Options

Force of nature

traceysimpsontraceysimpson Posts: 326
Just wanted to share what happened to me today..... @ home doing the usual everyday things after dropping the kids at school and decided that today I was in the backspacer mood...so popped it on and hit random...anyway went about my business....Force of nature came on 3rd song on.....Well I made it till 3.19 when Mike's solo came on, and I litterally dropped what I was carrying....and out of nowhere started crying....just loved that piece of music... I know not everyone likes this album, I didn't either when it was first released, but I have a great affinity towards it now, and it is growing stronger every day.

Yes I have cried at other PJ songs, but never been hit like this before.....Just wanted to share this with you guys, because although my other half likes PJ, he is nowhere near my level, and if I told him this he just wouldn't get it, and I'm pretty sure you guys understand.
Sydney Ent Centre: 10/03/1995

All the rusted signs we ignore thoughout our lives
Choosing the shiny ones instead
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,455
    You came to the right place my dear. This is a place where men and women alike cry at one time or another while listening to PJ's music. FON is an awesome song and goes well with ATW. Two powerful songs off an awesome recording. Cheers.
  • Options
    Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
    Backspacer will become (or is becoming) another one of those "underrated" PJ albums ... like some other PJ albums before it. I love it.... and I have been there from the beginning.

I love the OPs post.. I had a similar moment with Just Breathe the other day at work. Awesome.
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • Options
    Force of Nature is my favorite song from Backspacer, and also my all time favorite PJ song!! I have had moments of tearing up when I hear it too. The images it creates and the music are all extremely moving. I hope to hear FON live one day!! :thumbup:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    This is an album that justs gets better with time and Force of Nature is a great song! Love these lyrics:

Somewhere there’s a siren singing
    A song only he hears
    All the strength that you might think
    Would disappear, Resolving

One man stands alone, Awaiting
    For her to come home
    Eyes upon the horizon
    In the dark before the darkness meets the dawn
    Nature has it's own religion, gospel from the land.
  • Options
    I had the same exact scenario play out with this song in my life! It was about 6 months ago for me, & tiny printout of the lyrics has found a home under the glass of my desk ever since. So true, in so many unexplainable ways....
    The in between is Mine

PJ: ATL 4/19/03, CHI 8/24/09, KC 5/3/10, Wrigley 7/19/13, OKC 11/16/13
    EV: Stl 6/1/11, LV 10/31/12, LV 11/1/12, Tulsa 11/18/12, Tulsa 11/19/12
  • Options
    phungiphungi Posts: 640
    I dated this gal in college and after graduation, and this song is a simultaneous gut- and jaw-punch!
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • Options
    wishlisa76wishlisa76 Sweden Posts: 806
    Oh I love Force of nature! I had to put it on now. :thumbup:
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"

PJ in Stockholm, Sweden, 7th July 2012. EV solo in London, 31st July 2012. PJ in Stockholm 28th of June 2014. PJ in Milton Keynes UK, 11th of July 2014, Eddie solo in London 6th of June 2017. PJ London 18th of June, 2018, and 17th of July, 2018.
  • Options
    Force of Nature is a great song!!! Backspacer is a great album!!!
    _E_l_t_o_n_w_i_s_e_
  • Options
    I will never give up hope of hearing Force of Nature live. I think it will happen when I least expect it, and I hope I don't fall over in a faint and miss it all!! :lol:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Beautiful song
  • Options
    I love everything about that song.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=114249&start=75
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.