***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    Not sure I would jump from "they don't care about this" to "they don't care about us." Pearl Jam as a band and an organization does TONS to show how much they care about their fans. There's always going to be something that some group of fans out there does not like, people are going to get pissed off. Hell I have serious issues with the Ten Club and their policy on member numbers. But I think saying the band and the ten club don't care about the fans is going way too far.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • strilo wrote:
    I wonder how many fans have withheld buying anything at all because they can't get this ten club deluxe edition? I know I have. I see two people above have as well.

i haven't bought the documentary because of this exactly
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • fcbittencafcbittenca Posts: 345
    I still believe. BUMP
    In love with music
  • cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
    I managed to get the DVD... I consider myself lucky.

Ten Club, please re-stock for those who missed out :)
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
    fcbittenca wrote:
    I still believe. BUMP
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Stopping in here for the first time in a very long time and I'm a little shocked to see this is still on the front of the message boards.

I think it's obvious by now that no one in the the band nor the fan club actually cares about this, or what the fans really want. I don't know how you all can even bother anymore. Me, and several others have asked the band in email, snail mail, here, on twitter, and even on Cameron Crowe's site for the common decency of a basic response confirming if there will ever be a re-release or not, and why the item was even limited in the first place. Meanwhile countless fans resort to buying the item at a super-inflated price on eBay, and the band allows it to happen.

It's obvious guys. PJ doesn't care about this and they're never going to. And they'll never even give us the smallest slice of respect to tell us why. Which is probably the most insulting part of it.

Give up. They don't care.

Ive posted here probably everyday sometimes I may miss and post on the 2nd day or latest 3rd..
    I totally understand u, Im feeling much the same.. it does seem like an insult a kick in the pants that
    no answer can be given after all this time..Its not like the movie has to be made from scratch again
    so if it was going to happen it wouldnt take this long to get the ball rolling...
    Its sad the prices they are selling for on ebay... and the fact there were no limits really sucks..
  • Rambis35Rambis35 Posts: 235
    strilo wrote:
    Not sure I would jump from "they don't care about this" to "they don't care about us." Pearl Jam as a band and an organization does TONS to show how much they care about their fans. There's always going to be something that some group of fans out there does not like, people are going to get pissed off. Hell I have serious issues with the Ten Club and their policy on member numbers. But I think saying the band and the ten club don't care about the fans is going way too far.

I agree completely. Well said.
  • PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 382
    strilo wrote:
    I wonder how many fans have withheld buying anything at all because they can't get this ten club deluxe edition? I know I have. I see two people above have as well.

i haven't bought the documentary because of this exactly

Same here.
  • ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    This weekend I watched a copy of the Kid Are Alright. :D
    It was so much fun...
    I want my own to have and hold. ;)
  • fcbittencafcbittenca Posts: 345
    fcbittenca wrote:
    I still believe. BUMP

Hey Dimitri... we are always here.

BUMPing HAHAHAHAHA
    In love with music
  • JCro14JCro14 Posts: 12
    BUMP.
    BOS-98-00-03-04-06-10-13-16-18;ALB-03;MTL-05
    web.archive.org/web/20030202174226/http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/fanscene/2000/830bos2.html
    web.archive.org/web/20090204082549/http://sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/fanscene/2003/711man1.html
  • rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    skanji32 wrote:
    I received confirmation that the issue hasn't been forgotten, from a source who asked not to be named. That's all I know. Maybe it means something, maybe it means nothing. I felt was that it was at least "news" and decided to share. Don't have anything else that I'm hiding folks.

We need to keep the pressure up.

Thank you for your persistence.

I have regained a tiny glimmer of ... that thing ... can't recall it ... doing a Google search ...

Howp?

Hop?

Hoop?

HOPE! That's it! 8-)
    8-)
    This weekend I watched a copy of the Kid Are Alright. :D
    It was so much fun...
    I want my own to have and hold. ;)
    I thought about watching that on iTunes, but I really don't want to give them ANY money until it's for this deluxe Blu Ray set. I am dying to know what the Fans Are Alright piece is like too.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    Add my name to the thread and petition.....
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • JM114655JM114655 Posts: 1
    I love pearl jam and I love what they stand for and how they treat us, the fans. With that said I think it's ridiculous that they made the Blu-ray 3 disc set a limited edition. Please re-release it so all of us fans can enjoy it, after all that is why you allowed Cameron Crowe to make and release a movie about your story wasn't it? Also it would put an end to shitty people from making $400 dollars of the resale of a movie that originally cost the lucky few who were able to get a coy $70 some bucks.

Please re-release the 3 disc PJ20 Blu-ray, please!
  • tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 691
    I've got money now and I'm ready to roll.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    JM114655 wrote:
    I love pearl jam and I love what they stand for and how they treat us, the fans. With that said I think it's ridiculous that they made the Blu-ray 3 disc set a limited edition. Please re-release it so all of us fans can enjoy it, after all that is why you allowed Cameron Crowe to make and release a movie about your story wasn't it? Also it would put an end to shitty people from making $400 dollars of the resale of a movie that originally cost the lucky few who were able to get a coy $70 some bucks.

Please re-release the 3 disc PJ20 Blu-ray, please!
    And don't forget the DVD. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • teinloftteinloft Posts: 49
    Im with you guys, add my name to this petition!
    Porto Alegre '05
    Porto Alegre '11
    Porto Alegre '15
    São Paulo '15
  • DeanoDeano Posts: 179
    Easter Monday bump
    Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006
    O2 Arena - Aug 18, 2009
    Hyde Park - Jun 25, 2010
    Manchester - #1 & #2, 2012
    EV: London #1 & #2 2012
    Leeds - July 8, 2014
    Milton Keynes - July 11, 2014
    EV: London - #1 & #2, 2017
    O2 Arena - June 18, 2018
    O2 Arena - June 19, 2018
    O2 Arena - July 17, 2018
    Hyde Park - July 10, 2020
    Hyde Park - #1 & #2, 2021 (hopefully!)
    Deano wrote:
    Easter Monday bump
    :D
  • youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    JM114655 wrote:
    Also it would put an end to shitty people from making $400 dollars of the resale of a movie that originally cost the lucky few who were able to get a coy $70 some bucks.

While I agree it sucks people made a profit off of this thing, I remember when this came out it was available for 3 weeks in the Goods section and so many people were bitching because it was so much. Saying how dare 10c charge $70 for something that cost like $15-20 to manufacture. So many people saying they refuse to pay that ridiculous price. Now that it is gone many of those same people are begging for it to come back and they will gladly pay $70 if it was released again.

To be honest, I have the 3 disc bluray and in my opinion they could have left the 3rd disc out of the set. Besides the live performances it really isn't all that good. All the good stuff in the set is in the first 2 discs.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • bootlegbootleg Posts: 433
    I havent seen the third disc (or second) yet, but i started thinking the other day that maybe the band just doesnt like the way the third disc came out? From your assessment the third disc isn't very good, and I remember from the original announcement that a lot of details seemed to change regarding what the 2nd and 3rd discs were about. Maybe there really were some last minute changes and someone either in the Pj camp or CC camp was never satisfied with how the 3rd disc came out? After all they made the 2nd disc available on iTunes. Its got to be something about that third disc. The whole thing is just kind of odd really.

[/quote]

While I agree it sucks people made a profit off of this thing, I remember when this came out it was available for 3 weeks in the Goods section and so many people were bitching because it was so much. Saying how dare 10c charge $70 for something that cost like $15-20 to manufacture. So many people saying they refuse to pay that ridiculous price. Now that it is gone many of those same people are begging for it to come back and they will gladly pay $70 if it was released again.

To be honest, I have the 3 disc bluray and in my opinion they could have left the 3rd disc out of the set. Besides the live performances it really isn't all that good. All the good stuff in the set is in the first 2 discs.[/quote]
  • RVCJJ3JRVCJJ3J Posts: 121
    bootleg wrote:
    I havent seen the third disc (or second) yet, but i started thinking the other day that maybe the band just doesnt like the way the third disc came out? From your assessment the third disc isn't very good, and I remember from the original announcement that a lot of details seemed to change regarding what the 2nd and 3rd discs were about. Maybe there really were some last minute changes and someone either in the Pj camp or CC camp was never satisfied with how the 3rd disc came out? After all they made the 2nd disc available on iTunes. Its got to be something about that third disc. The whole thing is just kind of odd really.

I'm starting to think you're onto something. Still it seems that some official word would've come out about the fate of this collection. I wish someone would step up and say yes or no either way. Do the right thing 10C....
    Memorial Stadium-October 4, 1996; Riverbend Music Center- August 20, 2000; Post-Gazette Pavilion-September 5, 2000; Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre Charlotte-April 16, 2003; US Bank Arena-June 24, 2006; Scottrade Center-May 4, 2010; Consol Energy Center-October 11, 2013(On the Rail!); Time Warner Cable Arena-October 30, 2013
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    youngster wrote:
    JM114655 wrote:
    Also it would put an end to shitty people from making $400 dollars of the resale of a movie that originally cost the lucky few who were able to get a coy $70 some bucks.

To be honest, I have the 3 disc bluray and in my opinion they could have left the 3rd disc out of the set. Besides the live performances it really isn't all that good. All the good stuff in the set is in the first 2 discs.

Wasn't a lot of those complaints more about what am I getting for my $70? I seem to recall that while it was on sale for 3 weeks, there was only a proper product description for a few days.
  • RVCJJ3JRVCJJ3J Posts: 121
    skanji32 wrote:
    I received confirmation that the issue hasn't been forgotten, from a source who asked not to be named. That's all I know. Maybe it means something, maybe it means nothing. I felt was that it was at least "news" and decided to share. Don't have anything else that I'm hiding folks.

We need to keep the pressure up.

Good work....Thanks for sharing and inspiring.
    Memorial Stadium-October 4, 1996; Riverbend Music Center- August 20, 2000; Post-Gazette Pavilion-September 5, 2000; Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre Charlotte-April 16, 2003; US Bank Arena-June 24, 2006; Scottrade Center-May 4, 2010; Consol Energy Center-October 11, 2013(On the Rail!); Time Warner Cable Arena-October 30, 2013
    youngster wrote:

It may be splitting hairs, but it was not "available" in the Goods section for three weeks. It was pre sold. It was sold out several weeks before it was ever released, don't forget that. That to me is a big indicator that the Ten Club badly underestimated demand and should have ordered more right then.

Also, I think it's a bad assumption that the same people who refused to pay the price also now complain that it is no longer available. I remember that I did mention I thought it was too expensive for what one got, but I was still going to buy it. I simply had to wait until payday. By then it was gone. And this was before the release date still.
  • Naked JohnNaked John Posts: 276
    Signature. OK, now do SOMETHING!
    bump