Options

No ma'am, I won't register my guns

Comments

• Options
    I meant shotgun, rifle, whatever you need to hunt.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    unsung wrote:
    As long as you can agree that disarming the law-abiding is not involved, by any means.

so, correct me, but are you then saying the law abiding get to keep their automatic assault weapons?
    most shooters in these mass shootings are "law abiding"....

until the day they commit the massacre that is...

that is why these combat ready weapons have no purpose in the hands of your ordinary citizen.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    gun shooting is the number leisure activity for gay guys at the moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixnYHSYzHtk
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    that video would have been much better if he called that man gay one more time.
    promise.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Sounds like a typical psychopath to me.

"I am the man who keeps you free."

"I am the flesh and blood of America."

"You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15.."

he sure does. listen to his interview. total whacko.
    http://video.foxnews.com/v/2078637419001/

emoticon.

http://youtu.be/AOjI6laKGYU

This is a great interview. The end is the best when he tells that dingbat reporter the truth.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

that is why these combat ready weapons have no purpose in the hands of your ordinary citizen.

What is this Minority Report?
  • Options
    I like when he says "we don't live in a utopia"

I guess I am not paranoid, just a realist.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,218
    Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government's right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma'am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.
    I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
    Joshua Boston
    Cpl, United States Marine Corps
    2004-2012
    First off... Thanx for your service to our country... much appreciated.
    That said... if you are legally supposed to register your weapon... and you don't register your weapon... isn't that a crime? And if it is a crime, doesn't that make you a criminal, NOT a Responsible Gun Owner?
    Just askin'.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Ever hear of jury nullification?
  • Options
    unsung wrote:

yeah minority report is exactly what this is... :roll:

i stated a fact. people are law abiding until they commit the crime. what about my statement is it that you are not understanding? it is pretty self explanatory when anyone can legally get a gun, be a legal, law abiding responsible gun owner, and all of that changes the minute they pull the trigger and waste a few innocent people.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,988
    This is exactly why further legislation is a waste of time. There are already laws against murder, but murderers don't seem to care. The laws only give recourse to prosecute criminals, not prevent crime.

Banning guns and/or accessories will only affect those that care about keeping their status as law-abiding citizens.

A good example of this is Columbine. That incident took place in 1999, while the Clinton-era Assault Weapons Ban was in effect. Did it prevent that horrible tragedy?

Nope.

Also, one reason these shooting spree scenarios are effective at killing lots of people is because the victims are defenseless. It doesn't matter if a lunatic has a 5 round magazine or a 50 round magazine. Shooting unarmed people means no one is shooting back. Taking the time to reload doesn't really matter.

One more thing: Owning and driving a car isn't a right that is protected by our Constitution. Keeping and bearing arms is. I am not about to start giving up any rights guaranteed to us. Once they're gone, good luck getting them back.
    unsung wrote:

yeah minority report is exactly what this is... :roll:

i stated a fact. people are law abiding until they commit the crime. what about my statement is it that you are not understanding? it is pretty self explanatory when anyone can legally get a gun, be a legal, law abiding responsible gun owner, and all of that changes the minute they pull the trigger and waste a few innocent people.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 659
    redrock wrote:
    Has there been another school massacre like this in the UK? Nope. And guess what - the UK has one of the lowest rates of gun homicide in the world. Generally, police are unarmed and deaths are minimal. Do citizens live in fear of the lives all the time, everywhere because they can't have guns? Nope.

Just setting the record straight.

Your utopian society sounds delightful. Me, I can't get over the "paranoia". Not sure why, mankind is such an honest, peace loving people. I am sure if/when an "event" happens and my lights are on and belly full, nobody will try to steal from me if I am unarmed. I mean, how long does someone go without food and water before they start to feel a bit antsy? Must be a long time eh?

Just an example, to set the record straight.

Come on man, you've just been called out for mis representing the facts and you come up with the above (which has nothing what so ever to do with the case you so readily produced).

What is it with some of you, simple facts debunk so much of what you say, I'd have assumed by now that you would atleast google your propaganda to see if it stands the test of an inital fact check that a 4 year old could do. It's getting really silly.

Having said that, if you took a more intelligent stance on debating, I fear the comical value of AMT would be dimished, so on second thought, never mind, your ignorance amuses me
  • Options
    hostishostis Posts: 441
    Glorified G is so true.
  • Options
    why do gun bans work in some countries and don't work in others. the uk was just brought up as an example. why does it work there and not in mexico? and why will it work in the u.s?
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options
    why do gun bans work in some countries and don't work in others. the uk was just brought up as an example. why does it work there and not in mexico? and why will it work in the u.s?

culture
    entitlement
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

You refer to Mexico... but I think it's fair to say that there is a broad level of lawlessness that the good people there must deal with. I would venture to say that the majority of shootings Mexico suffers are related to organized crime. It's a whole other ball game there.

For an accurate comparison... look to the UK or your northern neighbour for gun control success.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/ma ... s-analysis
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Mexico gets their illegal guns from the Obama Administration.
  • Options
    unsung wrote:
    and from prior adminstrations too.

don't play it like obama is the only guilty one.

if he had not allowed fast and furious you people would be bitching saying he is not doing enough...

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    dudeman wrote:
    Also, one reason these shooting spree scenarios are effective at killing lots of people is because the victims are defenseless. It doesn't matter if a lunatic has a 5 round magazine or a 50 round magazine. Shooting unarmed people means no one is shooting back. Taking the time to reload doesn't really matter.

Hey dudeman, I did hear that the Arizona shooter (rep. Giffords) was tackled as he was reloading after shooting off 30+ rounds. Had the limit been 10-12 rounds a few years earlier, there's a chance lives could have been saved in my opinion... just a though. I know, I know, he could've went out and found 4 guns...but at least its no 30+ constant rounds.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,948
    dudeman wrote:

Hey dudeman, I did hear that the Arizona shooter (rep. Giffords) was tackled as he was reloading after shooting off 30+ rounds. Had the limit been 10-12 rounds a few years earlier, there's a chance lives could have been saved in my opinion... just a though. I know, I know, he could've went out and found 4 guns...but at least its no 30+ constant rounds.

This is a great point.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    JimmyV wrote:
    dudeman wrote:

This is a great point.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    VA tech shooter had handguns.

great point.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    unsung wrote:
    No, they buy them from Republican Gun shop owners in Texas.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Who were told by the ATF to sell them to them. Try and keep up.
  • Options
    unsung wrote:
    Who were told by the ATF to sell them to them. Try and keep up.
    Keep up? Really?

Of the total guns in Mexico that were imported from the US illegally, what percentage came from legal gun shops and what percentage came from "Obama"?
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    I don't know. I do know that hundreds are dead because of this program and that's been proven.
  • Options
    unsung wrote:
    I don't know. I do know that hundreds are dead because of this program and that's been proven.
    Soooo whats your best guess. Of the thousand so guns brought into Mexico, what percentage, if you had a good bet on it, would you think came from paranoid republican gun owned shops and what percentage came from fast and furious? You just posted that guns in Mexico came from Obama.
  • Options
    I don't know and I don't care. It's irrelevant.

I find it very hypocritical that this government wants to take them away from the law abiding but has no problem supplying drug cartels.
  • Options
    unsung wrote:
    I don't know and I don't care. It's irrelevant.

I find it very hypocritical that this government wants to take them away from the law abiding but has no problem supplying drug cartels.
    You stated the guns came from Obama and yes the Administration attempted to cut the stem of guns from Legal Republican Gun Shop owners who profit to this day by selling to people that send these guns to Mexico. Yes they fked up....as the government does but its because of republican gun owned shops and all those that support them that this happened.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-574 ... ince-2006/
  • Options
    unsung wrote:

how? I thought guns didn't kill people.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014