Options

Casper Wyoming 1994

stonetemplejamstonetemplejam Posts: 91
edited October 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Well this post is long past due.

I got to see pearl jam in 1995 at Casper Wyoming of all places. We hardly got any good concerts but pearl jam was having a battle with ticket master that year. I got to the show early and pushed my way to the front. I took my best friend to the show with me. This was my first concert. When eddie first hit the stage I thought it was not really him because he was skinner then I thought. I feel stupid now to admit it. Anyways when he started singing there was no dobut. I actually felt better about my self knowing eddie was skinny because I was pretty skinny back then.

I got lucky and pushed my way up closer to the pit. I was between the soundboard and the pit durring the show. It was amazing. They did a great set at the show. They even played Yellowledbetter because some one requested it. I remember that was one of the songs I really wanted to hear because it was rare and I thought it was one of the best pearl jam song. I also wanted to hear crazy mary but they did not play that. I wanted them to play hunger strike also but not at the show.

We did get to hear luckin before it came out on cd. I remember I was blown away by that song because it was so fast and the pit just went crazy. I really could not pick out too many of the words for that song. Pearl Jam sounded better in concert then they did on cd. They were just amazing. I did not leave the concert for any reason because I did not want to miss a thing.

Anyways this was one of the best shows I ever went to and I figured I would tell you guys about it. I scored a great ticket through ten club. That is how I got it. Other note this show was the opening show for the tour. I was very suprised they picked wyoming for a opening show

I did manage to get this shows boot leg. It is a pro bootleg. I remember I traded tons of cds to get it because I did not want to shell out $50.00 to buy the double cd boot leg. It was worth it. I still have it. The bootleg was called the Long Road it was the 1994 Casper Wyoming show.

This was one of the greatest days in my life. I was so inspired by this show that it made me want to make music. Also I have went to tons of concerts since because I just love going to shows. This was a rare day for me being that close to an idol and a dream come true. Thanks pearl jam.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    06/16/95 - Casper Events Center: Casper, WY [105m]
    attendance: 9,200
    support act: Scollywags and Bad Religion
    soundcheck: jam/Elderly Woman I Got Shit, jam/Improv (Hold Me?), Porch
    set: Long Road, Corduroy, Spin the Black Circle, Last Exit, Tremor Christ, Animal, Why Go, Jeremy, Better Man, Lukin, Not for You, Whipping, Glorified G, Daughter/(W.M.A.), Go, Alive, Immortality, Blood
    enc: Rearviewmirror, Dissident, Yellow Ledbetter, Porch
    notes: This date was originally scheduled at Boise Idaho's University Pavilion. Ed quell rumors of PJ returning to Ticketmaster for ticketing by beginning the show with, "... you may have heard about us giving into Ticketmaster in L.A. and New York City. Well, I just wanna tell ya—that's bullshit." 'Long Road' is premiered here. 'Why Go' features a new drum intro. After 'Alive,' a kid throws his baseball cap up on stage, Ed says, "He throws his hat up on stage, now he says 'hey eddie I want it back.' Ah, he just wanted me to hold it he says. I'll do more than just hold it,'" and he proceeds to turn around, unzip his pants and stick the hat down his pants, then pulls it out, and says, "There you go" as he throws the hat back to the kid. At the start of the encore, Stone says, "Where's that hat? I wanna smell that hat." Ed goes into a story about other places they could have played in Wyoming ... "Thermopolis" (crowd boos). Jeff: "Straight outta Thermopolis." Ed: "We could played Bar None. Is there actually a city called Meeteetsie? Don't touch me teet-sie. We really thought seriously about playing Cokeville but we didn't think that was very PC, so we thought Green River might fit." He chats about some other towns and then says he's glad they're in Casper (huge applause) and thanks Bad Religion and mentions that they played with them before in Germany, leading to 'RVM.' The aftershow Monkeywrench Radio broadcasts begin after this concert, with Ed spinning favorites such as the Foo Fighters and Pete Townshend disks and taking phone calls.