you have to do it)

2 - never won anything at any level

3 - gimmick offense which wont work in nfl. I have watched oregon a ton over the last few years. His offense is all predicated on speed and mismatches. He might have some success getting mccoy on LBs, but I think his style will struggle in the nfl. If you watched the bowl game vs k st you probably noticed that they called the same pass play on almost half of mariota's dropbacks

4 - will prob keep vick

5 - oregon about to go on probation, which leads me to believe that this is a money grab. he will be back in cfb within 3 years

6 - saban, spurrier, gailey, petrino, etc. shit just doesn't work.

7 - how many chip kelly guys have been drafted into the nfl and had success?

go chiefs
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    I like the decision to hire Kelly and I feel this will be a revival to 2 years of crap. Granted he will probably keep Vick with his style of offense, but all we can do is hope for the better. Sure Kelly doesn't have any NFL experience, but there are coaches WITH NFL experience that get shuffled from team to team and don't accomplish a winning season. Oregon's record with Kelly proves otherwise. Let's hope he can do the same in Philly!
    kiper has the birds taking milliner in the first. I'd be cool with that pick. He definitely fills a need...big, physical corner
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

what do you like about the hire? ONly positives are that he's an offensive coach and they may be bad enough to get one of the beasts coming out in 2014 (clowney or lee). Here is why I don't like it. I think all are valid points.

1 - zero NFL experience (any time you can get a coach with less nfl experience than your 36 year old gm...well, you have to do it)

3 - gimmick offense which wont work in nfl. I have watched oregon a ton over the last few years. His offense is all predicated on speed and mismatches. He might have some success getting mccoy on LBs, but I think his style will struggle in the nfl. If you watched the bowl game vs k st you probably noticed that they called the same pass play on almost half of mariota's dropbacks

4 - will prob keep vick

5 - oregon about to go on probation, which leads me to believe that this is a money grab. he will be back in cfb within 3 years

go chiefs

1st this is why i argued before this past season against firing reid. the candidates and the chances of getting a better coach were low. still a crapshoot but understand the need to go in a new direction now.

really can't argue against any of these points made by Fixer.

one thing i'd add is i really don't like his demeanor. he comes across as kind of a dick.

i think this hire has a much better chance of being a colassal failure than a huge success. i hope to god i'm wrong and will gladly stand up and admit i was if that is the case but don't see it.
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

4 - will prob keep vick

go chiefs

I like the fact that he's single, has no kids and is from the Northeast. Sometimes change is good. Spurrier was an idiot, Saban and Petrino were pussies. Open your mind a little. The NFL is changing. Both the Skins and the 49ers are running the pistol well. This could be horrible or great. If they were going to take a chance, I'd rather them go big rather than settle for a Whisenhunt, Smith, etc....

I heard they have good barbecue in KC. Have fun there. ;)
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Reid and HIS team were so bad the last 2 years he had to go. I'm not a so called Kelly fan but he's not Reid and that to me is a step forward. So all this you wanted Reid gone this is what you get crap is a joke. We sucked under Reid the last 2 yrs,is that forgotten? If Vick stays then i'm 100% not ok with this hire. If Chip can mold an Off similar to what NE uses i'd be all for that. Roseman is far from a guy I trust but as long as Reid is gone i'm willing to give anything a shot.
    Go Birds!!!!
    If Chip can mold an Off similar to what NE uses i'd be all for that.

is it really the offense or the fact that you know they have one of the top 1 or 2 greatest qb's of all time? :roll:
    pjhawks wrote:

is it really the offense or the fact that you know they have one of the top 1 or 2 greatest qb's of all time? :roll:
    It's a fast paced Off. Having Brady makes it better. My point was the speed of the Off seemed to be effective with a slow footed QB.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Not giving the Def time to make changes and running 90+ plays will kill a def linemen quickly. It will also kill your def if it's not effective. I'm not a Kelly fan but i'm curious and I know it can't be any worse then the last 2 years.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Reid and HIS team were so bad the last 2 years he had to go. I'm not a so called Kelly fan but he's not Reid and that to me is a step forward. So all this you wanted Reid gone this is what you get crap is a joke. We sucked under Reid the last 2 yrs,is that forgotten? If Vick stays then i'm 100% not ok with this hire. If Chip can mold an Off similar to what NE uses i'd be all for that. Roseman is far from a guy I trust but as long as Reid is gone i'm willing to give anything a shot.

the 'reid is gone and that's all I care about' stance is mind boggling. If you were making 50k a year would you leave your job to take 30k a year? Or would you trade shady for a lesser back like lagarette blount (kelly guy)?

you wanted reid gone and you got your wish. good luck with that. if anyone wants to place a wager just let me know. Reid will win more games at KC than kelly wins in philly. I'm willing to bet up to a billion dollars
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

4 - will prob keep vick

go chiefs

I like the fact that he's single, has no kids and is from the Northeast. Sometimes change is good. Spurrier was an idiot, Saban and Petrino were pussies. Open your mind a little. The NFL is changing. Both the Skins and the 49ers are running the pistol well. This could be horrible or great. If they were going to take a chance, I'd rather them go big rather than settle for a Whisenhunt, Smith, etc....

I heard they have good barbecue in KC. Have fun there. ;)

my point was and still is that all of the guys you name are lesser coaches than reid. and the college guys had more success than kelly has had

glad you like the move.

I hope they trade for alex smith. They are going to have to make major personnel changes to make this offense work. I'm willing to give the guy a shot, but to say I'm skeptical is the understatement of the century
    pjhawks wrote:

:lol:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

:lol:
    I guess the word SIMILAR was ignored.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    The Fixer wrote:

I hope they trade for alex smith. They are going to have to make major personnel changes to make this offense work. I'm willing to give the guy a shot, but to say I'm skeptical is the understatement of the century

:thumbup: and get rid of vick
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Todd Grantham from Georgia is rumored to bring his 3-4 defense with Chip Kelly.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

giants have a pretty good offense last time I checked
    :?
    ha....well yeah, but they were 9-7 in the regular season while suffering through a bunch of defensive injuries. they got healthy at the end of the year and let up only 14 pts a game all the way through the super bowl.

to say you don't win with defense is foolish when 3 of the 4 final teams right now are lead by former defensive assitants. and the one team that isn't (the 49ers) have had the best defense in the league as far as points allowed. all 4 are in the top 11 in points allowed.

even here--most of reid's good teams benefitted from jim johnson's defenses.

chip kelly is an offensive guy, but they aren't going anywhere unless they revamp this porous defense that andy reid left us with.

regarding chip...he was not the guy i wanted. at all. kind of a let down today, especially after it looked like bradley was the guy.

but people need to give the guy a chance before burying him. people's reactions in this town are always so over the top. today is no different. its so funny. better to be pragmatic about things.

interested to see what his staff looks like.

onward and upward gentlemen...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    having a good defense helps, but the nfl is all about offense these days. it's pretty obvious..especially since you're not allowed to tackle guys anymore.

top 10 nfl defenses this year

pitt
    denver
    sf
    chicago
    seattle
    cincy
    houst
    jets
    carolina

point proven

also, john harbaugh isn't really a defensive coach. he might have coached a defensive position for a year or two with the eagles, but he's not a hardcore defensive guy.

offense predicates whether you win or lose. defense can help you lose games, but it's not going to win in today's nfl. days of trent dilfer types winning super bowls are long gone.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    The Fixer wrote:
    having a good defense helps, but the nfl is all about offense these days. it's pretty obvious..especially since you're not allowed to tackle guys anymore.

top 10 nfl defenses this year

pitt
    denver
    sf
    chicago
    seattle
    cincy
    houst
    jets
    carolina

point proven

also, john harbaugh isn't really a defensive coach. he might have coached a defensive position for a year or two with the eagles, but he's not a hardcore defensive guy.

offense predicates whether you win or lose. defense can help you lose games, but it's not going to win in today's nfl. days of trent dilfer types winning super bowls are long gone.

harbough is not an offensive guy like you insinuated you need now. he coached special teams and the eagles secondary.

also--where did you get that list from? it is not accurate. point's allowed is what you want to look at anyway. you've mentioned this before in the other thread. here are the top 10 (with a link provided):
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/ ... on/defense
    1 San Francisco
    2 Seattle
    3 Chicago
    4 Denver
    5 Atlanta
    6 Houston
    7 Pittsburgh
    8 NY Giants
    9 Cleveland
    10 Baltimore

1 losing team. 7 playoff teams.
    --

now here is your top 10 offensive teams:
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/ ... asontype/2

1 New England
    2 Denver
    3 New Orleans
    4 Washington
    5 Green Bay
    6 NY Giants
    7 Atlanta
    8 Houston
    9 Seattle
    10 Baltimore

1 losing team. 8 playoff teams.

so yeah...just like it's been forever, you need an offense and a defense to win.

and you had no reply for this, but it bears repeating: last year's super bowl winners let up 14 points per game in the playoffs and the super bowl. their defense, once they got healthy, carried them in january last year. just ask one of those guys in their thread.

what's funny is the team you seem to like most in the playoffs, san fran, has the top ranked defense and 11th ranked offense.
    chinese-happy.jpg