Options

Listening to 'The Experiment' (Mansfield)...

SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
edited December 2011 in The Porch
...God that acoustic set is just so awesome
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    One of my favorite boots of all time.. too bad some songs are ruined by The Mansfield Screamer (the girl with the really high shrill scream that seems to scream at the most inopportune times)
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    What year is are those boots, I have heard alot about them and would like to get my hands on em.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    edited December 2011
    What year is are those boots, I have heard alot about them and would like to get my hands on em.

July 2, 3, 11 2003
    Post edited by BinFrog on
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:

Yeah, it was. When the pre-set started, the place was nearly empty. We had 20th row dead center seats, and the seats in front of us were probably 80% empty going up to the stage.
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    BinFrog wrote:

July 2, 3, 11 2011
    You mean July 2, 3 & 11 2003
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    These 3 boots exist as one long playlist on my iPhone.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:

July 2, 3, 11 2011
    You mean July 2, 3 & 11 2003

I edited my response as you were apparently replying to mine :)

I am having an off day with my typing. My fingers are going faster than my brain.
  • Options
    So are all three the experiment of is it only the show on the 11th.
  • Options
    So are all three the experiment of is it only the show on the 11th.

The experiment was all 3 nights without repeating a song. They pulled it off with the exception of Yellow Ledbetter.
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    One of my favorite boots of all time.. too bad some songs are ruined by The Mansfield Screamer (the girl with the really high shrill scream that seems to scream at the most inopportune times)

You should hear the Athens, Greece '06 bootleg... The Athens Screamer is much much worse... And it's the only show i've been to with an official boot.. :-(

Anyway, back on Mansfield, I love listening to Benny Hall just before the July 11th show...
    Such an awesome show!!!
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Favorite boots of all time........doenst get any better than this.
  • Options
    the worst bootleg screamer ruiner is: Albany '06
  • Options
    eyejacker wrote:

You should hear the Athens, Greece '06 bootleg... The Athens Screamer is much much worse... And it's the only show i've been to with an official boot.. :-(

No shit! I was stood behind her!!! She didn't ruin the gig but christ does she ruin the bootleg!!. Black was beautiful that night but I cannot listen to it on the boot.
    Some people have to have the sultry evenings Cocktails in the blue, red and grey But I like every minute of the day.
    INTER-FUCKING-MISSION!!!
    Newcastle-Riverside 02/22/92!!!
    E.rutherford New Jersey 01/06/06
    Athens -Greece.survived !barely-
    Wembley 18/06/07- no words- just smiles!
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    eyejacker wrote:

No shit! I was stood behind her!!! She didn't ruin the gig but christ does she ruin the bootleg!!. Black was beautiful that night but I cannot listen to it on the boot.

AMEN!!
    i hope we get bootlegs of the Euro '12 tour... So gutted '07 was left out :-(
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:

Yeah, it was. When the pre-set started, the place was nearly empty. We had 20th row dead center seats, and the seats in front of us were probably 80% empty going up to the stage.

Absolutely correct! Traffic was a nightmare and most people arrived late.

I have been pretty lucky when it comes to shows (Boston Garden "94, MSG2 slow lukin, Seattle 2000, Alpine to name a few) and those three shows have been the highlight for me. I think I heard 98 songs in 3 nights...By the end of the third show I could not think of another song that they could have played.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You mean the chick from Sleater Kinney :lol: Ya she ruined it for me too.
    seriously though
    Post edited by BastardsInTheBalcony on
    8/30/00, 7/11/03, 8/28/08, 8/30/08, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, PJ20, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/25/13, Fenway 2016 1&2
    EV Solo Albany 1&2 09
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539

You mean the chick from Sleater Kinney :lol: Ya she ruined it for me too.
    seriously though
    Fuck. You beat me to it. She Ruined fortunate son on that tour and I think in Camden she did hunger strike.

I went to the 7/3 show. Driven to tears was amazing and I am a patriot too.
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Sawyer wrote:
    That acoustic set is miles better than MTV Unplugged and Benaroya.

Long Road, Of The Girl, Sometimes, Off He Goes, All Those Yesterdays, Drifting, Thin Air, Sleight Of Hand, Footsteps, All Or None, Parting Ways, Indifference.

Probably 7 of my top 20 PJ songs in there!

The main set is superb too!! :D I've not listened to the first 2 nights for a long time..
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    LamentLament Posts: 294
    veddertown wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:
    That acoustic set is miles better than MTV Unplugged and Benaroya.

Long Road, Of The Girl, Sometimes, Off He Goes, All Those Yesterdays, Drifting, Thin Air, Sleight Of Hand, Footsteps, All Or None, Parting Ways, Indifference.

Probably 7 of my top 20 PJ songs in there!

The main set is superb too!! :D I've not listened to the first 2 nights for a long time..

Agreed on the acoustic set being far superior to their MTV Unplugged and Benaroya. I'm still not sure if I like it more than Bridge School 92 or 96, but it's close.
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:

July 2, 3, 11 2003

would love to get my hands on these also. I should have been there, but circumstances did not allow and I have regretted missing ever since. :( I wonder if I looked really hard, would I be able to find a copy? any suggestions?
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options
    Listening to 7/3 right now on rhapsody. They have all 03, 06 and 08 shows.
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,503
    one of the worst ppl to ruin a boot was one of the bridge school acoustic shows. It came in a purple sleeve and was probably mid 90s. Two ppl talking throughout. aaaaah!
  • Options
    Rambis35Rambis35 Posts: 235
    Getting to see all three shows of "The Experiment" was such an amazing experience. I'll never forget Eddie announcing the band's plan to play 105 songs in three shows. Luckily enough, there were tickets available for night three after the first show. What a summer!
  • Options
    The thing I always wondered about these shows was why did they pkay 2 nights in a row at the same venue, then go elsewhere then come back to the same venue a week later? I'm sure there is a good answer that I just never have known, but I've never seen another tour in my life do that.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506
    The thing I always wondered about these shows was why did they pkay 2 nights in a row at the same venue, then go elsewhere then come back to the same venue a week later? I'm sure there is a good answer that I just never have known, but I've never seen another tour in my life do that.

The experiment was decided after they already had the tour booked, if I remember correctly. The July 11 show was a last minute addition.
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    I think the 7/11 was an add in after Ed said he wanted to play every song in the pearl jam catalog.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776

Fuck. You beat me to it. She Ruined fortunate son on that tour and I think in Camden she did hunger strike.

I went to the 7/3 show. Driven to tears was amazing and I am a patriot too.

she did hunger strike at PNC. man, when i heard the opening cords, boner. when she started singing, flatulence.

and yeah, the mansfield acoustic set was off the hook. you can tell the set list was carefully selected.
  • Options
    My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926

These are FLAC links. Pretty sure MP3s can be found at pearljambootlegs.org

#62 Mansfield, MA - July 2nd 2003
    DISC1 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3A8FX645
    DISC2 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q9HXYLLX
    set: Oceans, Go, Hail Hail, Save You, Deep, Get Right, Dissident, I Am Mine, Even Flow, Help Help, Immortality, In My Tree, Light Years, Evacuation, Whipping, Grievance, Present Tense, Porch
    enc 1: Thumbing My Way, Elderly Woman, Smile, State Of Love And Trust, Leaving Here
    enc 2: Soon Forget, Bushleaguer, Fuckin’ Up

#63 Mansfield, MA - July 3rd 2003
    DISC1 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0S2VVMK5
    DISC2 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7YNFK3OQ
    set: Release, Animal, Gods’ Dice, Do The Evolution, Insignificance, Love Boat Captain, I Got Shit, Low Light, Rival, Lukin, Not For You, Daughter/(WMA)/(I’ve Been Tired), You Are, In Hiding, I Am A Patriot, Once, Rearviewmirror
    enc 1: Driven To Tears, Corduroy, Soldier Of Love, Crazy Mary, Alive
    enc 2: Baba O’Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

#68 Mansfield, MA - July 11th 2003
    DISC1 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9TPE70KZ
    DISC2 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ELKM5LFB
    DISC3 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VNLKQAIK
    PJ preset: Long Road, Of The Girl, Sometimes, Off He Goes, All Those Yesterdays, Drifting, Thin Air, Sleight Of Hand, Footsteps, All Or None(/Heartbreaker), Parting Ways, Indifference
    set: Can’t Keep, Breakerfall, Brain of J, Spin the Black Circle, Ghost, Green Disease, Tremor Christ, Given To Fly, Nothing As It Seems, Cropduster, Faithfull, Why Go, Wishlist/(Why Can’t I Touch It?), Leatherman, Nothingman, Better Man, 1/2 Full, Untitled/MFC, Blood
    enc 1: Breath, Habit, Down, Mankind, U, Black, Jeremy
    enc 2: Arc, I Believe In Miracles, Know Your Rights, Fortunate Son, Rockin’ in the Free World
    enc 3: Yellow Ledbetter
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,000
    I'm Locked and I endorse this thread.

Listen to "sleight of hand" > "footsteps"
    From 7/11/03...

Some of the most perfect vocals Ed has ever performed..

Not to be a downer but why the complete blackout of any video from these three shows?
    It's like the area 51 of PJ concert videos...
    I was praying that something would be included in the PJ20 bonus CDs but nope...
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    Rambis35 wrote:
    Getting to see all three shows of "The Experiment" was such an amazing experience. I'll never forget Eddie announcing the band's plan to play 105 songs in three shows. Luckily enough, there were tickets available for night three after the first show. What a summer!

I absolutly agree! Saw all three myself and I still can not believe how easy it was to pick up tickets for the third show. When I heard that the band was going to start the night out acoustically, for night 3, I knew it was going to be an amazing night. What a set of shows they were too!