Merry Xmas-ish

mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
edited January 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
Sometimes we get gear(and feel free to share), and sometimes we get something else. But regardless, happy holidays to everyone who shares a question, answer, opinion, hypothesis, or bad idea with the rest of our little tribe.

-MiG, aka Dave
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• So far Santa has only dropped off a Lava cable super coil 35 ft cable... But the other family function is tonight...

Oh and then there is the 74 bassman I bought that is currently at Phathead Ampflication being transformed into a blackface circuit... Yes my plan is to actually use it for bass at smaller venues... I like a little break up in my tone
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Happy Holidays to all the M's&G's regulars and anybody else that happens to read this.

Scored some picks and strings with an amazon gift card and I'm gonna dip my toes into the self build pool. Got and Klon-ish od kit and all the tools for such an undertaking. Buddy built one and it sounds amazing so he's gonna help me get started and through any trouble I may have.
  • veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    My Xmas should have had me unwrapping a silver sparkle Gretsch Jet but the seller weirded out at the last minute and it wasn't to be. Still had a great time with my wife and kids, ate some nice food and drank some fine beverages. I did get the Led Zep Celebration Day CD/DVD set which is as good a substitute as any for yet another guitar... ;) Still trying to find a good deal on an Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black Beauty!

Happy holidays to you all.... :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    I was planing buying me an 8 track digital recorder but it seems that i have to pass it for next Christmas :evil:
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone !
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Santa brought my dad home from the hospital and a call from the local fire dept. letting me know that they have decided to hire me as a firefighter (thus achieving a dream).
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    deftones wrote:
    I was planing buying me an 8 track digital recorder but it seems that i have to pass it for next Christmas :evil:
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone !
    ...but when I woke up Santa had left me a guitar bag with a brand new semi hollow Ibanez AS93!!! :D I love my wife...I mean Santa :D
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Santa brought my dad home from the hospital and a call from the local fire dept. letting me know that they have decided to hire me as a firefighter (thus achieving a dream).
    Great news!!! Glad you're dad is okay and congrats on the job!!!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Gibson bestowed gracious gifts upon lefties by beginning to make a bunch of cool stuff in left-handed. I have a white Firebird V on order. No upcharge. I've wanted a Firebird forever. I'm amazed they're doing it finally.

This, but bass-ackwards.

DSF10CWCH1-Finish-Shot.jpg
  • exhausted wrote:
    Gibson bestowed gracious gifts upon lefties by beginning to make a bunch of cool stuff in left-handed. I have a white Firebird V on order. No upcharge. I've wanted a Firebird forever. I'm amazed they're doing it finally.

This, but bass-ackwards.

Sweet I used to play with a guy (cough... 14 years ago) that used one. Always sounded good, just was unbalanced.

Gibson is doing some good things, and some odd things recently. They finally released a non reverse T-bird, but they went and put all black hardware on it for some stupid reason...
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    exhausted wrote:

This, but bass-ackwards.

Beauty! Can't wait to see pics on facebook!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    I have no idea what the wait time is going to be but I know production has started. A few have been delivered in the states.

The Jag-Stang looks great btw.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    exhausted wrote:
    I have no idea what the wait time is going to be but I know production has started. A few have been delivered in the states.

The Jag-Stang looks great btw.
    Thanks! Fun little guitar.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    Great news!!! Glad you're dad is okay and congrats on the job!!!
    Thank you!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy