what are you drinking, right now?

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    No more drinking or smoking for a loooong time for me....and I just started my health kick again today....so I am drinking cold water with ice and crushed lime. And it's delicious!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I'm jealous of all the people imbibing this weekend.

Then again, you don't have this:

100_0915.jpg

:D:D:D

I can live without the booze, I suppose.

edit: how obvious is it that I'm showing off the gunz?

:lol::lol: very subtle....
  • :lol::lol: very subtle....

i thought so originally, then my ego left the room for a second and I was all like, "woah, I'm a narcissistic dweeb." That's what happens on the internet sometimes I guess.

anywho... still drinking water.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    No more drinking or smoking for a loooong time for me....and I just started my health kick again today....so I am drinking cold water with ice and crushed lime. And it's delicious!

Is that why you are so grumpy?
    I'm jealous of all the people imbibing this weekend.

Then again, you don't have this:

100_0915.jpg

:D:D:D

I can live without the booze, I suppose.

edit: how obvious is it that I'm showing off the gunz?

Fuck booze. I'd much prefer the cutie in your arms. Society places too much emphasis on alcohol. And until you stop drinking, you don't even realise. It kills so much creativity and time. I love my non-drinking and non-smoking periods. I read more, create, exercise, eat well, play more. Makes me appreciate life so much more. I feel sorry for children with boozy parents.
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Hahaha I'm not grumpy! I'm still in bed actually. Haven't had time to get grumpy yet!

ZiggyStar wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Hahaha I'm not grumpy! I'm still in bed actually. Haven't had time to get grumpy yet!

Wow...you replied within my post.... this "not drinking" thing has been rough on you...
    Hahaha I'm on my phone. Never post from my phone.
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    Fuck booze. I'd much prefer the cutie in your arms. Society places too much emphasis on alcohol. And until you stop drinking, you don't even realise. It kills so much creativity and time. I love my non-drinking and non-smoking periods. I read more, create, exercise, eat well, play more. Makes me appreciate life so much more. I feel sorry for children with boozy parents.

I hear you! I have my son 3 days per week and almost never booze. Last week I drank heavily Thursday and Friday night and most of the day Saturday (when he was with his mother, of course) and felt like SHIT. Only today, six days later, do I feel back to my normal self.

Booze and the people who booze are always tryin to pull me back, but it rarely happens. Maybe a few times per year.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Society places too much emphasis on alcohol. And until you stop drinking, you don't even realise. It kills so much creativity and time. I love my non-drinking and non-smoking periods. I read more, create, exercise, eat well, play more. Makes me appreciate life so much more. I feel sorry for children with boozy parents.

I agree,I haven't drank for a number of years,no other reason than I got bored with it and grew up I guess.I now have such a terrible intolerance for really drunk drunks,the ones that are boring because they talk shit yet think they are being windswept and interesting and dangerous because they can't take care of themselves or others.

Water with ice and lime sounds so delicious
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    Fuck! I just posted a comment about the narcissistic dweeb above showing us some pics with his shirt off but that's disappeared...well, didn't work. Stupid phone.

So narc dweeb, how about it? Hahaha

I hear you! I have my son 3 days per week and almost never booze. Last week I drank heavily Thursday and Friday night and most of the day Saturday (when he was with his mother, of course) and felt like SHIT. Only today, six days later, do I feel back to my normal self.

Booze and the people who booze are always tryin to pull me back, but it rarely happens. Maybe a few times per year.

YES! I've been having a few drinks a month since I've been trying to conceive and not really getting drunk etc but I really hooked in thursday before Xmas and stopped 3 or 4 days ago. I felt like crap for three days. Not hungover. Just my whole body felt like shit. How did I function when I was drinking heavily nearly every night back in 2008 and 2009?! Disgusting! No wonder I was 15 kilos heavier!! Finished my weed last night too. Had heaps of fun but glad its over!

Maybe I should move this into the healthy workout thread and stop killing the boozy thread! Hahaha
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    Good. Your healthy lifestyle will keep you looking great in your thong. Woops ! I meant sarong
    stargirl69 wrote:

I agree,I haven't drank for a number of years,no other reason than I got bored with it and grew up I guess.I now have such a terrible intolerance for really drunk drunks,the ones that are boring because they talk shit yet think they are being windswept and interesting and dangerous because they can't take care of themselves or others.

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely LOVE drinking and smoking. I'll never "quit" either of them. But I like having many months off....And wouldnt mind trying to do a year or two off. I just get sooooo much done!! And I love how my body feels when I don't imbibe. A healthy body feels sexy!! Only realised this in the past year or so!
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Good. Your healthy lifestyle will keep you looking great in your thong. Woops ! I meant sarong

Haha The thong under my sarong! :lol:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    stargirl69 wrote:

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely LOVE drinking and smoking. I'll never "quit" either of them. But I like having many months off....And wouldnt mind trying to do a year or two off. I just get sooooo much done!! And I love how my body feels when I don't imbibe. A healthy body feels sexy!! Only realised this in the past year or so!

It's possible to do both!
    edited December 2011

Yeah it is. I feel healthier this way though. But definitely possible. However, I don't know many people who can do both.
    Post edited by ZiggyStar on
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Yeah it is. I feel healthier this way though.

Take me for example, I drink often, and look killer in a thong...
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    stargirl69 wrote:

I think your perspective on them both may change when baby comes along.
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Yeah it is. I feel healthier this way though.

Take me for example, I drink often, and look killer in a thong...

:lol:
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Faithfull Ale
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Women are more susceptible to the health problems associated with drinking.
    For example : On average ,it takes a heavy drinking male 7 years to develop alcohol induced hepatitis.
    With a woman it takes one year.
    Women are more susceptible to the health problems associated with drinking.
    For example : On average ,it takes a heavy drinking male 7 years to develop alcohol induced hepatitis.

Fuck! One year vs 7 years....that's shocking!
  • Water! It's my favorite drink :)
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    worked all day
    cold refreshing diet mountain dew.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    Women are more susceptible to the health problems associated with drinking.

Fuck! One year vs 7 years....that's shocking!
    It is alarming. It is due to women's hormonal and metabolite differences, less cellular water and body weight.
    I usually have long periods of abstaining from drinking when I set health goals like you did. It does make one feel 100% better when combined with other healthy lifestyle choices.
    My next time to party will be seeing PJ 2 nights in Amsterdam. The perfect place to let loose.
    It is alarming. It is due to women's hormonal and metabolite differences, less cellular water and body weight.
    I usually have long periods of abstaining from drinking when I set health goals like you did. It does make one feel 100% better when combined with other healthy lifestyle choices.
    My next time to party will be seeing PJ 2 nights in Amsterdam. The perfect place to let loose.

Amsterdam! :thumbup: Oh yeahhhh!! I'd be hooking into all sorts of good shit there! :mrgreen:
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

Amsterdam! :thumbup: Oh yeahhhh!! I'd be hooking into all sorts of good shit there! :mrgreen:
    Meet me there. The tickets are my treat
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Meet me there. The tickets are my treat

Oooh la laaa! I'd so take you up on that if I could. 8-)

Why am I not rich?! Whhhhyyyy??? :x
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Michelob Ultra. It's going to be one of those nights.