Options

FT: Sealed Rearviewmirror LP; ISO: opened copy of RVM

kreay01kreay01 Posts: 33
edited November 2011 in Lost Dogs
I was fortunate to stumble across a sealed mint copy of RVM in a local record store. I need it for my collection, but I would prefer that it was opened, because I want to listen to it.

SO.... this may be a shot in the dark, but I was wondering if there was anyone out there who would be interested in a trade of my sealed mint copy of RVM for an opened copy of the same album in playable condition. Now I know this isn't a straight across trade, so maybe we could work out some sort of trade package.

Here are some of the other things I am looking for:
Pearl Jam - Avocado LP
Pearl Jam - Lost Dogs LP
Pearl Jam - Live on Two Legs LP

Here are a some other things I have to trade in addition:
Eddie Vedder Ukulele Songs songbook
Pearl Jam - 5 Alive, Blue Vinyl
Pearl Jam - VS, LP original pressing
Soundgarden - Down on the Upside, double LP
Soundgarden - Live on I-5

Anyone out there interested in making a trade?
Just to be clear, I am primarily looking for an opened copy of Rearviewmirror. Maybe it is a long shot, but doesn't hurt to try, right?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    welcome to the board!

wish i could help you out, but i'd just end up opening your copy to spin it b/c i spin my open copy all the time! (thanks, DIMI!!!! :D )

good luck!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Thanks!
    Yeah, if I can't find a trade, I'll just end up opening it and spinning! But thought I'd try, just in case...
  • Options
    I don't quite understand.......why not just open yours?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    most bizarre post ever...good luck to you though
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    OPEN. IT. NOW.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    I don't quite understand.......why not just open yours?

You know, I just came across this thread and was going to ask the exact same thing....What gives?
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color straight to the mind and heart of all people." - Ben Harper
  • Options
    It's really not that strange.

He is wondering if someone who has an open copy perhaps wants one that's more of a collectible. Now, most of you don't do that. But, there are obviously people who do. So, before he opens his, he's seeing if maybe he could get a "kicker" and a copy to spin from someone who wants a collectible item (i.e. wishes they had a sealed copy because they don't play their version or have 2 opened ones) because the sealed one has greater value due to it's rarity (or maybe, it doesn't. That's what he's trying to find out here. He could easily sell it somewhere else, and with the funds buy an opened copy and something else. He's trying to avoid that process.) And it seems like a fair and logical offer.

Can we please stop commenting on what folks are trading unless we are interested in trading? I realize this isn't a beat down the flipper commentary that's been going on. But, it's equally as annoying. It's a fairly simple concept he was throwing out there.

And, in the end, he will spin his (whether opening his unopened one or getting one that is). So, hopefully, that even satisfies the "spinners." (Although, I guess the person trading for the sealed copy will be hated. I lose track of all the judging that goes on around here about what others own).

And, I apologize in advance if I offended anyone.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    tigers84tigers84 Greenville, SC Posts: 457
    THIS IS AN AWESOME POST!! ONE OF THE BEST IVE SEEN!! GOOD LUCK!!
    BUGS IN THE WAY, I FEEL ABOUT YOU
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    kreay01 wrote:
    I was fortunate to stumble across a sealed mint copy of RVM in a local record store. I need it for my collection, but I would prefer that it was opened, because I want to listen to it.

SO.... this may be a shot in the dark, but I was wondering if there was anyone out there who would be interested in a trade of my sealed mint copy of RVM for an opened copy of the same album in playable condition. Now I know this isn't a straight across trade, so maybe we could work out some sort of trade package.

Here are some of the other things I am looking for:
    Pearl Jam - Avocado LP
    Pearl Jam - Lost Dogs LP
    Pearl Jam - Live on Two Legs LP

Here are a some other things I have to trade in addition:
    Eddie Vedder Ukulele Songs songbook
    Pearl Jam - 5 Alive, Blue Vinyl
    Pearl Jam - VS, LP original pressing
    Soundgarden - Down on the Upside, double LP
    Soundgarden - Live on I-5

Anyone out there interested in making a trade?
    Just to be clear, I am primarily looking for an opened copy of Rearviewmirror. Maybe it is a long shot, but doesn't hurt to try, right?
    What record store did you find this in?
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021