Options

Looking for trading advice.

CButt2CButt2 Posts: 157
edited July 2012 in Lost Dogs
Here's the scenario. I was lucky enough to score two, yes two, Pearl Jam Copenhagen 2012 McFarlane/Maxx242-Artist Edition's. I apologize and am sorry to those who were not successful in obtaining one. My issue since I'm relatively new to buying and trading is what would be considered fair trade for one of these prints? I'm looking to trade for either a
Pearl Jam Vancouver 98 Ames http://expressobeans.com/public/wanted.php?id=426274
or a
Pearl Jam Montreal / Toronto 98 Ames http://expressobeans.com/public/wanted.php?id=426273
to add to my collection.

The questions are:
1) Is it a fair trade a Pearl Jam Copenhagen 12 Maxx242/McFarlane for either a Pearl Jam Vancouver 98 Ames or a Pearl Jam Montreal / Toronto 98 Ames?
2) Am I asking for too much?
3) Is anybody interested in making this deal?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Boo this man!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    To be honest, I think the McFarlane is WAY better than both of those posters combined.
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Boo this man!!

+1

Kinda sucks that you grabbed two of these posters for yourself when so many people could not even score one of these prints.
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    lol, you trolling?

the mcfarlane will be available here soon enough

the posters you're looking for.....keep looking, holmes
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    My advise is to f yourself and take your flipping ass to e-bay
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • Options
    LOL!!! I kinda thought this was the reaction I would get. Anyway, any and all comments are appreciated. snow_board_rider you forgot the letters "uck".
  • Options

How is he flipping when he quite clearly says he wants to TRADE.

Fucking hell, you people really suck sometimes.
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    Even the title of this thread is "trading advice".
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options

How is he flipping when he quite clearly says he wants to TRADE.

Fucking hell, you people really suck sometimes.
    Couldn't agree more. Yeah it sucks for people who didn't get one. Yeah he's asking to trade for 2 crazy pricey posters, but that's his prerogative. He can ask for the fuckin' crown jewels if he wants. If it's an outrageous trade no one will make it. End of story
    People need to chill
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    If someone is willing to make this insane trade, go for it!
    I ♥ the two posters the OP is looking for, but would get rid of that McFarcelane print for just about anything.

Good luck to you, CButt2!
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    for a 98? No way
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    JK36392JK36392 Posts: 840
    If you want to sell, let me know.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    JK36392 wrote:
    If you want to sell, let me know.
    Sell to JK!
  • Options
    Want to thank everyone for their replies so far. Very useful comments. Need to clarify that it's only a SUGGESTED trade for one of the 98 prints. One McFarlane/Maxx242 for one of the stated 98 prints. Hence the solicitation of advice about it being a fair trade. Again thanks for your replies.
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    Well, you're getting flammed.

My thought/advice: Either of the posters you're asking for have a higher value than the McFarlane. They are 14 years old and spread thin, at this point. The McFarlane is 1 week old and currently the hot ticket. Yes, it will be worth about 200-300 bucks, but I don't think you'll find someone willing to part with the 98's for anything other than cash, or another poster of similar age.

Your best bet is to sell and offer cash, or bundle the poster with cash, to obtain your wanted poster.
  • Options
    JMo wrote:

My thought/advice: Either of the posters you're asking for have a higher value than the McFarlane. They are 14 years old and spread thin, at this point. The McFarlane is 1 week old and currently the hot ticket. Yes, it will be worth about 200-300 bucks, but I don't think you'll find someone willing to part with the 98's for anything other than cash, or another poster of similar age.

Your best bet is to sell and offer cash, or bundle the poster with cash, to obtain your wanted poster.
    ave no idea why these posters are worth so much. I know the whole 300 run but these posters are crap. Pluss isnt there like 100 ap's out there of each depending on if they did a 2nd AP run.

Im am no fan of the Ames art. Maybe thats why I cant see the value in a picture of a tracktor with the same old Ames wrighting.
  • Options
    dwhite76 wrote:
    JMo wrote:

ave no idea why these posters are worth so much. I know the whole 300 run but these posters are crap. Pluss isnt there like 100 ap's out there of each depending on if they did a 2nd AP run.

Im am no fan of the Ames art. Maybe thats why I cant see the value in a picture of a tracktor with the same old Ames wrighting.

Too be honest, I don't think anyone knows the actual number of prints (98's) out there. Ames did a s/n run of each, which the numbers varied there too. But no AP2's. Most people who bought the posters at the show, treated them as such. They tacked them to the wall. They didn't bring poster tubes with them to the shows. They didn't handle them carefully when they were in the pit. So, they have become harder to find in decent condition. I'm not a fan of the Montreal poster, but I do like the Vancouver. I owned the Vancouver print and it is small, but the detail is pretty great.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Yep, there were a couple 97's, 98's that I blue-glued to the walls. One of them being the Oakland 97.

IMO, the 96's/98's are the best.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Alright, these last few are the comments I was looking for all excellent thoughts. I need to reevaluate the worth of the print and lower expectations to something more realistic.
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    it's not a fair trade as of now because it's likely the 10c will sell the copenhagen poster

the macfarlane is not the same as the PJ20 maxx billboard print... people are confused
  • Options
    it's not a fair trade as of now because it's likely the 10c will sell the copenhagen poster

the macfarlane is not the same as the PJ20 maxx billboard print... people are confused

Please explain.
  • Options
    DocHinchyDocHinchy Posts: 125
    Some people just wanna make noise. As an owner of the 98 Ames T.O. I would never trade it for that. Not nearly worth enough, and 10 Club sales will lower prices even more on Macfarlane - IMO. But goodluck, glad your not letting negativity bring you down.
  • Options
    DocHinchy wrote:
    Some people just wanna make noise. As an owner of the 98 Ames T.O. I would never trade it for that. Not nearly worth enough, and 10 Club sales will lower prices even more on Macfarlane - IMO. But goodluck, glad your not letting negativity bring you down.

I hear you. Funny my first show was 98 Hartford. Guess who did the poster. I made a trade for it with some one on here and the poster has 4 pin holes in it. He told me all about them. Good thing they are far enough out on the white they can be framed out.

I wouldnt trade my Hartford for one of these just because its a ok print and in good shape other than tiny pin holes. Funny how things evolve like they do.

Take baseball cards.Rare as they were. In the 50's they put them on the spokes of thier wheels. in the 90's we pinned/glued our posters to the wall. :lol:

Fast forward now, They print many more posters and take much better care of them. But when the 98's and earlier came out you couldnt give them away. Now the new posters come out and they are going for 100's of dollars :?:
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,563
    Boo this man!!

:lol:
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    JMo wrote:

Please explain.

Pj20 - 200 plus a bunch of a/p's total and only 2 places sold the prints. Pj20 was also a special show as opposed to an overseas or regular tour stop
    Mcfarlane - 200 s/n plus a possibility of hundreds if not 1000 show editions plus a possible 10c sale
  • Options
    JMo wrote:

Please explain.

Pj20 - 200 plus a bunch of a/p's total and only 2 places sold the prints. Pj20 was also a special show as opposed to an overseas or regular tour stop
    Mcfarlane - 200 s/n plus a possibility of hundreds if not 1000 show editions plus a possible 10c sale

I dont think the 10 club will have that many left. And by the way this thing is selling can you say 2010 MSG KONG print. Im sure thats how fast what ever 10 club gets a hold of will sell.

I know there are more of these prints out there. But how many have been damaged at the shows in some way. I would say at least 40%. And how many people are going to leave it in the tube and take it out to show friends every Friday night and ruin theres..

Im just saying for this print of the AP's run of 200 they should hold value real well. Im sure in the future you can always make close to your money back or trade it for some thing you realy want.

Im not a fan of buying show prints off of people who were at the show especially if there was a GA pit for the crowed :lol:

I prefer the AP and would pay more for it signed and #