Options

Question for the collectors - vinyl specifically

Up Here In My TreeUp Here In My Tree Posts: 541
edited March 2012 in Lost Dogs
I've been building up my PJ collection over the past couple of years and have a question about vinyl. Lately I've been buying as much PJ vinyl as I can find and wonder the difference, or what people think, about foreign pressings. For example, any difference between a foreign pressed PJ 10 factory sealed versus USA pressed? I'm just courious from primarily a collectors perspective.

I live in America, by the way.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
    The EU presses are prettiest. And a bit more classy, imo..
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    pjcollectors.com is your friend ;)
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    Yea, I just learned that there is a PJcollectors.com but I don't see where you can buy from it.

So, you really don't think there's much difference other than place of print?
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,938
    there's much difference other than place of print?

no
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    pjcollectors.com is your friend ;)
    :roll:
  • Options
    Thank you both- I can now go on with my collecting feeling good regardless of print locale
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    arq wrote:

no
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    arq wrote:

no
    What a wonderful conversation :lol:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    No, I'm sorry if I confused you. I don't think there is any difference whatsoever as far as listening experience between US and EU or whatever country for that matter.I like having EU presses for some reason.. :) I was only directing you towards pjcollectors as a reference. Everything you find on there is OFFICIAL. As for purchases you can register there and search, there are ALOT of good people with quality items fs there in the forum..Good luck with your collection.

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    arq wrote:
    arq wrote:
    no
    What a wonderful conversation :lol:
    and sexy... :lol::lol:

i leave alot to imagination.. :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Jamminonthe1Jamminonthe1 Posts: 1,243
    I heard from a wise old musician friend — and I can't back this up — that the foreign vinyl is actually better because of the quality of the materials used or something like that.
  • Options
    propro Posts: 134
    edited March 2012
    Japanese Vinyl Pressings are the best.... pressed on virgin vinyl.... Europe and North/South America vinyl are pressed on recyclable vinyl.... i don't have any Pearl Jam Japanese vinyl but I do have from other artists and they really sound amazing.

That doesn't mean recyclable vinyl has bad sound (many can be great where others can sound horrible... in other-words hit and miss) .... you can really find some incredible recyclable vinyl (old) pressings in record stores. Anyway, collecting vinyl from around the world is like collecting paintings as they show real art with Covers and Discs. Besides... As I have said before... real music was always pressed on vinyl and that was the good old days...Enjoy collecting Vinyl as they are masterpieces :D
    Post edited by pro on
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I heard from a wise old musician friend — and I can't back this up — that the foreign vinyl is actually better because of the quality of the materials used or something like that.
    Just a lot of bullshit, thats all. It sounds pretty cool though.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    i leave alot to imagination.. :lol::lol:

yes
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    No, I'm sorry if I confused you. I don't think there is any difference whatsoever as far as listening experience between US and EU or whatever country for that matter.I like having EU presses for some reason.. :) I was only directing you towards pjcollectors as a reference. Everything you find on there is OFFICIAL. As for purchases you can register there and search, there are ALOT of good people with quality items fs there in the forum..Good luck with your collection.

Okay....PjCollectors.com has officially changed my life! There goes all my money...
  • Options

Okay....PjCollectors.com has officially changed my life! There goes all my money...

don't forget to ask for a loan... :|
    Neil deGrasse Tyson