Options

You can always tell a new PJ item has been released

White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
edited December 2011 in Lost Dogs
Because it's all over eBay:). Lots of soundtracks there
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I get a chuckle out of some of the asking prices, but I imagine someone out there is foolish enough to pay that much.
    Bridge School Benefit 1 1994 Fargo 2003 Winnipeg 2005 St Paul 2006 Auckland 2009 Christchurch 2009 2011: Alpine Valley 1 & 2 Montreal Toronto 1 & 2 Ottawa Hamilton Winnipeg Saskatoon Calgary Edmonton Vancouver
    EV MPLS 2011 Missoula 9/30/12
  • Options
    You are right, there is already alot of bids out of my budget
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    completed listings.....PJ20 Vinyl 300 bucks....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    My favourite one is the listing that says it's "out-of-print" but in the notes they say that the item hasn't been released. I'm trying not to get caught up with all the crap but that just makes no sense! Something that hasn't been released cannot be out-of-print! Idiot.
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Suziemay wrote:
    My favourite one is the listing that says it's "out-of-print" but in the notes they say that the item hasn't been released. I'm trying not to get caught up with all the crap but that just makes no sense! Something that hasn't been released cannot be out-of-print! Idiot.
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    Suziemay wrote:

This exact thing has been killing me all day, and there are plenty of places you can still buy the LP so I'm not quite sure why there are bids over $100. A fool and his money...
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

This exact thing has been killing me all day, and there are plenty of places you can still buy the LP so I'm not quite sure why there are bids over $100. A fool and his money...

See, my issue isn't with the the dumb bidders or even the fact that the sellers are bold enough to ask for $300 for this. My issue is with the contradicting information. There must be something wrong with me. I'm so bothered by this out-of-print/unreleased nonsense that I might set up a dummy eBay account just to ask them to explain themselves :mrgreen:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    in theory...it could be out of print and not released....in fact this item most likely is...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    in theory...it could be out of print and not released....in fact this item most likely is...

How so?
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    81 wrote:

How so?

are they done with the printing process? i would say yes

will they press more? doubtful

has it been released? no.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    no my issue is with people who buy stuff that is (or that they think is) limited purely to sell it for a profit... it's such a rip on people who actually wanted it and missed out who will end up paying the inflated prices...
    But then I also never understand why people have their vinyl still sealed years after it has been released. Music is meant to be heard
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    81 wrote:

How so?

are they done with the printing process? i would say yes

will they press more? doubtful

has it been released? no.

I suppose that's technically correct but this is still available through some retailers. I don't think a book is labeled out of print unless you can no longer get it directly from bookstores, even though printers are no longer printing them, right?
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    I suppose that's technically correct but this is still available through some retailers. I don't think a book is labeled out of print unless you can no longer get it directly from bookstores, even though printers are no longer printing them, right?

i guess it's all technical and how you want to slice it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    no my issue is with people who buy stuff that is (or that they think is) limited purely to sell it for a profit... it's such a rip on people who actually wanted it and missed out who will end up paying the inflated prices...
    But then I also never understand why people have their vinyl still sealed years after it has been released. Music is meant to be heard

soooo, you aren't interested in my copy..... :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

i guess it's all technical and how you want to slice it.

Ok, I'm over it. I will no longer be setting up a dummy eBay account to ask them to explain themselves :D
  • Options
    movaughnmovaughn Posts: 1,293
    One seller on eBay has it and the white BS for like 500 each. He also had one with the 3 singles that are in the goods for free listed at like 75 bucks. I looked up his name and he just signed up for a membership.
    Alpine Valley - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley - Oct 08, 2000, Alpine Valley - Jun 21, 2003
    United Center - May 16, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006
    Alpine Valley - Sep 03, 2011, Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Wrigley Field - August 20, 2016, Wrigley Field - August 22, 2016
  • Options
    81 wrote:

soooo, you aren't interested in my copy..... :x
    Noooo.... (well actually...) but it's not an ornament
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    movaughn wrote:
    One seller on eBay has it and the white BS for like 500 each. He also had one with the 3 singles that are in the goods for free listed at like 75 bucks. I looked up his name and he just signed up for a membership.

That figures.
  • Options
    I don't hate them. If someone offered to buy all my Christmas presents in exchange for a $50 record id let them
    things are only as valuable as we let them be if that's what people are buying them for on ebay than that's what there worth. The price will drop on the 13th when the record is available in stores and 50 or 60 more people saturate ebay with it probably will go for $100 $120 then next year it will be back up there