Options

Homicidal Tendencies

maribeth3777maribeth3777 Posts: 19
edited September 2012 in Poetry, Prose, Music & Art
This hospital is a fucking joke.
Especially for the sick who are broke.
No money to line the pockets of the rich?
Bend over, no lube, 'Take that Bitch!'

Time stands still here in the land of the lost.
The reward never quite as great as the cost.
'Eye View' is a royal pain in my ass.
The arrogant doctors with no class.

So do I play the game or sit on the bench?
Wait silently with a loaded gun in the trench?
Or fool them all and simply pretend the old me has returned?
Fuck it, I'll light a match and watch the motherfucker burn!

****Note this was my therapy for my recent stay in the mental ward after having a complete psychosis due to my bipolar... Do yourself a favor - if you're sick and don't have insurance... You may want to rethink goin' into the hospital - they seemed to only care whether I could pay... As you can see by my words... I was more than upset... And this is because our government has cut funding for people with no insurance (mainly the unemployed, like myself, who once had an average income... This is the America we have become and it is sad to me that our 'elected' leaders are fucking it all up! Whether we are physically or mentally sick, the ability to pay should not determine how we are treated by the doctors and nurses that treat our illness... I had the most awful experience... I know not all hospitals are the same, but never being without insurance before, I didn't understand how bad a patient can be treated, simply because they have no insurance - I plan to pay my hospital bill as soon as I can... They treated me like a deadbeat - one doctor even said - 'you don't have insurance, do you think your treatment will be free?' Mind you I wasn't in the best frame of mind - but I knew enough to know he was a a**hole. And you don't really want to piss off a patient that is in a psychosis with Homicidal Tendencies... just sayin... Sorry I had to get that off my chest...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    did anybody give you any contact info for medical or finical help to pay the hosiptal bill ? or even get treatment at another hosiptal ?

Homicidal Tendencies....this may sound goofy but if you have any logical thoughts use them to remember that you're sick and the Homicidal thoughts you may have are a condition of your illness, I know it must not be ez but at the end of the day nobody knows you better than you..every thought and all your dreams so if you can use what is strong inside of you to control what is not strong enough.
    you might think I'm talking out of my ass (and you could be right :D ) but what do you have to lose by trying ?
    judging by your post I would say you have great logic and strong qualitys I hope you use them.

Godfather.
  • Options
    for some reason it made me think of institutionalized (the song) when I saw the title.

"Globalization" is painful for prosperous nations, yet in theory gives the poor nations a better means of supporting themselves. What it really does is create billionaires in countries where people have no rights or voice, and takes away the voice of the "rich" nations because they become more indebted to a dwindling bank account.

I have had the courage to walk away from society...just not the strength to never come back.
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key