Options

8 things which would be valid if Cobain hadn't committed

PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,268
edited November 2011 in Other Music
suicide.

1. Foo Fighters would have never been formed.

2. We might have liked Courtney Love. Maybe not.

3. Cobain and Love would have got a divorce.

4. "Last Days" would have never been released.

5. Cobain might have died from a heroin overdose.

6. Nirvana might have disbanded before 2000.

7. Kurt would have gone solo.

8. Undoubtedly, Cobain would not be the legend he is today.

What's your thoughts?
Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hostishostis Posts: 441
    your header says 'would' then the statements say 'might'. First thoughts... Contradictory.

as for 2: NEVER :-)
  • Options
    Sorry man, but English is not my mother tongue. Please pardon me for my grammatical mistakes. I think you got the essence though. Right? :)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    this message board gas notoriously always been anti kurt and nirvana. i find that childish and petty. i think the band and eddie have long respected kurt and nirvana and view both as important people in thier careers and lives.

the kurt would not be the legend he is today is such a silly statement it operates on the assumption that if an artist dies young, they only become legendary once they die, not before, which is ignorant. Jimi, Kurt, Jim Morrison, Janis, and extending it to other mediums Natalie Wood, james dean all were respected and legendary before they died. Kurt was considered voice of a generation and was considered legendary way before he died. His death only solidified it all.
  • Options
    Easy cowboy. It's not another anti-Nirvana/Kurt Cobain thread. Me personally, I love Nirvana and Kurt. It's just a funny thread about Kurt. Actually, these assumptions are not mine. They come from here: http://www.cosmo.gr/Entertainment/Mousiki/afieromata-music/8-pragmata-poy-tha-htan-alliws-an-o-kurt-cobain-den-eixe-aytoktonhsei.1429552.html. I don't think you can read in Greek. Do you? :) Anyway, under each assumption there is a very useful explanation that I didn't include here. I just wanted to see what the other members think about Kurt. That is all.
  • Options
    BM42909BM42909 Posts: 143
    They might have. Just after Nirvana split. I don't think Nirvana would have had much more time together as Kurt was becoming alienated from the band and disenchanted with the industry. Dave would've wanted to explore his artistic options.

I have a hard on for her. What can I say - I like dirty girls.

Agreed. Their's seemed like a marriage of convenience anyway.

Elephant was a better movie.

Isn't that what killed him anyway?

I think In Utero would've been their last album in any case. I'm not sure what they owed the label, but I don't think Kurt wanted to go corporate.

It would be interesting to see what he could do with his voice all alone.

Disagree - he unseated the King of Pop. Legends beget legends.
  • Options
    Thank you BM42909! That's exactly what I had in mind while writing this thread.
  • Options
    9. We wouldn't have threads like this about what would of happened if Cobain hadn't died
  • Options
    ;)
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,757
    I thought Foo Fighters were around while Kurt was alive.

Dave mentioned that while working on his solo work, he called the band Foo Fighters so it would sound like another random band rather than sounding like Dave Grohl had gone solo and was leaving Nirvana.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options

Dave mentioned that while working on his solo work, he called the band Foo Fighters so it would sound like another random band rather than sounding like Dave Grohl had gone solo and was leaving Nirvana.

no, it was some other band/artist alias, but I can't remember what it was at the moment.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Pap wrote:
    suicide.

Dave would have gone solo at some point, the name regardless, it would have been inevitible.

most people hated her before he died.

yep, they were already in the process.

it would have focused on the last days of Nirvana. ;)

had he not put the gun in his mouth, this would have killed him anyway, as someone else said.

probably.

he probably would have gone the John Lennon route and got all soft and folky. Or joined REM.

blasphemer! :lol:

What's your thoughts?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

no, it was some other band/artist alias, but I can't remember what it was at the moment.

Found it, kind of open to interpretation as to whether it was during or post-nirvana, but it sounds like during to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=npA1lI8F28Y#t=248s
  • Options

Found it, kind of open to interpretation as to whether it was during or post-nirvana, but it sounds like during to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=npA1lI8F28Y#t=248s

interesting. I could have sworn he called that tape a different name. but hey, you got it on video. and the video don't lie.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,788
    this message board gas notoriously always been anti kurt and nirvana. i find that childish and petty. i think the band and eddie have long respected kurt and nirvana and view both as important people in thier careers and lives.

the kurt would not be the legend he is today is such a silly statement it operates on the assumption that if an artist dies young, they only become legendary once they die, not before, which is ignorant. Jimi, Kurt, Jim Morrison, Janis, and extending it to other mediums Natalie Wood, james dean all were respected and legendary before they died. Kurt was considered voice of a generation and was considered legendary way before he died. His death only solidified it all.
    :| Had soemthing but thought better of it. Not worth it.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    I think the reasoning is that, given more time, he might have done things to spoil his reputation and lose some of the fame he had. Most musicians don't tend to maintain the high level of popularity they have when they had their first hit record, so if he lived he might have just faded into obscurity. The public has a hard on for young, fresh faces anyway, so dying young solidified him as being forever young.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    BM42909 wrote:

:clap::clap::clap::clap: :crazy: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    no one thinks SHE killed him?
  • Options
    Juan Godoy wrote:

Nope
  • Options
    Juan Godoy wrote:

Nope

you should..
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Interesting thread Pap. :)
    It's good to read everyone's opinions on those topics. I don't really know enough about Nirvana to have a solid opinion but I can say that I don't actually hate Courtney, more feel sorry for her. Hope she cleans herself up for her daughter's sake. ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    Juan Godoy wrote:
    No way, eh
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Juan Godoy wrote:
    Juan Godoy wrote:

Nope

you should..

I once held this idea as well. fact is, he was depressed as fuck, and wanted to end it, so he did.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    I once held this idea as well. fact is, he was depressed as fuck, and wanted to end it, so he did.
    I'd end it if I was married to Courtney Love, too.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    Back_Pedal wrote:

+1
  • Options
    Juan Godoy wrote:

Nope

you should..

I have depression and have NEVER used heroin....and I have put a loaded gun to my head....so, yeah it happens
  • Options
    Probably not, by I think Dave Grohl would do some cool stuff outside Nirvana either way, so... Who knows...

NOT. Never...

Very likely.

That would have been a blessing.

Probably... But he might as well get clean...

In that case, Foo Fighters would probably be here anyway. And I agree they probably would.

Maybe, but I don't think that would be near as good as Nirvana.

Agreed.

Also, this:
    BM42909 wrote:

Is quite a mistery for me... I have a friend who thinks the same and it always amazes me... I have no problem with "evaluating" other girls, but Courtney Love is one of those I wouldn't touch with a 3 meter long stick... Yuck... :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    ~Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something, don't you do it too...~
  • Options
    BM42909BM42909 Posts: 143
    Back_Pedal wrote:

I'd end it all right...all over her face. Skeet skeet skeet.
  • Options
    BM42909 wrote:
    Back_Pedal wrote:

I'd end it all right...all over her face. Skeet skeet skeet.
    Giggity, giggity :twisted: