Options

oh i could be new

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
you underestimate me...

anyone feeling that?
i've been feeling that for awhile...i guess i need to work on not being underestimated.....
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Yup...about a year of it.
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Kind of the opposite...like too much is expected of me. I feel like I'm about to crack, but no one seems to believe it :roll:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Kind of the opposite...like too much is expected of me. I feel like I'm about to crack, but no one seems to believe it :roll:

This is exactly like me. Exactly how I'm feeling lately. And no one here believes I'm slowly cracking and breaking.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    you underestimate me...

anyone feeling that?
    i've been feeling that for awhile...i guess i need to work on not being underestimated.....

Once in the past, very much so. I believed Paul Westerberg's line- "The best thing you never had"- could be my life.
    Then it became, "oh, I could be new".
    And now it is.

Thank you for the reminder, decides2dream, and may you find your way true.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    I like the alternate lyric "if you'd fucking let me..." - that about sums it up for a lot of relationships I think.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    DeLukin wrote:
    I like the alternate lyric "if you'd fucking let me..." - that about sums it up for a lot of relationships I think.

amen.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    you underestimate me...

anyone feeling that?

+1
    ~Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something, don't you do it too...~
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Yes. I feel both the ways that have been described in this thread. And then I just outright ignore it and do what I want to do anyway. Then usually things do turn out better than I even estimated. Honestly. I say, let them underestimate you, and watch them get blown out of the water when you exceed their expectations. Good or bad.

"Everyone has beauty they haven’t shared. Everyone has dreams no one’s heard about. Everyone has talents that people don’t notice. Everyone has weaknesses hidden inside. Everyone has a story left untold, so never start judging someone thinking you know them back to front. Because the truth is, you probably don’t."
    ~Lessons Learned in Life
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976

i see these as entirely separate things.....one can be underestimated and STILL have too much expected of them. ;)

i just feel....stuck.
    have for awhile, still trying to figure it all out....and i think out in the 'world' at the moment, i am feeling undervalued, underestimated.....*sigh*....

i must say though, i just love, love, love the beginning of that lyric...
    "oh i could be NEW"

because, yes...i could!
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    you underestimate me...

anyone feeling that?

punch those f...ers in the face :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    I completely relate.

I went through a period of feeling extremely unimportant, unappreciated, undervalued....like everything I did every day was for someone else; all my free time was spent doing favors and helping out friends and family and when I wasn't spending time, I was spending money on these people. And I was emotionally EXHAUSTED and completely overwhelmed. Then when I was in need, no one was there. No one seemed to give a shit. So then I just decided 'fuck em'. I know my worth, and if other people can't see it or don't appreciate it, I don't really need to waste a lot of time making those people happy. Now I just do what I want, when I want to do it. Not to sound selfish or anything because I still do spend a lot of time doing things for others, but that is because I WANT TO, not because I feel obligated.
    Of course, that's not always an easy rule to stick to, but I find I've been much happier since I decided to put my energy where I CHOOSE to---and I let go and let things fall where they may. Sure, I go through periods of things sucking and people sucking, but overall I am much better off now.

I make my own happiness, all the other fuckers are just along for the ride :D
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I think I underestimate myself sometimes. Making a decision as to what to do is heavy, there are too many paths in front of me.
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885

i see these as entirely separate things.....one can be underestimated and STILL have too much expected of them. ;)

i just feel....stuck.
    have for awhile, still trying to figure it all out....and i think out in the 'world' at the moment, i am feeling undervalued, underestimated.....*sigh*....

i must say though, i just love, love, love the beginning of that lyric...
    "oh i could be NEW"

because, yes...i could!
    :mrgreen:
    I told someone I need a break from being dumped on and they told me "You're like wonder woman, you can do anything." I think they're underestimating my ability to kick their ass. smileymiddle-fingeryou.gif

You can be new. We all can. I know this. I'm just too tired to make the change right now :lolno:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"