Options

FOUND

3days3days Posts: 1,152
edited January 2012 in Lost Dogs
FOUND
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    What was the deal with this? The band pulled it?

Anyone got a pic?
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    All of the sudden, everybody wants this print.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Or just some info...
  • Options
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    NB58302NB58302 Posts: 105
    edited January 2012
    The poster, in reality, is a bootleg poster. Band never pulled this from the merch stands. Poster was made after the show just like all the other "Missing Link" prints (Atlanta and Pittsburgh were the two others). I have this print but it will cost you $2200. I know that sounds ridiculous but it's what I would sell it for. I always despised that "Missing Link did this. The sale was through Ames and many believe that Ames is Missing Link. To me, it's like me making a poster for the Toronto 96 show. I never held any personal value to these prints because of this.

Also, this is not the rarest poster from Pearl Jam. The Emek Santa Barbara is probably the hardest to find because it was a promotional poster.
    Post edited by NB58302 on
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    If you look at gig posters, very few artists go through the band. Many more now than ever, but still, most have a relationship with a promoter or specific venue. Not authorized by the band. Not much different with the Missing Link stuff. Although, it was super odd to be contacted through the AMES mailing list. Like a rogue employee or something.

Anyway, it's the best looking poster of the three. Chicago is even spelled correctly!
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    That gig was played on my 21st birthday. Don't thnk I'll ever own that poster :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options

Cool poster, but geeeez... 2 Grand? I will have to admire from a far- way, way far.

Anyone know why they pulled it?
  • Options
    ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    they were selling the philly poster the night of the chicago 2000 show. and there was talk THAT night that the intended poster was pulled.

not sure what happened, but it appears the band didnt like the poster.
  • Options
    ewokpelts wrote:
    they were selling the philly poster the night of the chicago 2000 show. and there was talk THAT night that the intended poster was pulled.

clowns can be freaky...

I heard it called the "Blackie" poster- and I saw the clown, and thoughty maybe the band pulled it b/c somehow the clown looked like he was in "black-face" make-up or something?

Then on expressobeans I saw that "blackie" was the artist... so, I am as uninformed as usual...
  • Options
    I don't think there was any intention of selling these at the show, ever. They were created after the tour.

MANY cities didn't get a poster on the Binaural tour. These were only produced for three of the bigger market shows.

A lawyer probably made a call after the band and/or Ames heard of mailing. That was the end of that.
  • Options
    SO7522SO7522 Posts: 94
    ewokpelts wrote:

The Chicago poster was not pulled for sale on the night of the show. I purchased mine in June/July 2001 after I received an e-mail sale notification.

During my conversations with Ames during the time of the Binarual tour, they informed me they were only making posters for venues where multiple nights were being played or a special night (eg tour kick-off).

I believe these were made by Ames under the fictitious Missing Link name.
  • Options
    JMo wrote:
    I don't think there was any intention of selling these at the show, ever. They were created after the tour.

MANY cities didn't get a poster on the Binaural tour. These were only produced for three of the bigger market shows.

A lawyer probably made a call after the band and/or Ames heard of mailing. That was the end of that.
    just went through the poster book. 11 posters were sold for the us binaural tour. some were repeats, but 11 were sold. not three.

but again, my personal experience at the show in 2000 was that the chicago poster was pulled and never sent to the venue. they sold excess philly posters to fillthe void.
  • Options
    ewokpelts wrote:
    JMo wrote:

just went through the poster book. 11 posters were sold for the us binaural tour. some were repeats, but 11 were sold. not three.

but again, my personal experience at the show in 2000 was that the chicago poster was pulled and never sent to the venue. they sold excess philly posters to fillthe void.

THREE Missing Link posters. Not three total for the Binaural tour. A ton of cities didn't get a show specific poster.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    All of the sudden, everybody wants this print.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Truthfully, I've wanted this print for quite a few years. I went to the show, and it was a really great show.

As for the mystery about the poster, my assumption is that it has to do with Roskilde. This is purely speculation, and shouldn't be misconstrued as anything that the band or Ames has ever stated, but I suspect that several posters for several dates were scrapped for the 2000 US tour. Most of the non US dates had posters in 2000. Immediately after, only a handful of the US dates had posters. I think that in lieu of the tragedy, any posters or merch with violent imagery were abandoned out of respect; notice that the official US posters from 2000 are decidedly nonviolent. Ames has created many posters over the years that call out menacing societal and political ills. I'd wager that the 2000 tour was no exception, but the timing was just poor.

Aside from it being a great show, I appreciate the design. It is very Chicago... Al Capone and Bozo all in one. Also, something about a clown with a gun that sounds pretty accurate.
  • Options
    3days wrote:
    Truthfully, I've wanted this print for quite a few years. I went to the show, and it was a really great show.

As for the mystery about the poster, my assumption is that it has to do with Roskilde. This is purely speculation, and shouldn't be misconstrued as anything that the band or Ames has ever stated, but I suspect that several posters for several dates were scrapped for the 2000 US tour. Most of the non US dates had posters in 2000. Immediately after, only a handful of the US dates had posters. I think that in lieu of the tragedy, any posters or merch with violent imagery were abandoned out of respect; notice that the official US posters from 2000 are decidedly nonviolent. Ames has created many posters over the years that call out menacing societal and political ills. I'd wager that the 2000 tour was no exception, but the timing was just poor.

Aside from it being a great show, I appreciate the design. It is very Chicago... Al Capone and Bozo all in one. Also, something about a clown with a gun that sounds pretty accurate.

Now- that makes sense.

Thanks for posting.
  • Options
    If anyone can make a high end COPY of this poster, I'm interested. This is purely for my own collection/wall.
  • Options
    Now- that makes sense.

Thanks for posting.

No problem... Like I said, it's just an assumption. Coupled with the fact that it was advertised to folks on Ames mailing list, and that it looks professionally done, I'm guessing that it was once intended to be sold at the shows. Maybe the APs were sitting around after the tour, and the artist decided to sell 'em.
  • Options
    FOUND