Options

Berlin 2012 - Who's Going? Pre-Party? Etc., Etc..

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    traveljunkietraveljunkie Posts: 663
    Well, I haven't booked lodging for Berlin and everything that's reasonably priced seems to be completely sold for the days we're there. Sigh. :fp:
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Options
    hoobabihoobabi Posts: 28
    Aside from this Plus Hostel ... where are people staying in Berlin?
    Sorry - it's probably been discussed, but I'm too disorganized and frazzled today to find it. :)

We're staying at the Eastern Comfort Hotel.
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    Sorry - it's probably been discussed, but I'm too disorganized and frazzled today to find it. :)

Staying at the Eastener Hostel...
    http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetail ... fAodxi1uxQ
    Very small, cheap and central... Will not be spending too much time in the room...
  • Options
    traveljunkietraveljunkie Posts: 663
    eyejacker wrote:

Staying at the Eastener Hostel...
    http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetail ... fAodxi1uxQ
    Very small, cheap and central... Will not be spending too much time in the room...
    hoobabi wrote:

We're staying at the Eastern Comfort Hotel.

Thanks.
    Both all booked for the days we're there. Hoping that there'll be cancellations popping up over the next few days as it's getting close and I'll find something reasonably priced.
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Options

Thanks.
    Both all booked for the days we're there. Hoping that there'll be cancellations popping up over the next few days as it's getting close and I'll find something reasonably priced.

ever tried couchsurfing?
  • Options
    rabrab Posts: 81
    i did read a couple of pages of this thread now ... i got it, that preparty is at yaam, and there is a facebook-group for it.
    but am i right, that there is no "official" location for meeting up at gig-afternoons? because i did like that very much in manchester :D
    How I choose to feel, is how I am

Vienna Stadthalle - 2006
    Nova Rock Festival - 2007
    Manchester 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2 - 2012
    Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin - 2014
    Padova - 2018
    Vienna - 2020
  • Options
    tachepiranhatachepiranha Posts: 399
    So, do we have an official place / time for the pre-post party?
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    anyone else at the upstalsboom hotel?

was gonna go to radiohead on friday but its cancelled so the day is free. we're trying to plan a trip to the ramones museum during the day and them a dinner at a pub or something at night. anyone in?

flying to stockholm sat morning, hell yea!
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    edited June 2012
    Ok so, meeting in the lobby of the Plus Hostel at what time? I'm gonna do a bit of sight-seeing after i check-in on Tues morn then I'll be ready to get back on the PJ wagon, get back on the amazing buzz of last night.
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    cmulercmuler Posts: 19
    Staying at the hotel Titanic, hopefully it doesnt sink. Will unfortunately miss the July 3 pre party, we arrive the morning of 4th for Berlin 1. Is there a pre party or post sorted out?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    morello wrote:
    Ok so, meeting in the lobby of the Plus Hostel at what time? I'm gonna do a bit of sight-seeing after i check-in on Tues morn then I'll be ready to get back on the PJ wagon, get back on the amazing buzz of last night.
    leave a message for me at the lobby,we will be in contact..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    http://www.facebook.com/events/386597528053602/

Tuesday, July 3, 2012
    7:00pm in UTC+02

http://www.yaam.de/

Stralauer Platz 35 10243 Berlin Germany

BERLIN PARTY AT 3RD JULY
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    antares434antares434 Posts: 110
    I'm going to the Berlin shows with my wife ... we have 10C tickets. After we purchased the tickets we became pregnant with twins ... Yay! Anyway ... we still want to take advantage of the early entry, but now have some concerns. Here are my questions:

1) can we just show up anytime between 5:30 -6 and still get a good spot (I'm thinking we'll prefer to be in the rear of the 10c section anyway).

2) have the pits been cramped or rough so far?

3) once we get a spot on the floor can we move freely in the area for bathroom, water, etc?

Any other tips or help would be appreciated too. Thanks!
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    morello wrote:
    leave a message for me at the lobby,we will be in contact..
    Cool D. I'll leave a message what room I'm in. I'm very keen to sightsee as much as poss coz my 1st time in Berlin. i did Sandemans free walking tour in Paris today & it was great. the guide has lived in Paris for a year & was fabulous so i had no issue giving him a decent tip. I'm booked in on the 3pn tour in Berlin so if anyone else washed to come would be great. :-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    according to the weather service, we might have some rain the next week in berlin. is the yaam an outdoor only location?
  • Options
    antares434 wrote:
    I'm going to the Berlin shows with my wife ... we have 10C tickets. After we purchased the tickets we became pregnant with twins ... Yay! Anyway ... we still want to take advantage of the early entry, but now have some concerns. Here are my questions:

1) can we just show up anytime between 5:30 -6 and still get a good spot (I'm thinking we'll prefer to be in the rear of the 10c section anyway).

3) once we get a spot on the floor can we move freely in the area for bathroom, water, etc?

my 0,02 €:

1. 10c members get to enter at least 10 minutes earlier. then the general admission crowd gets the chance to enter. that's when the pushing and shoving (sadly?) starts (once the concert begins). there won't be a real "rear of the 10c section".

2. pits are always cramped and rough.

3. once on the floor, everybody can move freely. but getting back to your spot during the show would be really difficult. i would suggest staying way on the sides.usually less cramped.

anyway hope you have a nice show (i believe i will).
  • Options
    antares434antares434 Posts: 110
    antares434 wrote:

my 0,02 €:

1. 10c members get to enter at least 10 minutes earlier. then the general admission crowd gets the chance to enter. that's when the pushing and shoving (sadly?) starts (once the concert begins). there won't be a real "rear of the 10c section".

2. pits are always cramped and rough.

3. once on the floor, everybody can move freely. but getting back to your spot during the show would be really difficult. i would suggest staying way on the sides.usually less cramped.

anyway hope you have a nice show (i believe i will).

Thanks.
  • Options
    KevbwoyKevbwoy Posts: 11
    according to the weather service, we might have some rain the next week in berlin. is the yaam an outdoor only location?

They also have some roofed areas but 90% of the yaam is completly open air. and the weather forecasts for tommorow night give us a 51% chance of rather weak rain... we will see.
    "I'm sick of chasing my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later."
    Mitch Hedberg