Options

HELP! ;o)

drella3507drella3507 Posts: 15
edited April 2012 in Lost Dogs
How long do you normally wait to hear back from someone about something they want to buy...... before moving on to the next interested person?

Feeling like ripping the whole lot off and bulking it onto Flea- bay for one price!! :|
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    Around here I have noticed that people will message you with all sorts of interest on things, but when it comes time to pay, no follow through, move on as you would like.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    If someone expressed interest and I don't hear back in 2 days (sometimes longer depending on my mood :D ), I will follow-up and say please let me know by x date. If they've read the message (i.e., PM left the "outbox") and still no response then I move on. I also check to see when they last logged on, and if they have been logging on and are actively posting without responding, I just assume they are not interested.

You're not obligated to wait but I think it's courtesy to follow-up.
  • Options
    thank yous :)
  • Options
    Never hold an item for a specific person unless they have given you a cash deposit.
    What happens to me frequently is that there is initial interest based on impulse.
    Once the person thinks about it they lose interest for one reason or another.
    I admit I am guilty of this myself sometimes. Like others, I sometimes do not call again to say I changed my mind.
    Find the next interested person.
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    sooooo

what have you got?
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    It's all in a thread below!!
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    drella3507 wrote:
    How long do you normally wait to hear back from someone about something they want to buy...... before moving on to the next interested person?

Feeling like ripping the whole lot off and bulking it onto Flea- bay for one price!! :|

if you started this thread, I think it's about time you did it...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    Suziemay wrote:
    If someone expressed interest and I don't hear back in 2 days (sometimes longer depending on my mood :D ), I will follow-up and say please let me know by x date. If they've read the message (i.e., PM left the "outbox") and still no response then I move on. I also check to see when they last logged on, and if they have been logging on and are actively posting without responding, I just assume they are not interested.

You're not obligated to wait but I think it's courtesy to follow-up.

exactly... if they've read it and not responded then you won't be an ass for moving on

although i don't think that everyone "gets" the PM Outbox first then Sent folder process