Options

I badly want this guitar...

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
edited October 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syR-oIwLOfE

Very versatile!
Plus I am a huge Cobain fan.
What do you all think?
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    I was saving intensely for one and then took a good hard look at a right-handed one in person and the desire went away.

The relicing is terribly executed and ruins the whole thing. If it had been done well, or not at all, it would have been must more tempting after seeing it in person. The neck binding is still bright white and doesn't fit in with the rest of the guitar. The way the finish checking on the headstock was *over* the logo and not affecting it. etc. etc.

I went with a Cobain mustang instead but it, like all mustangs, didn't stick for me either.

But at least they're making them left-handed.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,157
    looks pretty awesome. i wish there was one around here that i could get my hands on and play it for a bit.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    i saw that there are some on ebay and guitarcenter.com has them too. they are about $1200 us.

i might order one if i can't check it out and play one first. i know that if you get it from guitar center you can always return it if you don't like it.

just when i thought i did not want or need any more guitars.... :fp:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I'd rather get the 'regular' Jaguar HH... My Classic Player Jazzmaster is my go to guitar at the moment, and would expect the jag to be of similar quality.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    well boys, i'm a dumbass... grade a dumb ass....

i went out for dinner tonight for my nephew's birthday and guitar center was right next to the restaurant. i figured, "i'll stop in guitar center and see if they have one of those cobain jaguars..." i went in there thinking it would be "no", because that place has never ever once had a guitar in stock that i wanted to check out. i always had to special order them. at any rate, i walk in there and over in the fender section, in the very top row, buried amongst the other cheeper jaguars, is the cobain jaguar. having never played a jag, i figured "ok, i will check it out and see what it is all about." so the guy climbed up the ladder and he handed it to me and he said "this thing is really awesome.." the price tag said $1299 but it was marked down to $1099. i plugged it in and was immediately confused by all of the switches and knobs and rolly knobs. i'm a les paul guy because i like things simple...it took me forever to figure out what did what.... i plugged into a little marshall tube head and played around for a bit. i was surprised at how amazingly clean the tone was and at how dirty it could get. it was much more versatile than i had imagined. i was going to have the guy put it back and i was going to go home and think about it for a few days because i have a terrible habit of impulse buying.... i asked the guy if anyone has shown any interest in it. He said "no, it has been here for months. it was last serviced by the tech in july." i said "go ahead and put it back and i will go home and think about it." and he said "ok, but if you buy it before november 1 we will knock another $200 off." and i was like "damn, $899? with no payment or interest for 6 months? fuck it..." and i bought it. i had not bought a new guitar in 5 years and i was kind of bored with my collection, so i bought this one tonight. i need to have my tech take a look at it and set it up because there is a little buzzing, but i am really happy with how it sounds. i am not trying to arm twist him, but i think the op might want to try to take a look at one of these and give it a ride. i got this one for $899, and for "rocktober" they knocked $200 off of their sale price. it is a bargain and i look forward to plugging it in to my gig rig tomorrow. i need a new guitar like i need a hole in my head, but i'm SOOO stoked right now...

• Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    How could you pass up an $899 Jag? Congrats on your new axe, I'm sure she's a beaut.
  • Options
    How could you pass up an $899 Jag? Congrats on your new axe, I'm sure she's a beaut.
    that was exactly what i was thinking. i figured i would never be able to get it for that cheap again so i felt i had to jump on it.

she is pretty, and she is much heavier than i had expected. i took some pics and posted them on my facebook which is on my forum profile page. i don't want to mess with resizing them to post here.

• Options
    I'll have to check that out when I get home tonight. If I were to get a Fender it'd probably be a Jag, they're a fine instrument.
  • Options
    I'll have to check that out when I get home tonight. If I were to get a Fender it'd probably be a Jag, they're a fine instrument.
    i don't know why i never really thought about them before. i always loved the way they look. maybe i was intimidated by all of the controls. things like that creep me out because it seems too complicated to me. i like things simple. single channel amps, minimal pedals, and minimal knobs and stuff on guitars etc lol..

• Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Check out Jazzmasters too! Tone is something that's definitely it's own.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    Check out Jazzmasters too! Tone is something that's definitely it's own.

Jazzmasters are my #2 Fender. I've never been much of a Strat guy, but I can see myself with a Jag, a Jazz, or a Tele.
  • Options
    i don't know why i never really thought about them before. i always loved the way they look. maybe i was intimidated by all of the controls. things like that creep me out because it seems too complicated to me. i like things simple. single channel amps, minimal pedals, and minimal knobs and stuff on guitars etc lol..
    Ah, that's where you and I differ. I like a simple tone, but design-wise I love the complex/out of the ordinary.
  • Options
    Ah, that's where you and I differ. I like a simple tone, but design-wise I love the complex/out of the ordinary.
    i am so used to the 3 position switch on a les paul. i have my amp cranked, play the rhythm pickup with volume down for clean and flip it down to treble with pickup vol dimed for distortion. little did i know that there is a kill switch on this guitar that disables that switch :lol: i was playing the guitar in the store toggling that switch and i was like "WTF?!?!?" when nothing was changing :lol:

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Congratulations on your purchase and thank you for taking the time to write about it.
    I am glad it hasn't let you down.
    I am not sure which stores here sell them, need to make some calls.
    I want to try before spending $1300.
    So tempted to get one.
    My strat isn't crunchy enough, or maybe it's my Line 6 amp hmmm
    I want a more heavy punk/metal sound.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options

I'll agree with the keep it simple... Heck i like single pick-up guitars :D

But the guitar is cool.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    that was exactly what i was thinking. i figured i would never be able to get it for that cheap again so i felt i had to jump on it.

she is pretty, and she is much heavier than i had expected. i took some pics and posted them on my facebook which is on my forum profile page. i don't want to mess with resizing them to post here.
    Finally got around to checking out the pics. Very nice. I hope it sounds as good as it looks.
  • Options

Finally got around to checking out the pics. Very nice. I hope it sounds as good as it looks.
    thanks man.

yeah it sounds better than it looks i think. it is at the shop getting set up now so i should have it back in the next few days. can't wait to break it out at our next show. it might overtake the guitar in my profile pic to become my number 1...i never would have imagined that happening..