Options

Login here, but not there? Please help

bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
edited September 2012 in Technical Stuff and Help
I can login into my Pearl Jam account anywhere, the problem is even when I am logged in (I can see all of my account , personal info, addresses, etc.) I can't post or even see if I have messages in the forum on my home computer. When in the forum, it basically looks like when you have not logged in yet if that makes sense, but I am logged in, because, again I can see all of my personal info if I go to the top and click on "my account."
Here is where it gets weird. I log on to my work computer, and everything works fine. I can see my messages, I can post (posting this from work now). This makes no sense. I could see if I could not log on neither computer, but being able to log on to the forum on one computer and not the other is just weird. It should also be known that I had no problems before the website was updated.
Could there be a setting on the computer itself that is hindering this? If so, please help. I have emailed 10C and they have not responded.
Thank you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    mail 10c
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@tenclub.net">info@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->
    and write here as well
    https://pjguest.wufoo.com/forms/z7p9z7/
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    i have to log out first on the main page. after logging in again, i can acces the board over here... after that, i have acces to the whole website without problems... well, except for one... i can't edit some of the forum settings like signature or profile picture...
    Usually known as...........
    Arnhem 2006 - Nijmegen 2007 - Rotterdam 2009 - Nijmegen 2010 - Amsterdam I 2012
  • Options
    bosshogg18 wrote:
    Could there be a setting on the computer itself that is hindering this? If so, please help. I have emailed 10C and they have not responded.
    Thank you.

I already have, but no response. I know you have some pull, maybe they would listen to you. I appreciate any help. Thank you.
  • Options
    I don't think it's your computer, I am pretty sure the problem is on this website...

10c not responding, that could be since they have a webform for our featback on this website.
    https://pjguest.wufoo.com/forms/z7p9z7/
  • Options
    Thanks Get Axel Some. I sent a message to the address you provided with no response either. Hopefully they are just busy working out the bugs.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Same here: it logs me out after a couple of hours of not being on the site, as it always did (ugh). But now instead of just logging in, I have to go to: My Account --> Forum Account --> Login, and then it brings me to the main PJ site and I have to click on the "Forum" link. That's 5 steps to get to the forum to be able to post.

1) That's crazy
    2) Why the heck can't they use cookies to keep you logged in for a couple of weeks and then ask for your password as a security caution? You know, like EVERY other message board does (think gmail)

My usage is down recently because of this. It's very annoying.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    the login issue sucked before and was never addressed. now, as described above, the new layout makes it even more difficult to log in/stay logged in.

this is a basic message board issue. why this hasn't ever been addressed is not surprising, sadly :roll: , but now with the extra steps it takes to log out/log in just so you can post after your prior session has expired makes this a pertinent issue.

get on it, 10c.
  • Options
    You don't get a notification.

I think the problems came because of the one login for this whole site. I think that a seperate login for website and board, things would be ok.
  • Options
    cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
    Yeah, I have to log back in every time... kind of annoying.... :?
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    jpepinjpepin Posts: 17
    I had the same problem, and was unable to log in for nearly three weeks! One day, it just worked...sorta. Works fine at home now, but still unable to post from my work computer. As a website developer myself, I can say that whoever set up the single sign on functionality did it wrong! This is by far the worst, and most frustrating, implementation I've seen. :nono:
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    No, really, this is getting to be a huge annoyance. I just left the site for literally 10 minutes, came back to check on one of the threads I had just posted in, and I was already logged out. C'mon?!

So yet again:

1) Go to My Account
    2) Click on Forum Account
    3) Click on the "sign in" link
    4) Get redirected to the main page for no reason
    5) Click on the "Forum" link

Why is this rocket science? I saw boards operate more smoothly 10 years ago.

Kat/Sea: Surely there has to be a technical person who can easily fix this issue? It just needs to be addressed once!
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    Yeah, I'm experiencing the same thing. It does kind of make me post less - especially since we now have to use our email addresses (mine is long) instead of our forum names to log in.
  • Options
    On my IE this is happening... On my Safari (iPad) it works fine
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    On my IE this is happening... On my Safari (iPad) it works fine

Weird. Happens to me on my iPad too.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    seems like i can actually stay log in on my phone for more than 5 seconds. nice
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg