Options

Question from a noob about some old PJ memorabilia

2»

Comments

• Options
    cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    Thank you sir! These are just... just magnificent! And welcome back, it's good to have you here.

I can't say it any better than this...What he said...
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • Options
    Bravo, man. Bravo!
  • Options
    glorifiedmeglorifiedme indiana Posts: 85
    probably some of the coolest pics to have in your personal collection!!!!! Welcome back to the pj/10c family! Hope someone has some answers for you about pricing that way awesome stuff out.

I have to agree, you are in no way a "noob" if anything, you've experienced much more pj than most of us have, and a majority of us are extremely jealous :lol: ...so glad to see you on here! You're going to love this forum! :D
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today...

6/27/1998, 10/08/2000, 5/16/2006, 6/29/2006, 8/23/2009, 8/24/2009, 5/07/2010,(EV)-6/29/11, (EV)-7/01/11, (PJ20)-9/3/11, (PJ20)-9/4/11....
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    This happens to be one of the best threads in MONTHS!!!

Awesome photos!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    I thought you might have a few gems, but WOW! Absofuckinlutely awesome! Thank you for sharing! Exclamation point!
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Great pics!!! However, I would have put my camera down after taking the third picture. Geeky Stone actually looks mean and pissed off! :lol:
  • Options
    P J PP J P Posts: 22
    Thanks all - I'm glad to share the goodness with the true believers. I'm stoked to see such a positive response to these pics, but then again, how could I have expected anything less?

I'm reminded once again how incredibly lucky I was to be a kid during those years and to have been able to take part in so many amazing shows - even though I bitched to no end at the time about being under age and not being able to get in to many more shows... I had the world's worst fake ID and actually got it confiscated the second time I tried to use it. I still got to see Green River, Pearl Jam, Mudhoney, The Melvins, and Nirvana play (all but PJ to very small crowds) -- and all before my 21st birthday. :shock:

In hindsight, I'm lucky as hell to be born and raised when and where I was, and to have an older friend who cured my middle school british metal obsession by dragging me to the Gorilla Gardens and showing me there was something special to be found in the music being made here at home.

As I've mentioned to many of you via PM, I've decided I'm not going to sell any of this stuff. The memories are mine and always will be, but my 12 year old daughter is becoming a huge PJ fan and I'm going to hold on to all of this for her.

However, I'm going to investigate what I can do with the negatives for these photos and see about getting some more prints made - complete sets of everything I shot that day, plus some B&W's and larger prints of some of the more interesting shots - and if so, I'll be willing to trade those (not sell - I'm not looking to make money off these) for other PJ related stuff so I can build an even larger and cooler collection for me and my daughter to geek out on. If I can pull that together, I'll post a thread about it here and let all of you who've PM'd me know what's up.

Thanks again for the all the positivity and warm welcomes - this board is a very cool gathering of very cool people.