Options

Pearl Jam to Perform at Midtown Music 2012

Comments

• Options
    Back from night 1... Foo Fighters were good, but the Avett Brothers stole the show tonight.

Ready for Pearl Jam tomorrow!
    Columbus 2010 - Atlanta 2012 - Charlotte 2013
  • Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    Avett Brothers and Joan Jett= Awesome!

Foo Fighters---first time seeing them live and it just confirmed to me, at least, that Dave Grohl is a fake. Nothing he says or does seems very authentic to me. But hey that is just me and ofcourse I'm biased. Man, great set at Deluna:) Now those Avett Brother----jamming for real---nothing fake about those dudes
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Joshoeuh wrote:
    Back from night 1... Foo Fighters were good, but the Avett Brothers stole the show tonight.

Ya, we got in to atlanta late, but took a walk down to the park and were able to get a little sneak peak of the Foo fighters from the street... Heard the crowd singing there goes my hero from a few blocks away, sounded pretty cool :D

Would've really liked to see Avett brother though.....but I am so ready for Pearl Jam tomorrow !

How was the set up in the park ?
  • Options
    yellowwho wrote:
    Joshoeuh wrote:

Ya, we got in to atlanta late, but took a walk down to the park and were able to get a little sneak peak of the Foo fighters from the street... Heard the crowd singing there goes my hero from a few blocks away, sounded pretty cool :D

Would've really liked to see Avett brother though.....but I am so ready for Pearl Jam tomorrow !

Stages were close enough together that you could hear one from the other pretty clearly... The crowd was large but I didn't feel as crazy claustrophic as I was at Lollapalooza last year... That was a poor first festival experience for me.

If you want beer, you will have no shortage of opportunities to buy.

Overall, everything seemed pretty smooth, and exiting the park was a breeze for me at least. I was expecting to get stuck in the park once the show was over, but we got right out.
    Columbus 2010 - Atlanta 2012 - Charlotte 2013
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Joshoeuh wrote:
    yellowwho wrote:
    Joshoeuh wrote:

Stages were close enough together that you could hear one from the other pretty clearly... The crowd was large but I didn't feel as crazy claustrophic as I was at Lollapalooza last year... That was a poor first festival experience for me.

If you want beer, you will have no shortage of opportunities to buy.

Overall, everything seemed pretty smooth, and exiting the park was a breeze for me at least. I was expecting to get stuck in the park once the show was over, but we got right out.

Cool, Thanks for the info ! Sounds like it was a good time.

I'm going to get up bright and early tomorrow, so I can check out the town and get a good spot at the festival.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Have fun tonight everybody!! Wish I was there....
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Tonight's The Night!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Been looking forward to today for 5 months, and now zero sleeps until Pearl Jam. Thanks God.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Have fun tonight everybody!! Wish I was there....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    R-Dub81R-Dub81 Posts: 374
    No shortage of places to buy beer and food, that's for sure. At $10 a beer, and $5 a slice of pizza, I suggest grabbing food and pre game before you go in.

Now as for Porto Johns, when you feel the slightest urge, go get in line. I missed most of Avett Bros due to the 45 min wait.
    "Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    08 - Columbia, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hartford
    10 - Kansas City, Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
  • Options
    Omg. 45 min for the loo. I bet the lady-loo is longer. Maybe yell that u have explosive diarrhea. LOL
    WELL IT IS 0940 here, gonna head out soon. We ate at Hard Rock last night & while we were there, Jeremy & Amongst the Waves came on. I heard some fans woop with happiness, wanted to come say hi, but couldnt see who it came from. So if that was u: HIII!!!! :) t-minus 11 hours, 20 minutes. Everyone have fun & be safe!
  • Options
    Omg. 45 min for the loo. I bet the lady-loo is longer. Maybe yell that u have explosive diarrhea. LOL
    WELL IT IS 0940 here, gonna head out soon. We ate at Hard Rock last night & while we were there, Jeremy & Amongst the Waves came on. I heard some fans woop with happiness, wanted to come say hi, but couldnt see who it came from. So if that was u: HIII!!!! :) t-minus 11 hours, 20 minutes. Everyone have fun & be safe]

We are about to head out and look for something to do to kill some time ourselves. If you see a guy in a Carolina panthers visor and a record spacer shirt, stop me and say hi
    "Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
  • Options
    R-Dub81 wrote:
    WELL IT IS 0940 here, gonna head out soon. We ate at Hard Rock last night & while we were there, Jeremy & Amongst the Waves came on. I heard some fans woop with happiness, wanted to come say hi, but couldnt see who it came from. So if that was u: HIII!!!! :) t-minus 11 hours, 20 minutes. Everyone have fun & be safe]

We are about to head out and look for something to do to kill some time ourselves. If you see a guy in a Carolina panthers visor and a record spacer shirt, stop me and say hi

Will do! I'm not sure what shirt I'm wearing - either Analog
    or black Spectrum shirt. I have "I AM MINE" up the back of my right leg that u can't miss though! This is my hubby's first show, he didnt even really know who PJ was til we married (a year ago next month). Thank God he has seen the light (uhhh oh oh ohhh :singing:) LOL anyway, my name is April, so just holler!
  • Options
    Any meetups today? I'll be in my binaural skirt... 3 crooked hearts tattoo on the back of my ankle... Would love to meet up...
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    Any meetups today? I'll be in my binaural skirt... 3 crooked hearts tattoo on the back of my ankle... Would love to meet up...

We went to taco Mac yesterday, not bad but not the greatest place either. We may try some other restaurants in that area.

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
  • Options
    59fender59fender Statesville NC Posts: 46
    Great show by the foo and Avett bros last night. But woke up this morning at the hotel without water due to a water main break!! Not sure when it will be fixed. Oh we'll I'm seeing PJ tonight, shower or not!!
  • Options
    We ended up at frogs cantina behind the park. Seems good

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
  • Options
    People have been so kind to help me - thanks everyone! I have received a few texts. Got things organized last night in the end! Thanks so much to people willing to help! You guys are wonderful!!!!!!!

The Foo Fighters were really great. So glad I went. I loved them before...but love them even more now. Dave Grohl was awesome...and that band sounded good and worked really hard. Great performance!
  • Options
    Does anyone know what time PJ is taking the stage tonight?
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Watching Civil Twilight now.. Very good
  • Options
    59fender59fender Statesville NC Posts: 46
    Laroux1994 wrote:
    Does anyone know what time PJ is taking the stage tonight?

PJ starts at 9 and should play to 11. Set list from deluna fest looked incredible. Hope midtown gets just as incredible show!! Looks like they were allowed more time at deluna, that what is allotted for them in ATL. The Foo finished up right at 11 last night, so I don't expect PJ to play much past the 11 o clock mark:( Hope they will anyway!! I'll pitch in $20 toward any fines for violation of stupid ass noise ordinances!! Can't wait ready to rock, this will be me and my fiancé 2nd PJ show!! Hope this one tops the last!!
  • Options
    Any posters left?
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    Jason's Deli on 10th St NE was very tasty last night, I ate there before going seeing the Foo Fighters last night.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    weather is great,people enjoying alot the fastival so far :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    weather is great,people enjoying alot the fastival so far :)

excited to see the setlist roll in!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    well that was fucking awesome. lets do it again
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    well that was fucking awesome. lets do it again
    thats the spirit!~~
  • Options
    We had a great time in ATL. Went to the Aquarium, saw some sights, got good Southern grub at Mary Mac's Tea Room and had an awesome Chai Tea at J Christopher's! The best Chai Tea ever. Oh and there was this really good Pearl Jam concert... ;)
  • Options
    The show last night was great! Got probably within 20 ft of the stage. It was crazy down there! It was my first PJ concert and we had a blast! Looking forward to seeing EV in Jacksonville in November.
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Rail on Mike's side right in front of Mike - no joke. Needless to say, what a show and what a great time I had even though my body is in pain from standing and being packed in like a sardine for close to 12 hours.

Great energy, great performance, great crowd. PJ killed it.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14