Options

usa post office tracking system

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
edited December 2012 in Lost Dogs
anyone has an issue lately?

when i sent a Registered mail with trackng number from Greece to Usa,from the moment arrive to Athens -Greece airport,i can track it at usa post office website..
from the moment the hit the barcode that its a package for usa,its on the usa post office system..

the last 2 weeks i sent 3 packages and their tracking system and all show to be still in Greece and the Greece post office told me that ar in the states from november 29th..

5 min ago,i got a mail..that 1 of the 3 just arrive to illonois home destination(btw,all 3 goes to the same address..)

anyone has problem tracking a package the last 2 weeks?
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,895
    Everything with the post office slows down this time of year due to the holidays. Everyone's sending so many packages and it's taking longer to ship (and probably track as well). I recently sent something to somebody that was going priority just across town in Los Angeles. Normally, it would be there the very next day but this time of year, it took the full 3 days that priority mail guarantees just to get across the city.

The thing that's most discouraging to me is the general lack of care the post office has in delivering things. Lately, I've been told numerous times that packages I'm sending will be bent regardless of labeling them "Fragile" or "Do Not Bend." I understand there's a large volume of things being shipped, and I'm not expecting my item to be individually hand delivered but with postage rates going up it would be nice if they at least tried to take a little care in shipping things.
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:
    Everything with the post office slows down this time of year due to the holidays. Everyone's sending so many packages and it's taking longer to ship (and probably track as well). I recently sent something to somebody that was going priority just across town in Los Angeles. Normally, it would be there the very next day but this time of year, it took the full 3 days that priority mail guarantees just to get across the city.

The thing that's most discouraging to me is the general lack of care the post office has in delivering things. Lately, I've been told numerous times that packages I'm sending will be bent regardless of labeling them "Fragile" or "Do Not Bend." I understand there's a large volume of things being shipped, and I'm not expecting my item to be individually hand delivered but with postage rates going up it would be nice if they at least tried to take a little care in shipping things.
    i understand the holiday season,but for deliver a Registered mail that need to be signed to deliver,its automatic the system with the barcodes,postman get it from the post office to deliver it means the town post office accept it and hit ther barcode....so must be see it at online system..
    the weird is ,cos i sent to that address 30-40 maybe more packages, and alqways be like this
    1.Athens airport
    2.New York Facilities
    3.Chicago ohare facilities(not always.
    4. at illinois town final destination..
    5.left note if wasnt home
    6.delivered.

always like that..from moment arrive at unit ,hit barcode was in the tracking system..
    i understand late delivery cos of holidays..
    the only idea i have is maybe hurricane hit their new york facilities and the system is down
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,856
    D: I spoke to a client last week who'd been having some difficulties. He said several mail sorting facilities had closed which resulted in him having a couple of checks lost in the mail. Hope everything you're sending or receiving makes it to the intended destination!
  • Options
    jjflash wrote:
    D: I spoke to a client last week who'd been having some difficulties. He said several mail sorting facilities had closed which resulted in him having a couple of checks lost in the mail. Hope everything you're sending or receiving makes it to the intended destination!
    2 min ago i got confirmation in mail from usa post office that the item i already knew arrived at destinaiion
    was like this..
    Athens Greece airport unit
    St Joseph,Illinois unit
    St Joseph,Illinois delivered..

strange no middle stops,or checking...weird
    atleast it arrived