*** Marseille Fanviews Here 9/9 ***

Comments

• toronado10 wrote:
    I really don't think anybody gives a fuck.

my thoughts exactly.

we're all fans...and these are our "views".
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edwho wrote:
    ~

This Thread is designed exclusively for the lucky fans who attend the show.

Please refrain from posting your questions and comments if you yourself did not attend.

Thank you, edwho

~

no offense, but who gives a shit?

great set list... definite must buy

fatal would be really nice
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    holy crap batman whats an awsome set-list
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Wow

Just got back to the UK after a night flight and I'm basically going on adrenaline from the gig now. My first experience of the band with 10c tickets (thanks Rabbitrocks), and the guys were absolutely awesome, when they first came out they seemed really chilled out with long road and just built up the momentum as they went.

The crowd was absolutely entranced during black and after the band stopped we all kept singing for what seemed like an age, I think Eddie almost seemed compelled to interrupt at one point. I was right on railing and the crowd buzz was amazing, yet everyone was very looking out for each other....Marseille you should be proud of yourselves.

Alive was the best version I'd heard and it seemed the band were taken a back by the emotion of the crowd. Dirty Frank was fantastic, they can even out chili the peppers. The band were so versatile throughout the set, Stone made a mistake at one point and the band stopped in laughter........Eddie looked over laughing 'we just played that one'.

Hello to everyone at the front, hope ya'll got back safe it was nice meeting the United Front...British, American, French and Slovakian.

You could make a case for every boot, but this should be a keeper.
  • best setlist so far this europe tour

I agree, that was one heck of a setlist.
    Definately going to my must-buy-boot list :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • edwho wrote:
    ~

This Thread is designed exclusively for the lucky fans who attend the show.

Please refrain from posting your questions and comments if you yourself did not attend.

Thank you, edwho

~

uhh Dear edwho, exactly who are you to tell people where and where not to post?

That's pretty retarded. :rolleyes:

I think its awesome people post their comments about the setlist as it is also great to read the actual comments from those who where there.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • uhh Dear edwho, exactly who are you to tell people where and where not to post?

That's pretty retarded. :rolleyes:

I think its awesome people post their comments about the setlist as it is also great to read the actual comments from those who where there.

sure but then they can post in the setlist thread, not the fanviews thread. Problem is, the fanviews thread is a sticky, and apparently some people find it very hard to look down the page. Which is also retarded.

edit : and I'm retarded as well since I posted in this thread ;)
  • Wow! The 3rd time i've seen them (all this year). It was even better than the Astoria gig for me and I never thought that would happen. Managed to get my digital camera in and saw lots of other people with them, so assume they didn't stop anyone. Got some great pics (mainly of mike) but have no idea how to share them. If someone can share them I will email some to them. Anyone else got any pictures? Can't wait to download the gig.
    Astoria 20/4/06
    Reading 27/8/06
    Marseille 9/9/06
    Wembley Arena 18/6/07
    Nijmegen 28/6/07

Check out my PJ covers - http://www.youtube.com/wickedwkd
  • hey i think we should all give Ewho a break!He is just trying to get us the best reveiws but go ahead post anyway
    2005 Thunder Bay,Toronto
    2006 Toronto X 2
    2006 Cleveland, Cincinnati
    2006 Arnhem, Barcelona
    2007 The Vic,Lolla, Chicago
    2008 Bonnaroo,MSG1,MSG2 ,Hartford, Mansfield1
    EV Vancouverx2
  • wow this was my first ever pj show and it was incredible
    i never realized it but Ed is like a spoung,e feeding off the crowd's and band's energy, i can't believe how much energy he put in the show! incredible!
    during "fucking up" HE GAVE ME ONE OF HIS TAMBOURINES!!!!
    awesome for a first show! well worth the wait
    i can't believe how generous this band is; staying there for 2h30, giving so much on stage.
    i met some very nice people there, they all turned into my bodygards when it was time to leave and i was clinging on to the tambourine.lol.
    thanks guys!
    Marseille 09/09/06, Paris 11/09/06,wembley 18/06/07, werchter 07
  • I believe in miracles.
    I believe in a better world for me and you.

Thx for this song of The Ramones.
    One of the best rock'n roll show I never seen. Great songs and good wine for Eddie :)
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    I enjoyed reading all of the posts of this thread, fanviews and otherwise. Instead of a journal, it's like a campfire dialogue. Those who got to hear Dirty Frank in France . . . Congratulations! I'm jealous :D
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • The show wasn't sold out? I'm suprised...I think this setlist and East Rutherford 2 are the 2 best setlists so far this tour :)
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • madsunmadsun Posts: 114
    you can find my pics here: http://www.longroad.it/marseille.zip
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    The show wasn't sold out? I'm suprised...I think this setlist and East Rutherford 2 are the 2 best setlists so far this tour :)

Speaking as someone who was at East R II, I would have to agree....Fatal? Fucking awesome
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • madsun wrote:
    you can find my pics here: http://www.longroad.it/marseille.zip
    Great photos. You were right infront of me. I remember you guys with the flag. Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!
    Astoria 20/4/06
    Reading 27/8/06
    Marseille 9/9/06
    Wembley Arena 18/6/07
    Nijmegen 28/6/07

Check out my PJ covers - http://www.youtube.com/wickedwkd
  • BlancheBlanche Posts: 247
    Ventilation was nil at the Dome.
    It was hotter than a witch's tit.

I think I exchanged more bodily fluids with more people in two 1/2 hours in comparison with the rest of my lifetime.
    I think I can throw away the clothes I wore Saturday night.

I apologise to everyone I bothered with my bag and hips.

Thanks to the gentlemen from security who gave us water.

What?
    The show?
    Oh yeah.
    Stellar.

Thanks, Pearl Jam.
    It was really worth the 6 year wait.
    See you at Bercy.

Sidenote:
    I think most of the fanviews are only arriving now because people were traveling.
    My train was 3 hrs late..
    Gotta love the High Speed Train.
    But we got a free lunch. To be consumed before 18 June 2008.

Note for Eddie:
    Your French really is merde. But it was a wonderful effort on your behalf.
    If you need a tutor, I can help you with that 1/2 assed pronounciation of yours. :)
  • and I'm not just talking PJ (well, i've only been to one other PJ gig!!). It was phenomenal, fantastic setlist, fantastic atmosphere, and I think the venue was pretty good as well (a little warm and rowdy but good nonetheless!!!). They played fatal and quite a few songs off no code and vitology which they haven't really dione this tour. The venue was tight and the le marseilleaise seem to love they're pearl jam. Some might say that the crowd was a bit wild, a whole lot of crazy moshing and crowd surfing, but i think it gave the feel of a really great PJ show from say 10 or so years ago. Meet some great people and had a great night. All in all fantastique!!! Can't wait for Paris tomoro!!! Au revoir!!!!
    If Pearl Jam was a beer, they'd probably be the best beer in the world!!
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    haven';t been in the live threads for a while but i just read that setlist and had to add my whooooa hehe

great damn setlist.. gives me chills just reading it just like Albany and grand rapids setlists!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • you fuckers got fatal....bastards!!!! consider yourselves lucky. damn.
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • JaneNY wrote:
    I stay off the threads usually, but simply must rave on this setlist! Sounds like one to maybe get.
    I agree me also but this is a setlist too remember!
    Rapid City 98
  • Hi,

This was my 1st PJ gig... what a gig !
    Waooouuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwww
    I've spent 3/4 of the gig to move & sing and my mind was elsewhere, in the middle of the stars probably...

2.5h of pure energy

The crowd was very hot. the versions were brillliant, the sound of every musician was great which is sooo important.

My favorite moments : Long road as an opener (thrilling), evenflow (mike's solo behind his head : incredible !!), alive, porch 'extended version, Black, given to fly

This setlist was for "purists". I really enjoyed it.
    The only thing just a bit disappointing was that for my 1st gig I would have loved to hear other classics or favs of mine like : I got shit, spin the black circle, i am mine, not for you, save you, nothing as it seems...

But I am going to bercy tonight !
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!

So it could be perfect because they will probably do another setlist with many of these and I will be able to hear some favs live.
    And you know, they don't play France every year like Usa...

It was worth the wait, anyway...
    Still waiting for a gig in Paris (in a venue not a festival) since 2006...
    Spin, spin !!

Marseille + Paris 2006
    London + Werchter 2007
    Arras + Belfast 2010
    Arras 2012
    Paris Lollapalooza 2022
  • :D:D Wow!! I got home last night and just crashed out!

The gig was amazing. I can safely say that it beat Astoria hands down. The set list was amazing, the crowd was amazing, the security were amazing - so nice and friendly.

Interesting point on the set up of the barriers. They put barriers up in a U shape which was nice. I was six rows back on the barrier Stone's side and it was nice to be able to be in the pit but still on the barrier. This made it much safer while still being able to go competely wild! :D:D

I knew from the moment they opened with Long Road that it was going to be a very special show. So many highlights of the night for me that it's impossible to write here every emotion and thought I have from Saturday. All I will say is that they performed the best version of Black I have ever heard. We were all singing along so much at the end that they started playing the instrumental bit again! :D

Such a special band, with equally special fans. To everyone I met in Marseille, you all rocked!! :D

I hope to see many of you again in Italy.

EVERYONE buy the BOOT!!!!!!
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • BCbteBCbte Posts: 61
    I normally wouldn't post on a fanview thread for a show i wasn't at, but that is easily the best setlist I have ever seen from Pearl Jam. It pretty much lists the top 10 songs I'd wanna hear at a Pearl Jam gig. I only hope Vienna has half those songs.

Wow, I have so many boots now that I didn't feel the need to buy any new ones (except for the shows I go to obviously), but I'm fairly certain I'll buy this one. It must of been amazing.
    Put the garbage in the garbage can... I can't stress that enough.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    BCbte wrote:
    I only hope Vienna has half those songs.

WELL SAID!!!
    That's what i WISH FOR US TODAY:)
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • RiffJamRiffJam Posts: 143
    Absolutely incredible, best gig for me so far with an AWESOME setlist. Just when we thought they couldn't keep producing dream songs...they kept them coming. Highlights for me were "Whipping" "Glorified G" "Satan's Bed" "Off he Goes" AND "Fatal" (!!)

Crowd a bit rough in the middle but very nice atmosphere on Mike's side at the front and actually a great venue too, intimate and great sound.

Also thanks to all of you staying at the New Hotel Select - we had a fantastic time and you are a great bunch. A special big THANK YOU to Sid - if you're reading this, what can I say....I really appreciate what you did for me (you know what I'm talking about..)

Sid, Blake, Paolo and Marga - hope you enjoy Paris as much as Marseille!

A bientot!
    London 28-10-96, London 29-10-96, London 20-04-06, Dublin 23-08-06, Reading 27-08-06, Marseille 09-09-06, Berlin 23-09-06, Athens 30-09-06, Madrid 09-06-07, London18-06-07, Copenhagen 26-06-07, Boston 28-06-08, London 11-08-09, Rotterdam 13-08-09, Manchester 17-08-09, London 18-08-09, Toronto 21-08-09, Philadelphia 30-10-09, Philadelphia 31-10-09, Manchester 20-06-12, Manchester 21-06-12, Stockholm 07-07-12, Leeds 08-07-14, Milton Keynes 11-07-14, Boston 05-08-16, Amsterdam 12-06-18, London 18-06-18, Krakow 03-07-18, London 18-07-18, Copenhagen 05-07-22, London 08-07-22
  • I live in marseille, 2 miles away from Le dome i couldn't believe that pearl jam could come and play there!!! and what a magic night with the boys and girls from the french forum! what a setlist! so many surprises they played Dirty frank!!! That was a wonderful night the band was amazing

Thank you Pearl jam :)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    What's the french forum called again? Can you give a link please?
  • RiffJam wrote:
    A special big THANK YOU to Sid - if you're reading this, what can I say....I really appreciate what you did for me (you know what I'm talking about..)

Sid, Blake, Paolo and Marga - hope you enjoy Paris as much as Marseille!

A bientot!

Sid and Blake were really cool guys! :D
    Not sure if I met you though. Did you go to the bar afterwards where they went?
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • redrock wrote:
    What's the french forum called again? Can you give a link please?

In english the french message pit ;)

http://www.pjbootstrading.org/forum