Options

For sale: Benaroya Hall *SEALED* Vinyl Set

mulelidmulelid Posts: 6
edited September 2012 in Lost Dogs
*** This Benny is gone...it now lives somewherein Sweden***

Hey guys.

I'm looking to sell my sealed Benaroya vinyl, #0408. I'm selling it for two reasons - one, the cash obviously, and two, I've come to realise it's not really doing much for me just having it stored away somewhere...

The set is obviosly never used, still sealed in the original plastic wrapping from the 10club, hence in excellent condition. The only issues are one corner where the outer casing and the vinyl sleeves inside of it has been dented, and another corner where the outer casing has a dent. Both caused by the shipping from 10 Club. I have pictures that show it (and more) - PM me and I will email them for you if you want.

I'm looking to get $1500 for it - it's a lot of $, but from what I've seen other sealed (and unsealed) Bennys go for, it's not outrageous.

Shipping will be included in that price, but for that I have a few questions I hope you guys can help me with - I've never sold/shipped anything like this.
I'm shipping from Norway, and the norwegian mail has a few options. Is shipping like a regular package with a tracking number the "standard" way to do this, or is insurance or some other shipping method pretty much mandatory for shipments like this?
I will of course pack it in such a way that it's absolutely safe on it's journey :)

>>Edit: I upped the price to $1500 after being told that's more along the value. If this is frowned upon or against the rules (I've not had any takers yet), then I'll take the post down...

-Chris.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,575
    edited September 2012
    mulelid wrote:
    Shipping will be included in that price, but for that I have a few questions I hope you guys can help me with - I've never sold/shipped anything like this.
    I'm shipping from Norway, and the norwegian mail has a few options. Is shipping like a regular package with a tracking number the "standard" way to do this, or is insurance or some other shipping method pretty much mandatory for shipments like this?
    I will of course pack it in such a way that it's absolutely safe on it's journey :)

I would highly recommend having the package insured for the full amount - the buyer may have additional import/customs charges as a result. You can't take the risk on such a high-value item. I suggest EMS express priority airmail service from Norway Mail that will provide a tracking number, speedy global delivery, insurance, and signature required as proof of delivery. This way, both the seller and buyer are protected in case there are any issues.
    Post edited by 100 Pacer on
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    mulelid wrote:
    Hey guys.

I'm looking to sell my sealed Benaroya vinyl, #0408. I'm selling it for two reasons - one, the cash obviously, and two, I've come to realise it's not really doing much for me just having it stored away somewhere...

The set is obviosly never used, still sealed in the original plastic wrapping from the 10club, hence in excellent condition. The only issue is a dented corner on the outer casing, and dented corners on the vinyl sleeves inside of it, caused by the shipping from 10 Club (see pictures to see what it looks like).

I'm looking to get $1000 for it - it's a lot of $, but from what I've seen other sealed (and unsealed) Bennys go for, it's not outrageous.

OK - I was gonna post some pictures here, but I see that I can only post pictures from the web :?
    PM me your email if you want me to send you the pictures of it - they show the dent on the corner, and the rest of this beauty..!

-Chris.

You can get more than $1000 if you need the cash.....
  • Options
    dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 674
    When you ship it make sure you double box it so it doesn't get all beat up during shipping. That's what they do with all fine art! Good luck :D
    Paul D.
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    I would highly recommend having the package insured for the full amount - the buyer may have additional import/customs charges as a result. You can't take the risk on such a high-value item. I suggest EMS express priority airmail service from Norway Mail that will provide a tracking number, speedy global delivery, insurance, and signature required as proof of delivery. This way, both the seller and buyer are protected in case there are any issues.

Thank you for the advice, will take it to heart :) Will of course also listen to the buyer's preferance regarding tax/customs etc...

dugangsxr wrote:
    When you ship it make sure you double box it so it doesn't get all beat up during shipping. That's what they do with all fine art! Good luck :D

Thanks - will do :)
  • Options
    mulelid wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:

Thank you for the advice, will take it to heart :) Will of course also listen to the buyer's preferance regarding tax/customs etc...

If you undervalue the shipment you are putting yourself at risk should the buyer initiate any sort of claim.

Don't do it.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    100 Pacer wrote:

If you undervalue the shipment you are putting yourself at risk should the buyer initiate any sort of claim.

Don't do it.

very true.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    mfc2006 wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:

Don't do it.

very true.

Very true indeed. Be careful!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:

Don't do it.

very true.

Very true indeed. Be careful!

Could one of you explain in more detail what it is you mean? Are you referring to the value it's insured for, or something else?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    if u sell this in europe or at usa i dont think wil have any problem the buyer with taxes..
    atleast that hapen here when i ship something,never fill a form of the
    same when i receive from europe,no form on the package
    but ship it with the best way u can ,tracking number,Registered mail,with insurance if there is an option
    so both u and seller be safe
    when someone pays so much money on an item,i dont think 10-20-30$ more at shipping cost is an issue
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    What they mean is make sure you use the top of the line shipping option with tracking and insurance.

Selling and shipping an expensive item can be risky.

What if the item gets lost or stolen?
    What if the item gets destroyed on the way?
    What if the buyer claims he never got it?

By using the best (most expensive I'm sure), shipping option you lessen your risk of the above things happening.
  • Options
    mulelid wrote:
    Could one of you explain in more detail what it is you mean? Are you referring to the value it's insured for, or something else?

Yes, the value insured which goes hand in hand with the value declared.

For example, if the item is sold for $1,250 but only $100 worth of insurance is included with the priority express postage you purchase then the onus is on you to purchase the additional insurance required to cover the value declared. That way if something were to happen to the package while in transit and the buyer initiates a Paypal claim against you and a refund is claimed you are able to initiate a claim through the postal insurance and get money back on your end.

• Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Yes, the value insured which goes hand in hand with the value declared.

For example, if the item is sold for $1,250 but only $100 worth of insurance is included with the priority express postage you purchase then the onus is on you to purchase the additional insurance required to cover the value declared. That way if something were to happen to the package while in transit and the buyer initiates a Paypal claim against you and a refund is claimed you are able to initiate a claim through the postal insurance and get money back on your end.

Thanks..I'll make sure to insure it for the full amount then!