if DAUGHTER was BROTHER....what was BROTHER?

neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
edited November 2011 in The Porch
???????????????????????????

HMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

THE BROTHER WE KNOW IS FROM PRE DAUGHTER RIGHT?

this $ 6 investment was great..can watch it over and over and rewind :mrgreen:
i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Brother was probably Father

Father was probably uncle

and uncle probable became Dirty Frank... ;)
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • thefixer9 wrote:

if you were alive at the time..i might say maybe you;re right ;):lol:

but we know who dirty frank is
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429
    Brother is the little brother of the big brother. There wouldn't be one without the other. That's why there are two of them.
    134xxx
    Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
    Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
    Fugazi - 2000-10-10
    The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24
  • TT8270 wrote:
    Brother is the little brother of the big brother. There wouldn't be one without the other. That's why there are two of them.
    :? :? :mrgreen:
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    My brother is called Paul, my sister is Sarah. They are definately separate people!
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    great question by the OP and silliness afterwards. I had this question too after seeing PJ20 and can't wait for the dvd so I can properly hear and digest what EV's lyrics were during this version. I couldnt hear well at The Troc in Philly unless it was something loud. EV sung it so softly when they were playing it on the bus, that it was very hard to decipher the lyrics. A friend of mine on this forum thought maybe it was EV talking about himself with his relationships with his various brothers and other male children that lived with him as a youngster in Illinois. Cant wait for the dvd so I can try to decipher and analysis better
  • great question by the OP and silliness afterwards. I had this question too after seeing PJ20 and can't wait for the dvd so I can properly hear and digest what EV's lyrics were during this version. I couldnt hear well at The Troc in Philly unless it was something loud. EV sung it so softly when they were playing it on the bus, that it was very hard to decipher the lyrics. A friend of mine on this forum thought maybe it was EV talking about himself with his relationships with his various brothers and other male children that lived with him as a youngster in Illinois. Cant wait for the dvd so I can try to decipher and analysis better

serious question and i get mostly jokes :roll:

too funny

anyway i wonder whats up with that
  • Hey, if you listen to the lyrics of "brother" in the PJ20 movie...it talks about the brother leading the sister in the bedroom and closing the door...then "don't call me brother"...i would say most unsavoury actions by the brother to the sister...

and then it transformed into daughter as that subject matter may have been too risque for audiences...

Just an observation :shifty:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Hey, if you listen to the lyrics of "brother" in the PJ20 movie...it talks about the brother leading the sister in the bedroom and closing the door...then "don't call me brother"...i would say most unsavoury actions by the brother to the sister...

and then it transformed into daughter as that subject matter may have been too risque for audiences...

ok we're making some sense now..maybe :mrgreen:

thank you for a serious answer :)

you are very welcome...it was what I heard in the lyrics...so nobody freak out, alright? :lol:
  • Brother was Brother...

At the time, it was unreleased and not going to see the light of day, so why not recycle the title?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    Or Cameron just threw the name 'Brother' on it because Eddie was saying brother instead of daughter. As in, the band themselves didn't have a name for it at that point.
  • If you get the New Year's Eve concert that came with the Avacado CD (Ten Club Edition), you can listen to an early version of Daughter, in which Ed sings different lyrics that seem to match the PJ20 movie version.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Thorns2010 wrote:
    Or Cameron just threw the name 'Brother' on it because Eddie was saying brother instead of daughter. As in, the band themselves didn't have a name for it at that point.

Ed refers to it as "a new song called brother" at the show Lost In Ohio talks about
    If you get the New Year's Eve concert that came with the Avacado CD (Ten Club Edition), you can listen to an early version of Daughter, in which Ed sings different lyrics that seem to match the PJ20 movie version.
  • thefixer9 wrote:

and then dirty frank became wash, wash became corduroy, corduroy became undone, undone became off he goes, off he goes became can't keep, can't keep became all or none, all or none became nothing as it seems, nothing as it seems became no way, no way became hail hail...
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz

you are very welcome...it was what I heard in the lyrics...so nobody freak out, alright? :lol:

Oh, and I was referring to the scene where Stone and Ed were practicing the song on the bus...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4x1RZsuGZw

Not my video by the way...
  • phungiphungi Posts: 640
    Hey, if you listen to the lyrics of "brother" in the PJ20 movie...it talks about the brother leading the sister in the bedroom and closing the door...then "don't call me brother"...i would say most unsavoury actions by the brother to the sister...

I believe what happened was actually the revelation of being hermaphrodite, but the term "brister" didn't work as well...
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • Thorns2010 wrote:

i like this
  • Thorns2010 wrote:

i like this

me too
  • Does anyone want to take a stab at the lyrics? I can SORT OF understand what he's singing, but not all that well. I made a private video on youtube that plays the whole song (ignore the watermark, please!) ;)

http://youtu.be/PI-4wYz4ICY
  • "alone, listless
    breakfast table in an
    otherwise empty room
    young girl, violins
    center of her own attention
    in another room a
    mother tells a story

[chorus]
    don't call me brother,
    not fit to be
    the picture kept will remind me
    (x2)
    don't call me

breakfast table in an
    otherwise empty room
    young girl, violins
    center of her own attention
    in another room a
    mother tells a story

[chorus]
    don't call me brother,
    not fit to be
    the picture kept will remind me
    (x2)
    don't call me

Thank you for doing this..it's what I heard too

except I hear this at the one line...
    upstairs the brother takes her hand

:thumbup:
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    someone is transgender
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

Zombie threads rising from the dead
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...