So, I Started A Pearl Jam Set List Tumblr...

Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
edited January 2021 in The Porch
I thought I would share this as I'm positive there are people here who find set lists as artistically and aesthetically amazing as I do. I created a Pearl Jam tumblr called "Trapdoor In The Sun" and on it, I've posted a set list from a Pearl Jam show daily. Here's the link if anyone is interested in taking a look:

https://pearljamsetlists.tumblr.com/

Anyways, because these are extremely hard to find, I'm obviously going to run out of content sooner than later. What I am asking is if any of you have scans or can take pictures of set lists you own, would you be so inclined as to send them to me? I will obviously credit you on the site when I use yours. I'm just hoping I can build this into something really cool where there are 100's (wishful thinking) of different set lists for everyone to come and enjoy.

So yeah, Pearl Jam or Eddie Vedder solo shows (first EV set list is going up tomorrow morning), if you have any set lists and you'd be up for sharing. I'd really appreciate it. For this to be successful it needs a lot of participation from the community and I know that's what this community is good at so I figured it was worth a shot.

And a bit of a pipe dream, but if you have set lists you no longer want, I would absolutely love to get them off of you as this is one type of memorabilia a love collecting.

Thanks and I hope you like the tumblr. Please feel free to leave me feedback here. I'd love to hear what everyone has to say about it.

-DMW
Post edited by Dead Man Walking on
Tagged:

Comments

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Would love to see this take off....Thanks for sharing.
    http://www.PearlJamSetLists.tumblr.com
    Would love to see people sharing high resolution scans. :D
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Thanks! I've had someone already contact me via PM willing to help so thank you, to them.

Please contact me if you'd like to share :)
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    demetrios wrote:

Thanks, D!

Is that an actual Flickr group of 10c members or is that just a search filter? Sorry, I don't know a whole lot about Flickr.
  • teflonsteveteflonsteve Posts: 275
    I can contribute a Halifax 2005 setlist if you don't already have one. Send me a PM of where you would like it sent if needed.
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
    Mos def! PM'd :D
  • who_me13who_me13 Posts: 53
    How awesome would it be to have a PJ setlist???

Also, who writes the setlists? Not Ed, right? A crew member I thought?
    who_me13 wrote:
    How awesome would it be to have a PJ setlist???
    Also, who writes the setlists? Not Ed, right? A crew member I thought?

Over the past several years it has been a crew member but there are shows where Ed or Jeff writes them. on the site, if you look at the Easy Street set list, that's Ed's handwriting and if you look at the Prague, that's Jeff's.

It's cool to see the set lists but it's even better when it's written by one of the band members.

Tomorrow, I'm posting one of Ed's solo shows that he hand wrote...in calligraphy (not exactly calligraphy, but the font/style he used for the Into The Wild stuff). It's beautiful.
  • who_me13who_me13 Posts: 53
    That's cool.. I followed you.

You should also note who wrote each one, if you know!
    who_me13 wrote:
    That's cool.. I followed you. You should also note who wrote each one, if you know!

Thanks for the follow!
    I was at both the EV Ryman shows... He talked about doing the set list in calligraphy... Very cool sharing.
  • barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    PM sent.

Cheers,
    Barger
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • Joey EakinsJoey Eakins Posts: 663
    Thanks! I've had someone already contact me via PM willing to help so thank you, to them.

Please contact me if you'd like to share :)

I just sent you a pm. I can add a few to your site.

Joey
    Thanks a lot to everyone who has contacted me about this. I really appreciate it.

Keep em comming! :)
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I've got, and hadn't directly to me from Boom, his copy of the set list from 10/27 in Philly. I can snap a pic if you want it. Still has the tape on it. :mrgreen:
    Yeah, that would be great. I'll send you my info on twitter.

The 27th is the last of the 4 Philly shows I need to put up. The one I currently have is a nice scan of the set but it's unmarked. If you've got one with makes and notes on it, I'd love to see it.

Thanks!
    Yeah, that would be great. I'll send you my info on twitter.

The 27th is the last of the 4 Philly shows I need to put up. The one I currently have is a nice scan of the set but it's unmarked. If you've got one with makes and notes on it, I'd love to see it.

Thanks!

Direct message it so I don't miss it.
    No problem, PM'd.

Thanks again!
  • morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Cool. Neat idea. I didn't score any setlists in Europe unfortunately :cry: but plenty of people did so hopefully they'll pop by here & send them to you soon. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    Thanks to a fellow board member for today's set list - 2011-09-25 Vancouver, BC:

http://pearljamsetlists.tumblr.com/post ... c-coliseum

Please keep the pics/scans coming, they're great!
    Thanks to a fellow board member for today's set list - 2011-09-25 Vancouver, BC:

http://pearljamsetlists.tumblr.com/post ... c-coliseum

Please keep the pics/scans coming, they're great!

I fooled around with the scanner last night but it didn't get my full attention. :fp: I'll do it tonight.
  • jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    I've seen a few posted over on twofeetthick. It was awhile ago and I was just reading up on shows I attended. I think they have the Cleveland '94 & 2010. I'm really not sure what else they may have.
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    Yeah, I don't really want to go over there andjust poach their stuff. I will probably contact them in the near future to see if I can maybe get a little assistance from them. Right now though I'd like to try and grab stuff on my own with the help of the community.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    I just saw that Soldier of Love was on the Philly 4 setlist for the first time (with a question mark). I can't complain with all the rarities and length of that show but that is my most sought after cover. Maybe one day :)
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    Yeah, I've got a set list that I haven't posted yet where one of the songs in the encore is "Cannibal." I have no idea what it is as it wasn't played but I'd love to know if it was a cover, original, abbreviation, etc...

I love set lists... :ugeek:
    Bump
    I wanted to share this with everyone because I thought it was really interesting how much the first set was altered in what a lot of members are now calling one of the best shows ever.

http://pearljamsetlists.tumblr.com/post ... ziggo-dome

With song rarity compared to classics compared to energy compared to feeling, I was just wondering what version you would have rather seen if you were there...lots of different factors to be weighed.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    You Started a Pearl Jam what?
    Santa Barbara 2006:

http://pearljamsetlists.tumblr.com/post ... ara-county

One of the shortest first sets I've ever seen. Does anyone know why this was? I'm interested to hear the story behind this unusual set.

:geek:

Have a good weekend everyone! Remember to check back tomorrow for "Solo Saturday's" and check out an EV set list from one of his solo shows.
    Kansas City 2010...I love me some colour scans.... :geek:

http://pearljamsetlists.tumblr.com/post ... int-center

Thanks to everyone who's stopped by this thread to check out my tumblr...Nice to see this topic get to 1000 views...eventhough a few of those are probably just me.