Options

You know you're a Pearl jam fan when...

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    you drop 1K on a back pack
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    81 wrote:
    you drop 1K on a back pack
    That's not fandom... that is stupidity...
  • Options
    Jen07Jen07 Posts: 116
    You're waiting to plan your kids vacation around a 2012 tour that hasn't even been announced.

Yep me too!! My holidays next year (??) will be a trip around Oz to go to every gig - my comprimise for not going to Alpine Valley.
    Perth Nov 14, 2009
    Perth April 1, 2011 (EV solo)
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    You have a bright orange plastic wristband that says PJ20 that you can't bring yourself to take off almost two months later, even though it doesn't exactly match your work outfit.
  • Options
    You go to the Goods section every morning, clicking on the PJ20 DVD and Blu-Ray, just hoping copies have magically reappeared for sale. :cry:
    * Oscar Mayer Theater - 1991 * Eagle's Ballroom 1991 * R and R Station - 1992 * Marquette University 1992 * World Music Amphitheater - 1992 * Alpine Valley - 1992 * Alpine Valley - 2000 * Aladdin Theater x2 - 1993 * Chicago Stadium - 1994 * New Regal Theater - 1994 * St. Louis x2 - 1994 * Ann Arbor - 1994 * Bridge School - 1994 * Summerfest x2 - 1995 * Summerfest x2 - 2006 * Soldier Field - 1995 * Molson Park - 1998 * United Center - 2006 * United Center - 2009 * Cleveland - 2010 * Alpine Valley x2 - 2011 * Winnipeg 2011 * Saskatoon 2011 * Wrigley 2013 * Phoenix 2013 * Wrigley 2016 x2 *
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    when most of your friends ask you if you got a new PJ item on a daily basis...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    Yep...know how you're feeling. :cry:
    ...."bout that Original 10 Club Member number. My bad.
    ACE10 wrote:
    you still have some of your many cassette bootlegs

you taped Berlin 96' off of the radio

you hate the term 'jamily'

you wish you had your original 10 club number

you really, really wish you had your fucking original 10 club number
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • Options
    - You name your 2 sons Jeremy and Ethan Vedder. Wanted Matt Cameron for the second boy, but wife does not like the name Cameron, so you "settle" for Vedder as a middle name

-You're 34 and 6 foot 7, and you cry when you meet Mike on the street

-And can relate to %90 of all the comments in here
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    you fall asleep to them :D
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    When you can pee the word YELLOWLEDBETTER in the snow on the first try
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    myra wrote:
    You have a bright orange plastic wristband that says PJ20 that you can't bring yourself to take off almost two months later, even though it doesn't exactly match your work outfit.

you are officially a real fan...wow
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    you fall asleep to them :D
    :thumbup: And wake up to them :)
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    when your whole family is mad at you because you are missing your nephew's 5th birthday party because you have a PJ ticket on that day, and you glance at them with a "whatever" look on your face

when you finish to read all 17 pages of this thread at 2.45 on a Sunday morning listening to Habit!!!!!!
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    When giving directions instead of using left or right you use.... Mikes Side and Stones side
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    When giving directions instead of using left or right you use.... Mikes Side and Stones side

Some of us don't say Mike side...
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    aus_suz wrote:

OMG!!!! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Jeff side wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:

Well when I saw your name I thought to myself....
    hmmm Jeff's side.... he doesnt have a side... lol... runs................

Hes kinda off centre..
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    Jeff side wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:

Hes kinda off centre..

Kinda like me...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    when your whole family is mad at you because you are missing your nephew's 5th birthday party because you have a PJ ticket on that day, and you glance at them with a "whatever" look on your face

when you finish to read all 17 pages of this thread at 2.45 on a Sunday morning listening to Habit!!!!!!

:lol::lol:

Nobody understands...

When I was at PJ20 (the destination...not the Cameron Crowe film), I was in the ladies room when I happened to be texted by my friend from my hometown, 1400 miles away. I answered back "am at Pearl Jam concert in Wisconsin". Her reply "only you".

No.

Me and 30,000 other of us
    give or take 15,000 more or less other of us
    Post edited by rollings on
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    Jeff side wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:

Hes kinda off centre..

...Go to the red light
    then Make a left
    On second street take a kinda off centre to the stop sign
  • Options
    BerasapjBerasapj Posts: 292
    When you are in class and you remenber a PJ song because of a word that the teacher said or written on the blackboard :D
    Manchester 1&2 2012

Waiting for the next PJ euro Tour

Hoping not to get drown in the wave of life
  • Options
    Berasapj wrote:
    When you are in class and you remenber a PJ song because of a word that the teacher said or written on the blackboard :D

like what
  • Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,318
    Berasapj wrote:

and when you're the professor and quote a Pearl Jam lyric while teaching the class.....I did that just the other day.
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    ......when you completely remodel half your house around pearl jam posters and memorabilia
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    BerasapjBerasapj Posts: 292
    Rollings wrote:
    Berasapj wrote:

like what

like Once, blood, duaghter, light and a long list, in my brain always starts the song or a piece of the song.
    Manchester 1&2 2012

Waiting for the next PJ euro Tour

Hoping not to get drown in the wave of life
  • Options
    When you have entire notebooks full of transcribed PJ lyrics (from back before that stuff was accessible anywhere other than your own interpretation).

When you paid $150/ticket from a filthy scalper for nosebleed seats in 1994... (at age 15). You had to, because you would have died if you weren't there...

And, oh, how I mourn my 1994 10c number. So, so sad...
  • Options
    Oh, and don't forget the boxes full of overpriced VHS bootleg videos and interviews and the bags full of every magazine that had any horrible, misguided article or picture of the band. You hated them but you had to get them anyway.

And you hate when people scream "Eddie" because what about the rest of them??
  • Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    When you see the advertisement for the new TV show "Once Upon A Time" and begin singing "Once" really loud!
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Options
    You're quietly singing (or so I thought) along to Release from Alpine 11 boot, and your co-worker in the next cubicle says "here we go...." :shock:
  • Options
    When you have a coat rack that doesn't have a coat on it. But it is loaded with PJ hoodies. And your wife fights with you over which one you're going to wear.